~~The White Version~~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrReo

"Thread Necromancer"
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where are the White Pre-Dents applying to/planning to attend ??? We can also keep a list of scholarships present for the white population.

I'm applying to 18 schools. But will wait on MWU.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Haha.. 17 schools for me.
<--- Pre-dents.

Scholarships :laugh: lol

This has got to be the most useless thread on the forum.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where are the White Pre-Dents applying to/planning to attend ??? We can also keep a list of scholarships present for the white population.

reo, we all know you're doing this because of the persian thread. grow up. **** like this makes it obvious that you're 18 or whatever.

reo, we all know you're doing this because of the persian thread. grow up. **** like this makes it obvious that you're 18 or whatever.
Not that I'm defending any type of post that causes racial tension, but why is this one so much worse than the threads that promote Persian/Desi/Korean/African American/Hispanic/(insert any other racial or ethnic group) pride? Are they not all equally reprehensible, or if not, are they not all equally appropriate in your view?

wow...that's pretty hostile. Professionalism there tiger.

I applied to 12 schools. All of them accept more whites than any other race, so that's why I chose them above other schools. I think it will increase my chances of being accepted.

Not that I'm defending any type of post that causes racial tension, but why is this one so much worse than the threads that promote Persian/Desi/Korean/African American/Hispanic/(insert any other racial or ethnic group) pride? Are they not all equally reprehensible, or if not, are they not all equally appropriate in your view?

agreed everyone should be able to have their own group even if that group happens to be a majority

i think they're fine but i don't think it's okay for a user to mock another thread like this.

10 schools btw...paying attention to where I would most likely gain acceptance and staying fairly clear of where I wouln't.

i think they're fine but i don't think it's okay for a user to mock another thread like this.
How do you know op is mocking?? Put the ak away..today is a good day.

How do you know op is mocking?? Put the ak away..today is a good day.

BAHAHAHHAAHA i love this thread. I'm asian, and I really hope the OP is mocking all the "OMG WHERE ARE MY (INSERT ETHNICITY) PEOPLE APPLYING?!?!"...seriously..if every other race can have representation, why not white people. It's bad enough that you don't get to see "White Students Association" anywhere during clubs week (at my school at least) because coloured people will think its racist. That's BS.

All the power to you white people.

Every thread like gets closed in a heartbeat. Maybe not so much because of the title/subject of the thread, but for all the posts like the one from ak47 and the subsequent bashing that ensues.

Members don't see this ad :)
do international students stand any chance at scholarships?

wow...that's pretty hostile. Professionalism there tiger.

I would have to agree with the person above.

Professionalism what? This is a message board, and the person's not even through dental school yet..

It doesn't matter where you are in your life or what you have accomplished. If you have made it this far in life, a certain degree of professionalism should always be used. Everyone here writing on these forums wants to be a dentist (or something even further) so it is even more important for us to be practicing it, not to mention that everyone should remain open minded about things such as this.

I do agree the thread seemed like he was mocking the other threads, but he is entitled to his opinion. I am white and I will agree (especially at my school in Georgia) that if the white population attempted to do anything such as this then it would be shut down within hours. The would be no questions asked; it would just be considered racist and nothing more.

To answer his question, I am applying to Georgia, Tennessee, Nova, VCU, WVU, Pitt, and Ala. Three interviews thus far. :)

No, it was an honest attempt to gather my race to see if there are scholarships for us. Please keep your tone down well others will enjoy the information availible in this thread.

LOL i find this a very good response to the Persion thread. I liked it alot.

I applied to 15 schools, all on the east coast with the exception of UCLA which is obviously west coast. My first choice is Stonybrook, followed closely by UNDMJ Penn and Maryland.

I find this thread very amusing. Whites all the sudden get a minority complex.:laugh:

I find this thread very amusing. Whites all the sudden get a minority complex.:laugh:

We were never asking to be a minority. To form a group, one must be minority?

to OP, your intentions with this thread are well-founded. perhaps a different thread title (e.g. "scholarships for non-minorities") would have sufficed, as the one you chose seems to mock the persian thread.
note: in case you're wondering, i am neither persian nor white. though i do enjoy a good scholarship every now and then.

to OP, your intentions with this thread are well-founded. perhaps a different thread title (e.g. "scholarships for non-minorities") would have sufficed, as the one you chose seems to mock the persian thread.
note: in case you're wondering, i am neither persian nor white. though i do enjoy a good scholarship every now and then.

On the contrary, I happen to like the title. Every other race gets to have "WHERE MY BROWN PEOPLE AT?!", "THE PERSIAN VERSION", etc., This title is direct. I think all these race threads are dumb and pointless in general, but if they're going to exist, all the power to the white people for starting one up....now $5 says that if we read all the other race groups, no one would be complaining like they are on this thread.

BAHAHAHHAAHA i love this thread. I'm asian, and I really hope the OP is mocking all the "OMG WHERE ARE MY (INSERT ETHNICITY) PEOPLE APPLYING?!?!"...seriously..if every other race can have representation, why not white people. It's bad enough that you don't get to see "White Students Association" anywhere during clubs week (at my school at least) because coloured people will think its racist. That's BS.

All the power to you white people.

Who are you, Clayton Bigsby? ;)

I agree wholeheartedly with amalgamgrillz, If people to want to show their ethnic pride, then ALL ethinicities (I am sorry Persian/brown/AA etc peeps this INCLUDES whites too) should be able to have their own thread. The ethnic pride people have only themselves to blame for starting this trend of un-necessary ethnic threading. I don't have a problem if certain people feel the need to seek out their "own people" but they are just being hypocrites by whining when another ethnic group start their own thread.

Reading the posts on this thread has proved very amusing. Sure, the title could be seen as "mocking" the other thread, but shouldn't the whites have the same right to start a thread like this as the non-whites? It really is unbelievable the amount of negative posts this has yielded. As long as there are no racist comments in here, I dont see any problems with what Dr.Reo is doing. People are allowed to indetify themselves with any group, this is America. Everyone calm down and let the white people be.

BTW, since most of you will jump to conclusions, no I am not white :).

In short: There are scholarships for everyone.

We were never asking to be a minority. To form a group, one must be minority?

Seeing that over a majority (over 80% i think) of the applicants to DS ARE white, what's the point of this? And yeah, there are scholarships for ethnic minorities, but for the most part, most scholarships don't use race as an exclusion criteria.

And we're all pre-dents here anyway, so its a big collective group. I hope you find some place to call home here.

Goodluck with your applications!!

I was waiting for someone to do this after all the persian/desi/asian/african american/hispanic/native american/half irish/half polish catholc, russian, russian/jewish pride threads.

Last edited:
Goodluck with your applications!!

I was waiting for someone to do this after all the persian/desi/asian/african american/hispanic/native american/half irish/half polish catholc, russian, russian/jewish pride threads.

"Yo, are there any 1/4 Cherokee, 1/4 Laotian, 1/2 desi's applying to dent school??" Persian Power!!!!!

jews!!!!!:D

I almost feel bad replying but the thread does have some truth to it and is a little funny... anyway, I shouldn't play in these waters but this is the closest I can get... its for arts... dentistry can be considered an art...right?

$500 Mrs. Katherine Flowers Reid Scholarship for the Arts

Nancy S (removed the rest of the last name)

A mixed-race, Philipino/African-American/Caucasian Californian, Nancy, is a graduate of John O'Connel High School in San Francisco.
Currently attending San Francisco State University

I mean it has the word Caucasian in it.

I think any race is just great... and I would NEVER turn down a Caucasian American Catholic of German Descent dental scholarship. You can start one you know... anyone can start a scholarship for ANYTHING ;)

Good luck with that.

That is not the preferred nomenclature...Jewish American please :thumbup:

I have yet to be referred to as a Jewish American. My friends just call me the Jew. I guess I am used to it.:cool:

You guys should form the Kaucasian Kulture Klub. I tried starting that club in high school, but they denied me... it probably didn't help that I'm Vietnamese.

Yeah, the OP was most likely mocking the other threads... but really, it's not that big of a deal.

You guys should form the Kaucasian Kulture Klub. I tried starting that club in high school, but they denied me... it probably didn't help that I'm Vietnamese.

Yeah, the OP was most likely mocking the other threads... but really, it's not that big of a deal.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

LOL. Phraud... I think it's time you update your predents profile to include your acceptance, no?