The upcoming collapse of US Economy...what are we pharmacists gonna do about it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lisinopril

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First of all, I am not a doom and gloom guy. I'm a realistic person. Five years ago, I came to this forum and advised students to consider alternative careers since I forecasted a major saturation in pharmacy jobs in future (which is now). I even told people when it would peaked ...None listened and called me a TROLL. :)

Here we are...end of 2013...almost 2014. Today, I am not talking about pharmacy job market (everyone knows it's saturated by now). I'm talking about stock/equity/housing market.

Take a quick look at our national debt: http://www.usdebtclock.org/

17 TRILLIONS!
and more to come....

Why so much debt? RECKLESS SPENDING, MINIMAL SAVING, RECKLESS BORROWING.
And what? Stock market is at all time high. Most companies are way overvalued. (For example, look at NFLX....what a joke!!!). Most stocks are now momentum traded (high frequent day traders and not fundamental traded like many years ago.). Also, with QE Infinity propping up market, this looks like a "must go up" stock market. Good news, stock goes up...Bad news ...stock goes up too.:laugh:

Now what?

Correction, my friends. It is coming...Though I can't time the market 100% accurately. I can almost guarantee a market crash will likely happen next year or so. A mini-correction will happen by the end of this year.

I sold most of my stocks (except for two) and locked my gains. The ride was fun while it lasts. I shifted all my porfolio in hard assests (you know what I am talking about ?). Also, I bought lots of Gold and Silver coins back in July. Oh and bought some paddalium too.

Btw, housing will also have a correction too. Way too overvalued in some areas.....

It's getting close, guys....

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Pharmacy saturation is easy to predict. Just look at the number of graduates.

Stock market is much harder to predict. The debt is a concern but it is not as high this year as predicted since the government is getting more revenue.

I am not a gold bug. I think anybody who put all their wealth in gold is going to regret it.

Btw just because you got the pharmacy saturation right doesn't make you any more credible on predicting future events.

I think a correction is coming too. The stock market is a bit overvalued now, and with the rising interest rate sucked up near future home buyers, it will halt and retreat a bit before long. But the bull momentum isn't going to stop on a dime, and the current bull mentality will artificially jack up holiday spending and shows up in profit reports during the first quarter. So I'm guessing the correction will likely be in the second quarter, maybe another 6 months.

Members don't see this ad :)

Stock market is much harder to predict. The debt is a concern but it is not as high this year as predicted since the government is getting more revenue.

I am not a gold bug. I think anybody who put all their wealth in gold is going to regret it.

Btw just because you got the pharmacy saturation right doesn't make you any more credible on predicting future events.

I was not a gold bug either...I never liked gold before...It's useless to me. You can't eat it. It doesn't have dividends. It just sits there. But I am an observing/trend investor.

What I have seen is the absolutely massive amount of gold and precious metals purchased by China and many other countries. Don't tell me China is nothing :) because afterall, we are borrowing trillions from them. Why they have to hoard so much gold? Obviously, the only reason is they want their yuan to be recognized as the world currency backed by GOLD standard. It is coming....very very close.

One day you wake up in the morning and you realize you're half poorer because US dollar plummets 50%. This is no fantasy. Your purchasing power reduces in half. On the other hand, the guy who has been called "dumb" to hold gold....now his purchasing power is doubled...or even trippled!.

Just mark this thread. I will come back in a few years and we'll know who is on the right side.

How much gold does China have vs. US ?

How much gold does China vs. US have?

US has more gold on paper report only. :laugh:. In fact, Fed Reserve refuses to submit audit of Germany's gold holding back in April.
http://nsnbc.me/2013/04/18/federal-...-audit-of-germanys-gold-held-in-u-s-vaults-2/

What does it tell you? The US is bluffing!!! We don't have as much as people thought we have. The US is a joke! We don't have anything beside warships! NOTHING , my friend. Not even gold. We sold them long ago to CHINA !!!!:laugh:

Your source. What is nsnbc? Is that similar to msnbc?

