This has no precedent...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just want to add, this morning either responding to the NK nuclear test or today's WSJ, new home prices were slashed uniformally by 20% or more across most of Northern California. This crash simply has no precedent. I went to 5 open houses yesterday, 4 of which were neighbors on the same block attempting to cash out ASAP. Even the realtors showing the houses admitted now is not the time to buy, prices are dropping through the floor.

http://patrick.net/housing/crash.html

http://thehousingbubbleblog.com/

“In an internal memo to employees, CEO Ara Hovnanian said an unspecified number of staff reductions were necessary in order ‘to remain healthy,’ as the nation’s eighth-largest U.S. home builder grapples with the broad downturn plaguing its industry.”

“‘In many locations, including corporate headquarters, we have been forced to face the fact that we no longer have enough work for all of our Associates,’ Hovnanian wrote. ‘We consider this action to be a last resort.’”

“News of Hovnanian’s job cuts comes one day after East Brunswick-based Kara Homes, one of the state’s largest private home builders of condominiums and active adult communities, filed for protection from creditors under Chapter 11. ‘The company ran out of cash,’ said Kara Homes bankruptcy attorney David Bruck.”

Expect 60% (yes 60%) drops in regional markets like California, Las Vegas, Florida and Boston before this rollcoaster bottoms out.

Members don't see this ad.

well, if you're right, then that means i'll be able to pick up a nice house in st. francis wood for about $600k by the time i'm out of med school - that would be awesome!!!

well, if you're right, then that means i'll be able to pick up a nice house in st. francis wood for about $600k by the time i'm out of med school - that would be awesome!!!

I maybe your neighbor there. Look for crazed pathologist with unkempt hair. Ive always been a fan of the outer sunset area.