Thoughts about University of Delaware?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kasnie

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody! I'm a long time lurker but first time poster on these forums so please forgive me if I do something wrong. I was recently accepted into the DPT program at the University of Delaware, which is ranked by US News as the #1 program, but prior to this I knew nothing about the school. When I talk to friends in PT school it seems like they also haven't heard much. My question is, if Delaware is ranked so high, how come it doesn't seem to be that well-known or regarded? Can someone please explain?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everybody! I'm a long time lurker but first time poster on these forums so please forgive me if I do something wrong. I was recently accepted into the DPT program at the University of Delaware, which is ranked by US News as the #1 program, but prior to this I knew nothing about the school. When I talk to friends in PT school it seems like they also haven't heard much. My question is, if Delaware is ranked so high, how come it doesn't seem to be that well-known or regarded? Can someone please explain?
I want to add that I love the faculty and facilities when I visited. I'm just curious.

Where are you from? I'm from the Philadelphia area and Delaware is pretty well-known for their physical therapy. Everyone I have talked to about physical therapy seems to say it is well-regarded so I am unsure why you think that it isn't. Congratulations on getting accepted. I did as well and will probably be attending :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Where are you from? I'm from the Philadelphia area and Delaware is pretty well-known for their physical therapy. Everyone I have talked to about physical therapy seems to say it is well-regarded so I am unsure why you think that it isn't. Congratulations on getting accepted. I did as well and will probably be attending :)
Congratulations dpt6psu! I'm from the South so that's probably why. I really like the program though so I'm also very likely to attend :). Have you received the official email from the graduate school? I've only received an email from the admissions coordinator. It is a rather pricy school so I want to learn more about the financial packages.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations dpt6psu! I'm from the South so that's probably why. I really like the program though so I'm also very likely to attend :). Have you received the official email from the graduate school? I've only received an email from the admissions coordinator. It is a rather pricy school so I want to learn more about the financial packages.

Yeah that would probably be why! And I got that email as well September 26th and got the official email probably about a week later. That email will have any information about scholarships!

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah that would probably be why! And I got that email as well September 26th and got the official email probably about a week later. That email will have any information about scholarships!
Congrats guys! I have an interview Nov 7th. Do you guys mind telling me your stats and what the interview process was like?