First of all, I am not a doom and gloom guy. I'm a realistic person. Five years ago, I came to this forum and advise students to consider alternative careers since I forecasted a major saturation in pharmacy jobs in future (which is now). I even told people when it would peaked ...None listened and called me a TROLL. :)

Here we are...end of 2013...almost 2014. Today, I am not talking about pharmacy job market (everyone knows it's saturated by now). I'm talking about stock/equity/housing market.

Take a quick look at our national debt: http://www.usdebtclock.org/

17 TRILLIONS!
and more to come....

Why so much debt? RECKLESS SPENDING, MINIMAL SAVING, RECKLESS BORROWING.
And what? Stock market is at all time high. Most companies are way overvalued. (For example, look at NFLX....what a joke!!!). Most stocks are now momentum traded (high frequent day traders and not fundamental traded like many years ago.). Also, with QE Infinity propping up market, this looks like a "must go up" stock market. Good news, stock goes up...Bad news ...stock goes up too.:laugh:

Now what?

Correction, my friends. It is coming...Though I can't time the market 100% accurately. I can almost guarantee a market crash will likely happen next year or so. A mini-correction will happen by the end of this year.

I sold most of my stocks (except for two) and locked my gains. The ride was fun while it lasts. I shifted all my porfolio in hard assests (you know what I am talking about ?). Also, I bought lots of Gold and Silver coins back in July. Oh and bought some paddalium too.

Btw, housing will also have a correction too. Way too overvalued in some areas.....

It's getting close, guys....

You remind me of my dad.

I was not a gold bug either...I never liked gold before...It's useless to me. You can't eat it. It doesn't have dividends. It just sits there. But I am an observing/trend investor.

What I have seen is the absolutely massive amount of gold and precious metals purchased by China and many other countries. Don't tell me China is nothing :) because afterall, we are borrowing trillions from them. Why they have to hoard so much gold? Obviously, the only reason is they want their yuan to be recognized as the world currency backed by GOLD standard. It is coming....very very close.

One day you wake up in the morning and you realize you're half poorer because US dollar plummets 50%. This is no fantasy. Your purchasing power reduces in half. On the other hand, the guy who has been called "dumb" to hold gold....now his purchasing power is doubled...or even trippled!.

Just mark this thread. I will come back in a few years and we'll know who is on the right side.

How though, do you make more money if all you have is invested in gold? Isn't risk and volatility a prereq for exponential growth? I have a money manager. He matched 80% of my workplace earnings for 2012. I do not wish to illuminate my struggle with the saturation but rather highlight the importance of market volatility to making money more quickly in the middle of a **** storm. Granted in your prediction the whole market is moot but how long will you hold out in support of your theory and how much do you stand to loose if you are wrong?:eyebrow:

http://twoshortplanksunplugged.blogspot.com/2013/10/134000-gold-price.html

Gold will be used to reboot the debt cycle. The new price will not be determined by shrimps like us. It will be determined by our owners, the Custodians of the planet. Those families nobody hears of that have wealth hidden in trusts. They own nothing but control everything through these trusts. The Forbes richest list is an annual distraction to misled the goyim as to who the truly wealthy are--the ancient trading families of Venice.

http://twoshortplanksunplugged.blogspot.com/2013/05/gold-nwo-elitesthe-gamethe-ambush.html

Gold isn't money and it's not wealth. It's a lifeboat in a debt deflation to get you to the next monetary regime. It will only increase your wealth when trust in the system is eroding ( deflation). Gold trails CPI when trust in the system increases ( inflation).

I have no worry. I live in Barrow and we do not depend on the US economy pretty much. We got funded no matter what from the government and we also hunt whales for food.

Members don't see this ad :)
^^This. I know people like to give BMB a tough time, but wisdom is wisdom.

You know what else China owns a lot of? USD. USD has been more stable than gold for a very long time (and especially in recent decades) and it will probably continue to be so. More of the world still wants to keep reserves in USD vs. gold and with good reason.

Uhh, have you looked at the TIC report lately? Since March the total of Fed foreign holdings has dropped from 5721.8B to 5588.8B. That's a drop of 133B over 5 months. This is a reversal from an average 40B increase per month. So this is like a 66B per month in the other direction.

