Third Time Reapplicant Looking for Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

terfzee

Reaction score
This is my first time posting on SDN, and I am looking for some help. I just graduated college this May. I have applied to MD schools the last two cycles and I have only received an interview at my state school each time. On the bright side, I was waitlisted each time. However, I am now staring down the barrel of having to go through the application process again. I have a 3.96 cumulative/science GPA, 508 MCAT, about 150 hours total of shadowing in OR and clinical settings, and I am looking to have a little more than 50 hours of non-clinical and clinical volunteering each by the end of July. I did not have a LOE from my pre-med committee on either app cycle, nor will I have one this time around, because life has gotten in the way each time. However, I feel that my letter writers have been fairly strong. My home state is OK.

Could you lovely people help me compile a list of MD/DO schools that is fairly realistic? Is there any advice or avenues to take that you would suggest to help my chances? Any and all help is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

What were your school lists like the last two times? How have you improved your app? Your ECs are very weak.

First of all you should try to get that MCAT up if possible though not a deal breaker.

Here is the list of schools I applied to. The ones in CAPS are the ones I interviewed at:

MD

CREIGHTON
PENN STATE
DREXEL
GEISINGER
ALBANY MEDICAL COLLEGE
EVMS
GEORGETOWN
University of Miami
Vermont
Rosalind Franklin
Quinepiac
George Washington
VCU
Oakland Beaumont
Saint Louis
Tulane
Medical College of Wisconsin
Jefferson
Temple

DO

LECOM
Philadelphia College of Medicine
Edward Via College of Medicine

In total I got 2 MD acceptances and 1 DO acceptance. Going to Creighton and could not be happier. You need to really do some soul-searching because your stats are pretty solid. DM me for advice if you need it.

You should receive more interviews if you apply more broadly. I suggest all these schools with your stats:
Oklahoma
Creighton
Vermont
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Virginia Commonwealth