The Under 3.0 Club part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the name ^^^
n27220200_31193305_6393.jpg

Best piece of advice, get that DAT up there, shoot for 23+

Members don't see this ad.

Alright... So at least now I have a plan if I dont get in this year...

Re-Take the DAT, scoring in the mid 20's, and apply early in the summer of next year.

Also, I should probably enroll in classes during the fall of 2007. If so, then what kind of classes? Undergrad (maybe try to raise my GPA), or should I try to get into some kind of a graduate program?

Members don't see this ad :)
wow... 23's look pretty tough though.. Is it really that hard to get 23's on the DAT, or can I do it if I put in a little bit of effort?

Where can I get a lot of practice tests with answers?

My GPA is under 3.0 i wanna join
I will be getting my biology BS soon.
I really want to do a post-bachelor, but i think its too late to apply since its november :(.

You are not too lake, Deadline for most fall 2007 post baccs are January-March. Good luck

Im just curious is post-bachelor a master degree

I think I'm starting to lose it.

I'm so frustrated by why I am not doing well in school. I don't understand why I can't force myself to just sit down and study and get the work done.

My GPA is a 2.3 right now and this is my 4th year at school. I haven't taken physics or biochem yet, and I thought I had the movitation to do o.chem this year, but turns out I was wrong and so I withdrew to avoid getting an F.

I don't know what the problem is. I was at the top of my class in high school. I feel like I know what I need to do to do well in college, but for some reason I just can't get it done. It is almost like I lack the discipline to force myself to get it done. I know what needs to be done, but I just don't do it. I don't get what changed. And strangley I did well my first semester of college, and then things went to hell after that. Nothing physically changed about me. I don't party or drink or anything like that.

Now my grades suck, I wont get to graduate with my class, and I don't know what the heck to do to get myself back on track so I can go to dental school.

One problem is that I have lived at home w/ my mom who is a single parent and my younger sister who is 9, while working and going to school. Could it be that there is just too many distractions in my life that are not allowing me to really focus on school?

Would leaving home to live on campus in a dorm really solve anything? I already paid for a dorm for next semeter, but I really want to make sure it will actually be beneficial before I make such a huge comminment and change.

Also I don't know if I should stay at this school and just focus on graduating or if I should transfer next year and get kind of a fresh start or if I should graduate and try to do a post bac. The only problem is I don't know if I could transfer since I am only 2 classes away from getting my bio degree and I don't know if they would let me transfer all that since some school require you complete a certain percentage of your degree at their school. I almost have my bio degree but i still need like 30-35 more credits to actually graduate and I have all but two of my general graduation requirements done.

This is just eating away at me. I don't want to play this game anymore. I want to do well in school and get into dental school so bad. I went and talked with the prehealth advisor and she told me she had no idea what to tell me.

What do you guys think? Any other suggestions? Giving up is not an option. I didn't work so hard to get into college just to give up. I've got to get this straighten out or I'm going to go crazy.

I'm so frustrated by why I am not doing well in school. I don't understand why I can't force myself to just sit down and study and get the work done.

My GPA is a 2.3 right now and this is my 4th year at school. I haven't taken physics or biochem yet, and I thought I had the movitation to do o.chem this year, but turns out I was wrong and so I withdrew to avoid getting an F.

I don't know what the problem is. I was at the top of my class in high school. I feel like I know what I need to do to do well in college, but for some reason I just can't get it done. It is almost like I lack the discipline to force myself to get it done. I know what needs to be done, but I just don't do it. I don't get what changed. And strangley I did well my first semester of college, and then things went to hell after that. Nothing physically changed about me. I don't party or drink or anything like that.

Now my grades suck, I wont get to graduate with my class, and I don't know what the heck to do to get myself back on track so I can go to dental school.

One problem is that I have lived at home w/ my mom who is a single parent and my younger sister who is 9, while working and going to school. Could it be that there is just too many distractions in my life that are not allowing me to really focus on school?

Would leaving home to live on campus in a dorm really solve anything? I already paid for a dorm for next semeter, but I really want to make sure it will actually be beneficial before I make such a huge comminment and change.