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/data-chart-center/tic/Documents/mfh.txt

If the BRICS all jump at once in a mass devaluation against gold then the increase of value in their gold holding will compensate their losses in Treasuries. This is why China and Russia are buying gold hand over fist. They are getting ready for a new system in which gold plays a part. It appears that a deal was struck with the Eastern powers to keep the gold price capped until they acquired enough at low prices. In return they would not dump Treasuries en masse.

http://twoshortplanksunplugged.blogspot.com/2013/10/occams-razor-in-gold-space.html

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/Broadcast/Entries/2013/9/21_Chris_Powell.html

Last edited:
Believe it or not, more than 90 percent of people living in this country don't even know what is going on the world...they don't know what debt really is and they believe in what being told by media. They sure know who Miley Cirus is, and sure know Justine Bieber is gay, on the other hand.

Not me! I just found out that OJ went to prison. NPR all the way baby.

Believe it or not, more than 90 percent of people living in this country don't even know what is going on the world...they don't know what debt really is and they believe in what being told by media. They sure know who Miley Cirus is, and sure know Justine Bieber is gay, on the other hand.

95% of people claiming a certain percentage of people are considerably less informed than them are ideologues that have intellectually cornered themselves into a sort of tunnel vision leading to them believing they can easily predict the future from within said intellectual bubble.

I haven't had time to beef up on my economics (something I plan to do after I graduate), but from listening to several different sources, it seems like there are three big areas where the market has the potential to start spiraling out of control again:

1) Credit downgrade - it's already happened once, and since nothing has changed with regard to our monetary policy, it's not unreasonable to assume that it will likely happen again in the future

2) End of quantitative easing - there seems to be a pretty good consensus that quantitative easing (or basically the Fed just printing off boatloads of un-backed US dollars), is the major thing keeping the stock market stable/afloat right now. So here we seem to have a choice: inflation (continuing QE) or (possibly) tanking the stock market (stopping QE). Political nature seems to suggest that QE will continue (can't have the stock market affecting approval ratings after all...)

3) End of the USD as a world reserve currency for purchasing oil. If I'm not mistaken, there have already been a lot of calls for this, but having the USD as a world reserve currency is basically the only thing allowing us to print off tons of un-backed cash and still have our economy stay afloat.

Take your pick. Hope nothing bad happens, but it does kind of seem inevitable...

The thing that I don't get is this...why not just use QE to pay down some of the debt we owe? Somebody's going to be left with "funny money" in the end, and I'd prefer that it wasn't us...

The thing that I don't get is this...why not just use QE to pay down some of the debt we owe? Somebody's going to be left with "funny money" in the end, and I'd prefer that it wasn't us...

I like your first three points. As far as this one goes, you just need to look into global macroecon a bit.

QE is being used to finance debt, reduce debt, and fund govt spending in the following 4 ways. (Potentially more.. just a few that everyone knows about)

1. The fed sends any "profits" it makes directly to the us treasury .. since the fed basically generated a few trillion in assets for itself, it means a lot more accrued interest checks are being sent to uncle sam .. I think it is in the 10s of billions quarterly.

2. Fed floods us stock markets. Since asset prices, earned investment income, and commodities prices increase directly with QE.. the govt receives revenue from real holdings appreciating as well as more taxes from increased economic activity.

3. By printing, dollars are devalued (mostly theoretical atm but clearly coming stronger in the future).. this directly reduces the real value of owed debt.

4. Since us markets are not generating quality returns atm.. a large part of QE ends up overseas in "emerging" (aka 'hot') markets, such as china, where investors can make more money. Developing countries typically do not want a flood of dollars coming in to be converted to their currency or it will inflate and bubble their economies (we already saw this happen in china partially due to QE 1 and 2).. so the choice is to either inflate with us (global inflation shakes out evenly for all players but since debt is denominated in usd we win by reduced debt)... the other choice for countries like china who have boatloads of usd coming in and don't want to create inflation for themselves is to buy t bills and t bonds..

So while QE isn't directly financing our debt, it is financing the govt directly and indirectly, and is indirectly reducing debt obligations by decreasing the real value owed as well as artifically reducing treasury interest rates.

Edit.. forgot an obvious one.. isn't the fed buying treasuries atm directly too ?

