Thoughts on Temple's on-campus housing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PodStudent2018?

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was really stuck between off and on campus but eventually decided for on-campus bc of convenience and social aspect. Have any of yall lived there, and if so, do you regret it? What're some pros you get from being on-campus vs off-campus?

Members don't see this ad.

They are not the best. I would suggest living off campus. You can get a better deal / nicer apt <10 minute walk from school. You see everyone in school so much it wouldn't make much of a difference for the social aspect IMO.

I didn't live on campus but based on what everyone has told me who has, look for an off campus place. You'll find plenty of places that are close by that are not only nicer but more affordable.

Members don't see this ad :)
Was really stuck between off and on campus but eventually decided for on-campus bc of convenience and social aspect. Have any of yall lived there, and if so, do you regret it? What're some pros you get from being on-campus vs off-campus?
I lived on campus and honestly, its nice for first year. It's super convenient . especially if you are moving from far away. It's one less thing to worry about dont have to scramble to find a place but you already are stressed about other stuff . Also it was easier to meet and hang out with fellow classmates. Plus, 24/7 security! It's not pretty yes. But that's not what is important lol. I would suggest it for first year. PM me for any questions. :)

Reactions: 1 user
It's ok. I lived there all 4 years but I didn't need much so I didn't care. But it's definitely possible to find much better and affordable digs off campus

Affordable off campus
Pretty much everything within 12 mins

The on campus units are terrible. Would definitely recommend living in Chinatown just a couple blocks away.