Also I don't know if I should stay at this school and just focus on graduating or if I should transfer next year and get kind of a fresh start or if I should graduate and try to do a post bac. The only problem is I don't know if I could transfer since I am only 2 classes away from getting my bio degree and I don't know if they would let me transfer all that since some school require you complete a certain percentage of your degree at their school. I almost have my bio degree but i still need like 30-35 more credits to actually graduate and I have all but two of my general graduation requirements done.

This is just eating away at me. I don't want to play this game anymore. I want to do well in school and get into dental school so bad. I went and talked with the prehealth advisor and she told me she had no idea what to tell me.

What do you guys think? Any other suggestions? Giving up is not an option. I didn't work so hard to get into college just to give up. I've got to get this straighten out or I'm going to go crazy.

I think that you are in a similar situation that most of the people that were the top in my class were in. They havent had any life experiences yet, girls/boys drinking cussing and whatever highschool students do these days to get experience. I have this friend that was in the same situation that you are. He graduated and then went to college in nebraska, failed out, then when to texas tech, failed out and is now here. He failed out again. Then he went to europe alone for 6 months and learned about himself and what he really wanted out of life. He came back, reprioritized, and is well on his way to building a great application. Adcoms know that you are human and that humans go through periods of fear and indecision. They want to see that you overcame that stuff and matured. If you are serious about going to dental school then be serious. Study hard for the DAT and take grad classes. Hang in there you are not alone.

Thanks for the advice.

Yeah, I think you described me to a T. I think I spent so much time in high school just focusing on getting awesome grades so I could get scholarships to go to college and get into college that I forgot to live and enjoy my life.

I totally don't feel like I have had a chance to really find out who I am. I still feel like I'm living the life as directed by others around me. I really think moving away from home to campus is the first step in the right direction, but I also want to make sure it is not just going to make things worse. I totally feel like I'm sort of stuck in a rut and need to get out and see the world and figure out what I really want in life. Dentistry is something I have come to love outside of the influence of others and is something uniquely my own though, so I know that is what I want. But yeah, I know there is a lot of other things I need to learn about myself, people, and the world. I kind of feel like I need to escape and do my own thing. Maybe it is time to do that.

Hey guys, new to the forum :D
You have no idea how relieved I am since discovering the existence of this thread. It really takes a lot of stress and pressure out knowing that having under a 3.0 GPA isn't the end of the world :)

After reading through ~80% of the posts (seriously),I feel that a thread like this should be stickied or something so that people will know about it's existence (I found this through pure luck :rolleyes: )

Members don't see this ad :)
fellow "3.0 and under" members,

I just want to tell you I just got Two acceptances to dental schools today.
So don't lose hope! keep trucking! and remember if we can overcome our mistakes and show that we are fighters we will succeed!

I know where you are coming from.
I had similar experience. In my case, I transfered but that was because I had only finish one year of college so the transfer wasn't too hard.
THis might sound harsh but dude.. but it seem like your problem is that you're lazy. It can't be that you're unfocused because you know you want to go into dentistry. You keep on saying you know what to do, but you won't do it. I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but sometimes you need to hear it to really believe something you've known yourself.

Now.... IF I were you this is what I would do.

I would fight it out this semester. Take a semester off and just get away -Go travel.... learn something ( try sky-diving.. or swimming if you don't know how) that you thought you can't learn, trust me the confidence you get when you learn something you thought was hard is really inspiring and can really help you gain an "I can do anything attitude".

Then come back next year and really fight it out. If you can dorm I think it'll be really beneficial for you.:)

SO the first year you come back you should find GPA booster classes and take as many as I can to help boost your confidence In addition to fullfilling your science requirements. It's so important to feel that getting an "A" is possible.

The second year will be used as both the redeeming year and the beginning year.

By redeeming I mean
1) take more science classes to raise your Science GPA. You should also repeat any basic science course that you did really bad in.
2) Take more GPA boosters classes- choose classes that also shows you're diverse in terms of academic interests if possible.. like.. pottery or music.. (piano...ect..)
3) seeks letters of recommendation
Your GPA should be decent at the end of the second year.