The funny money is already out the door. The developing countries are holding a few trillion of it. It just that it won't be declared officially "funny" until the last minute and after several more QE waves.. when the dollar depreciates.

The funny money is already out the door. The developing countries are holding a few trillion of it. It just that it won't be declared officially "funny" until the last minute and after several more QE waves.. when the dollar depreciates.

I think this is why a lot of people suggest investing in precious metals, although reading the forums on here, it seems like a lot of people see this as an "all or none" option, which I just don't understand... I think that's why everyone always says to diversify your portfolio. Also, gold is always tossed around in the context of precious metals, but silver has significantly outperformed gold in recent years. Me personally, if I had any money (I'm a broke student, so no matter what happens in the economy, I'll still be broke), I would invest part of it in physical silver. It's easy to get into, seems easy to get out of right now, and if things do head south, then silver prices will likely skyrocket. That being said, if you play the stock game right, I think there is still money to be made, for now... I'm just a naturally risk-averse person, so I'm always looking to hedge my bets. :D

Thanks for the additional info on QEternity :(...like I said, my understanding of economics isn't phenomenal right now. Just working off a semester of intro econ and what I can glean from reputable sources. Hopefully that will change one day though.

Last edited:
I think this is why a lot of people suggest investing in precious metals, although reading the forums on here, it seems like a lot of people see this as an "all or none" option, which I just don't understand... I think that's why everyone always says to diversify your portfolio. Also, gold is always tossed around in the context of precious metals, but silver has significantly outperformed gold in recent years. Me personally, if I had any money (I'm a broke student, so no matter what happens in the economy, I'll still be broke), I would invest part of it in physical silver. It's easy to get into, seems easy to get out of right now, and if things do head south, then silver prices will likely skyrocket. That being said, if you play the stock game right, I think there is still money to be made, for now... I'm just a naturally risk-averse person, so I'm always looking to hedge my bets. :laugh:

Thanks for the additional info on QEternity :)()...like I said, my understanding of economics isn't phenomenal right now. Just working off a semester of intro econ and what I can glean from reputable sources. Hopefully that will change one day though.

That is a good bet, man. I'm going for physical silver too once I get started.

I also am a hedger. I don't think the world will end or the financial system will end all at once like the doomsday people say, so a diversified portfolio will ultimately always be a great choice.

Personally, I am on the side of hard assets. My short to intermediate plan is going to be rare metals

MV=PY

That is why QE isn't leading to massive inflation (actually we should have done more to meet our 2% target) and why it won't if the Fed sticks to its targets (or as they recently have done been conservative on the targets).

I strongly agree that the stock market is growing too fast based on momentum and not fundamentals. How on earth are fb and lnkd worth so much? It's only a matter of time before the stock market tanks 10 to 30% or even more.

3) End of the USD as a world reserve currency for purchasing oil. If I'm not mistaken, there have already been a lot of calls for this, but having the USD as a world reserve currency is basically the only thing allowing us to print off tons of un-backed cash and still have our economy stay afloat.

That's a good insight you bought up that. Listen, forget the media jokesters like that dude Peter Schiff...the gold bug, and the rest of those media clowns who ***** themselves
to dupe the americans about gloom and doom. Forget CNBC, MSNBC, jim cramer....they are fun to watch, but I don't believe they have any idea what are they are talking about. One reason why they are lame because they don't have a good track record. People will lose money for being involved with them.

Yes, USD is the world currency because it is backed by oil, and that's the reason US can keep printing dollars. No media will tell you that, so they feed you with gold/silver pump, dollar crash. When Iran wants to pull themselves out of this, guess who is involved in a possible nuclear war?

If you want to learn about economy, check out Mike Stathis. He will tear any media financial idiot easily. Google his track record, his consistency.

Stathis is right about gold being a hedge against deflation and is a piss-poor inflation hedge. Gold should not be held long-term. In fact I've been recently banned from a goldbug forum b/c the goldbugs couldn't not provide an answer to the Barsky-Summers effect in which gold is inversely correlated with long term interest rates. The goldbugs think gold will track inflation. It will not! It will underperform CPI when real rates are above 2%. I've been doing my own research in other currencies with CPI data, bank deposit rates, and the gold price. Barsky-Summers is real.

