Thoughts on High Yield Neuroanatomy 5th edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reperfused

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who used/using this book and took the exam within past 1 year or going to take it, please share your reviews. How useful do you feel this book is for the current step 1 exam?
I'd say I have mediocre level knowledge of neuroanatomy. I did kaplan neuro a long time ago. I could just revise it again (ofcourse with FA, UW etc) now that my exam is in a few months (some people say its sufficient), but I'm seriously considering high yield neuroanatomy book because I'd like to go in the exam with not just "sufficient" but "solid" neuro prep. Specially since some of the recent exams have been having quite a bit of neuro. Please advise.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Haven't seen the book, but the fifth edition is written by the same guy who wrote BRS neuro, and BRS is a big pile of crap. I'm using the 4th edition and I'm actually enjoying it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bumping this since this seems like the only thread about the 5th edition. Is the 5th edition actually worse than the 4th (Fix is still an author of the 5th).

Also, is knowing the entire book sufficient for Uworld and Step 1? I'm having a hard time getting through the First Aid Chapter.

Reactions: 1 user
If you think you need the extra review, get Clinical Neuroanatomy Made Ridiculously Simple. It's also very useful on your neurology rotation.

UFAP has everything you need.