In May. of the second year. Start applying to Dental schools.
Map out a study plan for the DAT. Shoot for 20+
try to have your DAT done by the end of AUgust.. at the latest. But if you think an extra week will give you more confidence in obtaining a higher score then go for it.

Before you know it... interview invites will start flowing in...

Use the third year to work, save up money while going through the application/interview process and try to enjoy your youth. Go travel! Hopefully, you'll get accepted by Dec 1st so you can go ahead and enjoy your break before dental school starts..

Goodluck!:)

Really, I think you can come back from all this. Like Mi:thumbup: ke says "Just Do it!"

"What the deuce"

Two acceptances!!! I just want ONE!!! I am doing a post bacc now guys, and working full-time, and shadowing a dentist, and MARRIED... trust me if I can do it, you guys can too. Dont lose the faith!!!

fellow "3.0 and under" members,

I just want to tell you I just got Two acceptances to dental schools today.
So don't lose hope! keep trucking! and remember if we can overcome our mistakes and show that we are fighters we will succeed!

BM, I told you that you'd get it. You were all worried and worked up over nothing. On 28 Oct 06 (pg 28) of the forum, you were so stressed and we were motivating each other... remember that????!!! Look at you now!!! Congrats!!! Well deserved. Let's just hope that I get in now!!

I know where you are coming from.
I had similar experience. In my case, I transfered but that was because I had only finish one year of college so the transfer wasn't too hard.
THis might sound harsh but dude.. but it seem like your problem is that you're lazy. It can't be that you're unfocused because you know you want to go into dentistry. You keep on saying you know what to do, but you won't do it. I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but sometimes you need to hear it to really believe something you've known yourself.

Now.... IF I were you this is what I would do.

I would fight it out this semester. Take a semester off and just get away -Go travel.... learn something ( try sky-diving.. or swimming if you don't know how) that you thought you can't learn, trust me the confidence you get when you learn something you thought was hard is really inspiring and can really help you gain an "I can do anything attitude".

Then come back next year and really fight it out. If you can dorm I think it'll be really beneficial for you.:)

SO the first year you come back you should find GPA booster classes and take as many as I can to help boost your confidence In addition to fullfilling your science requirements. It's so important to feel that getting an "A" is possible.

The second year will be used as both the redeeming year and the beginning year.

By redeeming I mean
1) take more science classes to raise your Science GPA. You should also repeat any basic science course that you did really bad in.
2) Take more GPA boosters classes- choose classes that also shows you're diverse in terms of academic interests if possible.. like.. pottery or music.. (piano...ect..)
3) seeks letters of recommendation
Your GPA should be decent at the end of the second year.

In May. of the second year. Start applying to Dental schools.
Map out a study plan for the DAT. Shoot for 20+
try to have your DAT done by the end of AUgust.. at the latest. But if you think an extra week will give you more confidence in obtaining a higher score then go for it.

Before you know it... interview invites will start flowing in...

Use the third year to work, save up money while going through the application/interview process and try to enjoy your youth. Go travel! Hopefully, you'll get accepted by Dec 1st so you can go ahead and enjoy your break before dental school starts..

Goodluck!:)

Really, I think you can come back from all this. Like Mi:thumbup: ke says "Just Do it!"

Thanks for the advice.

I had a pretty long talk with my advising professor today. He is a good guy. He always has such great advice. Basically I just need to quit dwelling on the past and quit using my past as an excuse as to why I can't get things done. I need to find out who I am outside of what those who have structured my life for me have taught me to think about myself. I need to make my own rules and expectations for myself and adhere to them. I need to learn to enjoy my life and the people around me. I need to change my attitude to focus on getting things done and getting them done not only to others standards, but my own standards. Most importantly I just need to get stuff done and start holding myself accountable and responsible for my own actions.