At least from what I read from his 2009 articles on gold, Stathis is myopic to the great deflation ahead. There is too much debt that can never be serviced. It will have to devalued. After the Reset, when a real positive interest rate can be tolerated then that will be the time to exit gold.

@xml2; @grumps

If I'm reading your posts right, you are both anti-precious metals in the current market? If so, what do you two see as the best investments?

@xml2; @grumps

If I'm reading your posts right, you are both anti-precious metals in the current market? If so, what do you two see as the best investments?

Sorry for ambiguity. Now we are in a cycle in which gold/silver make sense. It's the Winter of the Kondratieff Cycle. Precious metals make sense when real rates (nominal-CPI) are negative. ( Cue for the debate about how doctored the BLS CPI is.) My gripe is with the uber-goldbugs who recommend staying in gold forever to which I say you'll be sorry if you do.

Sorry for ambiguity. Now we are in a cycle in which gold/silver make sense. It's the Winter of the Kondratieff Cycle. Precious metals make sense when real rates (nominal-CPI) are negative. ( Cue for the debate about how doctored the BLS CPI is.) My gripe is with the uber-goldbugs who recommend staying in gold forever to which I say you'll be sorry if you do.

Gotcha...I was kind of scratching my head there...haha. Definitely agree with the above bolded...

Pharmacy Owner - Mike Palmer & I discuss the United States economy and the SIMPLE SOLUTIONS. Put your MONEY where your MOUTH is - literally:
Here's the interview: http://pharmacypodcast.com/million-american-jobs-project-interview-with-mike-palmer/

We interview Mike Palmer with Hometown Pharmacies in Chillicothe Missouri about the

MILLION AMERICAN JOBS PROJECT:

Mike J. Palmer

Hometown Pharmacies - Chillicothe, MO

By taking a fraction of what we’re already spending and buying US-made goods, we’ll create a economic tidal wave. Watch the vid and share it. Boom, you’re helping make jobs. millionjobsproject. us

Million American Jobs Project - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FrGxO2Fn_M

#MillionAmericanJobs

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-10-28/guest-post-culture-ignorance-part-i

" The toxic combination of government delivered public education, dumbed down socially engineered curriculum, taught by uninspired intellectually average union controlled teachers, to distracted, unmotivated, latchkey kids, has produced a generation of young people ignorant about history, basic mathematical concepts, and the ability or interest to read and write. They have been taught to feel rather than think critically. They have been programmed to believe rather than question and explore. Slogans and memes have replaced knowledge and understanding. They have been lured into inescapable student loan debt serfdom by the very same government that is handing them a $200 trillion entitlement bill and an economy built upon low paying service jobs that don’t require a college education, because the most highly educated members of society realized that outsourcing the higher paying production jobs to slave labor factories in Asia was great for the bottom line, their stock options and bonus pools."

"The youth have one thing going for them. They are still young and can awaken from their self-imposed stupor of ignorance. There are over 80 million millenials between the ages of 8 and 30 years old who need to start questioning the paradigm they are inheriting and critically examining the mendacious actions of their elders."

A good place to start to understand the world: http://www.pseudoreality.org/

A customer tipped me off to this video 5 years ago.
The Empire of the Cities - Inner London, Washington DC & the Vatican

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=X-iedPkmRRY

I think a correction is coming too. The stock market is a bit overvalued now, and with the rising interest rate sucked up near future home buyers, it will halt and retreat a bit before long. But the bull momentum isn't going to stop on a dime, and the current bull mentality will artificially jack up holiday spending and shows up in profit reports during the first quarter. So I'm guessing the correction will likely be in the second quarter, maybe another 6 months.

You bet a correction is coming. It's actually not so much a correction as it is round 2 of the worlds greatest robbery that happened in 2008. 2008 was not a conspiracy. It would have never worked if it were. It was however planned, and every person responsible walked away. It was beautiful really. I admire what they did. I don't admire it from the standpoint that they got away with the greatest robbery of all time, but because they can sleep at night.

So what happens after you ride a fun rollercoaster? The answer is 'Let's do it again'. Well my fellow Americans, we're all the same and those individuals are back in line and they want to ride again. I guarantee it. That's human nature. If anyone tells you they 'did it only once', you have just found a liar.

