Things to read as a manager

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Asrai

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What types of books/journals/specific articles/general resources would be good for the manager of a community pharmacy to have available? I'm not talking so much about the general things that a pharmacist needs (such as a drug reference, but if you know of anything important, I would be glad to hear it), but things more specific to the manager. Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

Who moved my cheese?

cheeseqp8.png

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm starting to think you two need a room or maybe a safer place to store cheese. :laugh:

What types of books/journals/specific articles/general resources would be good for the manager of a community pharmacy to have available? I'm not talking so much about the general things that a pharmacist needs (such as a drug reference, but if you know of anything important, I would be glad to hear it), but things more specific to the manager. Any ideas?

being a good manager will come with experience. theres usually always issues in retail pharmacy. There is no way to avoid issues since you cant be there 24/7. its how you deal with the issue. That comes with experience. Anyway, good luck on your finds.

We've been assigned to read Primal Leadership by Goleman, and Reframing Organizations by Boleman and Deal (among others) for my current MBA class. They are both quite good, for very different reasons, so I'd check them both out.

and subscribe to the Harvard Business Review. They do a very good job on a variety of topics.