This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

|A|B|C|InTheMake

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have got accepted to CWRU prime program from summer. Did any one have applied before or any views on this program?

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering the same thing. I have to choose between this and some other programs and wasn't sure which to pick

Based on the information from program director, PRIME is more for career switchers or who need to complete pre reqs unlike Mastere in physiology. PRIME seems like any other post bacc program. Courses will be taken like any other undergrad but some help for volunteer and shadowing opportunities.

Members don't see this ad :)
yea they advertise a 100% med school acceptance, so that is what I wasn't sure about

If you chose PRIME, when do you plan to start? I think their acceptance rate might not CWRU med school but even to others. Most schools advertise as 100 percent but I would not rely on it, it is our efforts that makes a possibility.

Hi, sorry for a late response. I was in the PRIME program in 2018/2019. It's great for specific candidates but there are probably better, more convenient, or cheaper options for most people. At about $44,000 it's a hefty price and there isn't much financial aid because it's still a relatively new program. I was a medical school reject several years ago. My GPA was 3.7ish and MCAT was 504, and I didn't have a good senior year. My letters of recommendation were also from years earlier and one writer told me they would not rewrite another for me. I saw PRIME as kind of "last chance" to get into medical school. You only have to take one required course each semester and it isn't difficult to get an A in. All other courses are up to you so I took a bunch of science classes that refreshed MCAT topics. If your GPA in the program and MCAT scores are high enough you are guaranteed an interview with the medical school. When I went through it was 3.7 GPA and 514 MCAT. There were 5 of us in the program (we were the second year of the program so I think they were pretty selective). Three of us qualified for the guaranteed interview, but only two of us took it. We were both accepted. The other got a full ride at Wisconsin. The two who did not meet the interview requirements (MCAT scores were 512 and 500) were accepted to DO schools.

Basically...if you are positive that you can get a 90th percentile MCAT and high grades for one year then this program will likely give you the boost to your application you need. They do a committee letter that also contains three recommendations from Case faculty and apparently it's a pretty good one. So if your letters are getting old and you don't want to ask the same profs for a rewrite this could also be a good fit for you. The miracle working can only go so far and it will be mostly up to you to succeed though.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, sorry for a late response. I was in the PRIME program in 2018/2019. It's great for specific candidates but there are probably better, more convenient, or cheaper options for most people. At about $44,000 it's a hefty price and there isn't much financial aid because it's still a relatively new program. I was a medical school reject several years ago. My GPA was 3.7ish and MCAT was 504, and I didn't have a good senior year. My letters of recommendation were also from years earlier and one writer told me they would not rewrite another for me. I saw PRIME as kind of "last chance" to get into medical school. You only have to take one required course each semester and it isn't difficult to get an A in. All other courses are up to you so I took a bunch of science classes that refreshed MCAT topics. If your GPA in the program and MCAT scores are high enough you are guaranteed an interview with the medical school. When I went through it was 3.7 GPA and 514 MCAT. There were 5 of us in the program (we were the second year of the program so I think they were pretty selective). Three of us qualified for the guaranteed interview, but only two of us took it. We were both accepted. The other got a full ride at Wisconsin. The two who did not meet the interview requirements (MCAT scores were 512 and 500) were accepted to DO schools.

Basically...if you are positive that you can get a 90th percentile MCAT and high grades for one year then this program will likely give you the boost to your application you need. They do a committee letter that also contains three recommendations from Case faculty and apparently it's a pretty good one. So if your letters are getting old and you don't want to ask the same profs for a rewrite this could also be a good fit for you. The miracle working can only go so far and it will be mostly up to you to succeed though.
Thanks for the feedback and congrats getting accepted into medical school. I'll be starting PRIME in the Fall. Did you take all the prereqs in one year (PHYS, CHEM, ORGCHEM, BIOCHEM)? Did you have opportunities to do any research or shadowing during/or after the program? I've never been to Cleveland and due to COVID did not get a chance to see the campus. Do you have any suggestions about housing, where to stay or avoid? Is it a bike friendly area or is it best to drive?