A crash is in fact NOT coming. The broad market has been effectively flat for ~13 years. The same phenomenon occurred from 1970 to 1982 (~). The market has been correcting for the past--you guessed it...13 years. It is not going anywhere except up.

A crash is in fact NOT coming. The broad market has been effectively flat for ~13 years. The same phenomenon occurred from 1970 to 1982 (~). The market has been correcting for the past--you guessed it...13 years. It is not going anywhere except up.
You're most likely correct. The stock market is not where round 2 will happen. I wish I knew where, but not there.

Something for everybody in this one and you don't have to be interested in gold.

One way or another most subjects discussed on this forum are derivatives of our financial mess. Odious student loan debt, worsening work environments, oppressive govt initiatives (ACA, surveillance state), city bankruptcies, pension defaults, imploding healthcare sector, etc. Eight months ago when I first started posting I was called nuts. Look what has happened since and what is on the horizon. I don't seem so crazy now, do I?

The problem is most tend to look at problems in isolation rather than stepping back and tying the threads together in a holistic picture.

http://twoshortplanksunplugged.blogspot.com/2013/10/us-gold-treason.html

First of all, I am not a doom and gloom guy. I'm a realistic person. Five years ago, I came to this forum and advised students to consider alternative careers since I forecasted a major saturation in pharmacy jobs in future (which is now). I even told people when it would peaked

I beat you. I forecast this 10 years ago. To myself. Too bad I didn't act on that information

...None listened and called me a TROLL. :)
That is because they are all *****s

o

Last edited:

Last edited:
[[

Last edited:
The drumbeat for nominal negative interest rate is getting louder. In the form of a negative rate for deposits in Europe and a negative rate for excess reserves at the Fed. Think of 2.3T being kicked out of the nest and fractionalized as the big banks borrow from each other to turn it into 23T. And what would they do with this money? Loan it out to us? Or the stock market? That's why I would be so anxious to load up on inverse etfs expecting a massive drop in equities. Yeah, we may see a nasty two or three day drop of 3-5000 points, but you know the Fed is going to step in and do something. That will be the really scary moment. How will the market react then, realizing the lengths the Fed will go to keep natural forces at bay.

[[

Last edited:
You know what else China owns a lot of? USD. USD has been more stable than gold for a very long time (and especially in recent decades) and it will probably continue to be so. More of the world still wants to keep reserves in USD vs. gold and with good reason.

+1

And we can keep printing it as long as OPEC uses US $ for trade currency as oil importing countries will need $.

Brilliance of Richard Nixon... and the biggest threat for us is Petro - Yuan, Euro, etc etc.

The axis of Evil state of the Union speech by Bush in 2002 refers to North Korea, Iran, & Iraq. 3 countries who tried to convert to Petro-Euro.

Right or wrong, we can keep printing the US $. And the rest of the world can't get enough of it.

So if SHTF, you need land for shelter and food, and arsenal for protection.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/11/21/china-crudeoil-idUSL4N0J62M120131121

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...n-china-s-favor-to-boost-record-reserves.html

http://www.pbc.gov.cn/publish/english/955/2013/20131107102844337520397/20131107102844337520397_.html

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-11-17/three-post-mortems-chinas-third-plenum

http://www.leap2020.eu/GEAB-N-79-is...rabia-the-implosion-of-the-EU-and_a15012.html

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303281504579221993719005178

http://rt.com/news/china-japan-usa-islands-244/

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/26/w...nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20131126&_r=1&

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...abia-warns-it-will-strike-out-on-its-own.html

+1

And we can keep printing it as long as OPEC uses US $ for trade currency as oil importing countries will need $.

Brilliance of Richard Nixon... and the biggest threat for us is Petro - Yuan, Euro, etc etc.

The axis of Evil state of the Union speech by Bush in 2002 refers to North Korea, Iran, & Iraq. 3 countries who tried to convert to Petro-Euro.

Right or wrong, we can keep printing the US $. And the rest of the world can't get enough of it.

So if SHTF, you need land for shelter and food, and arsenal for protection.

Things are changing fast.

Last edited: