The Usual Post-Bacc vs. Masters.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalboy728

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, Im stuck. I have a feeling that im not going to get into dental school so why try.
oGPA: 2.9
sGPA: 2.5

The deal is, i try for a post-bacc or a Master program. Ive heard that in my case i would have to do a master because a pos-bacc would not make much of a difference.

Also if i do decide on a paster, would any master program work? such as a MPH or i would have to do s SMP. Help! :/

Members don't see this ad.

It would help us tremendously if you listed your DAT, extracurriculars, and any information you deem important.

Not necessarily, if you do a post-bacc with a rigorous science curriculum then you have a fair shot for dental schools. You would just limit yourself to private and expensive dental schools.

No, any masters program will do is a bad mentality. You should find a masters program that has connections with a dental school preferably and offers graduate level science based courses (i.e. immunology, histology, pathology, microbiology, anatomy and physiology). A masters in public health is a huge misconception for pre-dental students with low GPA. They offer a lot of sociology and other non-science classes. They have 1-3 upper level science courses, but that will not prove to dental schools you can handle a strict and rigorous dental curriculum.