So yeah, in a way I've just been sort of immature and lazy. But I'm tired of it. It sucks. So it's time to make some major changes in my life. First, I'm moving on campus. I got to pick out my dorm today. I am moving into the honors dorm (they are making an exception to the 3.0 gpa rule for me as long as I show improvement), so I can focus on getting stuff done and surround myself with other people who are also focused on getting stuff done. Being on campus will also give me no excuse for not going to ask my professors for help or ask other classmates for help. Second, comes working on getting rid of bad habits and retraining myself to only look forward and approach learning as a great opportunity and taking advantage of that in every way possible, rather than seeing it as an obligation or just checking it off someone else' list of what they want me to accomplish. This also sort of includes finding out who I really am, what I really want in life, and learning how to enjoy every little bit of everything I do in life, so I can set my own motivating expectations of myself.

It is a long road ahead, no doubt, but in reality, what else better do I have to do? The reality is it doesn't matter if it takes me 2 years to get where I want or 6 years to get where I want. It all leads to the same place so what's the rush? I'm tired of pressuring myself. I just want to get things done right and enjoy them, even if it takes me longer, because in the long run, those things I enjoyed and was able to be passionate about, and really learn something about will be more meaningful to me than had I just simply approached them as another thing to check off the list.

I know I'll get there eventually. At least I've gotten to the point maturity wise in which I realize there is a serious problem and that there needs to be some serious change. Some people never make it here. And I've known about these problems for a while, but hopefully I am showing a bit more maturity by actually starting to take some control of my life and actually put some of these necessary changes into action. Baby steps, but I will get there shortly.

And I really like dentistry. But I still need to do some exploring of myself and make sure this is truly something I am passionate about. At this point, as my professor stated, perhaps it is just an infatuation that I have sort of become obsessed over. And that is totally cool. If it turns out that dentistry really isn't my thing, then that is great. I'd rather find that out, because I'm not going to be happy in life if I do things just based on infatuations. If I do dentistry, I want to do it because I am truly passionate about it. It would be a disservice to our patients if we were not 100% passionate. I really hope at this point dentistry does turn out to be my thing. But for the sake of becoming a happy person who enjoys and is passionate about life, I really need to chill out and realize that as long as I am happy and passionate about what I do, that is all that matters and what ever that truly is, is what's right for me.

I also have come to realize, and this is my favorite piece of advice from this professor, that sometimes in life it is not as important what you do, but who you do it with. This is so true and it hits you like a ton of bricks when you realize this. And I've neglected myself big time in this area as far as being social, getting to know people, and really getting to enjoy knowing people. I decided this had to change at the begining of this school year, and it has payed off big time, as I have got to know some great people that just knowing them and being friends with them has made this year so far enjoyable, but I still need to keep working on it.

Green,

you sound reformed and recharged... it's always good to see things like that! I really glad that you spoke with someone that pointed you in the right direction. Who your advisor is, he/she gave you some serious knowledge to kick back and feast on. Remember, you are what you eat... Hence, you surround yourself with wrong type of people or keep yourself in the wrong environment, everything you produce will be erroneous. Just keep your head up and do whatever it is that you have to do to stay motivated. This journey into professional school is a rollercoaster and it's all about how hungry you are or how bad you want it. I use to have an old quote... The difference between an ordinary man and an extraordinary is that the extraordinary does the extra-mile. And that's what you have to remember in this game (because it's nothing but a competition). Like I told Blue_Moon b/c her acceptance... stay focused and keep your eye on the prize and you'll get in!!

Be Well.

Well I guess this is an appropriate time to post in this thread. Hi, my name is chris and im an 3.0 pre-dent. I plan on applying but have doubts as to whether it will be worth it. My GPA will be higher after the end of this year, but I doubt it will be enough. Everytime I start crunching the numbers, it usually doesnt look good, but I keep on plugging on the off chance that a school will recognize improvement over overall GPA. I have also read through a good amount of this thread, and it is definatly an inspiration to keep going amongst the "I have a 3.9 24/26/23, what are my chances?" threads. Good luck to everyone in here in similar situations, may we all prove we aren't as dumb as we look on paper.

BM, I told you that you'd get it. You were all worried and worked up over nothing. On 28 Oct 06 (pg 28) of the forum, you were so stressed and we were motivating each other... remember that????!!! Look at you now!!! Congrats!!! Well deserved. Let's just hope that I get in now!!

