Thinking about trying Scripps Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program - Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocSherman

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I've been looking at options and I'm interested in doing the Scripps College Post-Bac Pre-Med Program. I'm aware that this isn't the kind of program for my situation (already have taken a good number of pre-reqs, though I need a lot more upper-divisions), but it is one of the closest to my home and the program does have some renown. I'm a Public Relations major, so its not exactly close to the sciences in terms of classes.

On the bad end, my GPA is pretty meh because of my science courses. It's around a 3.1-ish, though it could go up depending on grade forgiveness. It is also an upper trend since I did better over time.

On the good end, I do have a very strong ACT score (29) and have plenty of experience within the medical field thus far (medical scribe and currently a clinical research coordinator at a big hospital).

I'm aware that my GPA might bring me down, but I was wondering if my ACT and experience in the field could help me gain admittance into the program.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: