The Waiting Room thread...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cool_vkb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
well, many of us are interviewing in this month and i guess within 2-3 weeks we all will be settling down on what schools we want to get in. And then what? Iam done already and i dont know what to do now. there;s a whole year ahead of me to join Podiatry School. before appications, there was something going on. now its like a vaccum nothing to do.

Its like u bought the ticket for train and r waiting in waiting room for the train to come. Any ideas by seniors, what did u guys do after getting accepted while waiting for classes to start.

Anyone else in the waiting room.

Members don't see this ad.

Thats the downside of applying early :laugh: But hey, I'm not complaining, I'd rather be in this situation than freaking about waiting for schools to offer me an interview or accept me. So in a way, this is the best waiting room to be in. :thumbup:

As for me, I have interviews at CSPM and Barry. Now just waiting for the invites from AZPOD, Scholl, and DMU to come and I'll be complete

well, many of us are interviewing in this month and i guess within 2-3 weeks we all will be settling down on what schools we want to get in. And then what? Iam done already and i dont know what to do now. there;s a whole year ahead of me to join Podiatry School. before appications, there was something going on. now its like a vaccum nothing to do.

Its like u bought the ticket for train and r waiting in waiting room for the train to come. Any ideas by seniors, what did u guys do after getting accepted while waiting for classes to start.

Don't you still have to take the MCAT's. I would probably be studying for those if you only have been conditionally accepted to Scholl.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't you still have to take the MCAT's. I would probably be studying for those if you only have been conditionally accepted to Scholl.

naah dude! mcat r not a big worry. i am well prepared for them. i have been preparing for them since July for daily 4-5hrs and just completed Orgo,Physics wth A. So its not a big deal.iam writing practice tests everyday and my average is in mid 20s. Even if MCAT is big deal, it is no match to the worry, excitement,tension and sleepless nights like i had bfore the Application process :D . Now its all gone. i feel like there's nothing to do now. just blank. lol!

u will understand it once u r done with the interview process and get accepted. may god get u ur desired admission seat.

Yeah,

Waiting really sucks. I was in the same boat as you about a year ago.
Possibly in your spare time you may want to work to make some extra spending $$$ or spend more time with Podiatrists.

Are you planning on living at home while going to school?

Yeah,

Waiting really sucks. I was in the same boat as you about a year ago.
Possibly in your spare time you may want to work to make some extra spending $$$ or spend more time with Podiatrists.

Are you planning on living at home while going to school?

yes, iam from Elmwood Park -Schaumburg Area. but my aunt stays in Buffalo Grove. When i came for interview it was a 20 min drive. i took i-94. i thought i can save thousands of dollars worth of loan if i stay with my parents or with aunt. do u think its a good idea to commute. r u from chicagoland area or u r out of state student.

yes, iam from Elmwood Park -Schaumburg Area. but my aunt stays in Buffalo Grove. When i came for interview it was a 20 min drive. i took i-94. i thought i can save thousands of dollars worth of loan if i stay with my parents or with aunt. do u think its a good idea to commute. r u from chicagoland area or u r out of state student.

I think it would be a good idea to commute.

I commute from Arlington Heights/ Mount Prospect area off of Golf Rd, take I-294, I-94 all the way up to Buckley Rd. Its about a 35-40 min drive with an average traffic pattern. My significant other commutes down to Lombard so we thought this area would be the best fit. However, she seems to get to school a little bit quicker than me. However, we pay $400 per month less down here for a 2bdrm versus up by RFU.

Schaumburg Rocks!! How far away do you live from the Woodfield Mall? For me its just a 8 minute drive off of Golf Rd (I live right on Golf Rd).

Possibly if you were going to drive from Schaumburg, you could take I-53(I-290) north up to Lake Cook Rd go east and hit I-94N. However, you may want to live closer (Buffalo Grove) considering our classes start at 8am:eek:, most days.

Anyway, you would save a ton of $$$ living at home.