Thanks so much!
I do remember! :)

Where are you hoping to hear from the most?
But anyway.. don't worry! You will get in too!

Thanks so much!
I do remember! :)

Where are you hoping to hear from the most?
But anyway.. don't worry! You will get in too!

I'm hoping to hear from Boston, Maryland, Howard, UPenn, or Temple.

Well I guess this is an appropriate time to post in this thread. Hi, my name is chris and im an 3.0 pre-dent. I plan on applying but have doubts as to whether it will be worth it. My GPA will be higher after the end of this year, but I doubt it will be enough. Everytime I start crunching the numbers, it usually doesnt look good, but I keep on plugging on the off chance that a school will recognize improvement over overall GPA. I have also read through a good amount of this thread, and it is definatly an inspiration to keep going amongst the "I have a 3.9 24/26/23, what are my chances?" threads. Good luck to everyone in here in similar situations, may we all prove we aren't as dumb as we look on paper.

Your main indicator is going to be the DAT!!! I can't stress that enough. Good LORs will and ECs will definitely help as well. Back to the DAT, try to shoot to 19/20+.

Your main indicator is going to be the DAT!!! I can't stress that enough. Good LORs will and ECs will definitely help as well. Back to the DAT, try to shoot to 19/20+.

Im starting to study big time this break all the way until april or may when I take th DAT. I was going to start studying but I found it better that i concentrate on my classes. I think I can get some good LORs because I was pretty personable with many of my professors, and my EC's arent too bad. But like you said it all rests on the DAT. I wont be too nervous on that day:scared:. Thanks for the encouragement.

Fellow 3.0ers, today at 10am through AADSAS, I found out that I got accepted to BU, keep your heads up high!

Do you mind sharing your overall and science GPA? Also, did you do any kind of post bac or masters program?

Ovr:3.05
BCP:3.0
Took DAT in late July only once!:thumbup:
DAT:AA=20, TS=22, PAT=17
Submitted everything 1st week of August.:thumbup:

No post bac, or masters, just your typical undergrad years(3.5yrs). I graduate next semester.
I had alot of ECs, community service, Shadowing, work experience(explains low GPA), and sweet LORs( I was told). My school cranks out alot of Pre-Dents (competent).
FIU!

Wow this is such an awesome thread. I might as well contribute since this is one of the few forums where everyone watches over everyone else :)
So...onwards with the introduction :oops:

I am currently a Junior taking biology as a current major (my school doesn't have an official predental program :( ). I made a bad decision freshman year by trying to do a major I wasn't really interested in (Civil engineering). As a result, my grades freshman year suffered a lot since I had to take the harder level math and physics courses (math is not my strong point). As a result, I opted to switch majors to biology at the start of sophomore year and planned on applying to dent school when I graduated. Unfortunately at the time I wasn't aware of the long hard road ahead of me. I discovered that dental schools looked heavily upon your science gpa which at the beginning of sophmore year was a measly 2.54. Also despite my effort to drastically improve my grades, i've only been able to pull that up to a 2.7 (this hopefully should change when I retake one of my stupid calc courses :mad: ) Also my current cumulative gpa is barely a 3.0 and graduation is only a few semesters away...

Although I have some shadowing experience and volunteer work done, I realize that I need to do A LOT more in order to make my app look appealing. Besides doing awesome on my DAT (studying for that's going to be fun :rolleyes: ) I was wondering if I should take a year off after I graduate and work as a dental assistant in order to get more experience before I try and apply to dental schools. My advisers shot that question to pieces saying that if I couldn't get into a dental school, no amount of work will help me but I was skeptical. My friend who's currently in med school recommended it so I was wondering what you guys think. I plan on working as a dental assistant for the next couple summers so that I can get that on my app but I'm wondering (depending on how my DATs go) if I should even bother to appy to dental schools right away when I graduate or if I should just hold off and take a year off working instead? I know that first round elimination of apps are based on your gpa and dats but I was just curious as to what you guys think.

Sorry about the long post first post and thanks ahead of time for any advice you can provide :D

No post bac, or masters, just your typical undergrad years(3.5yrs). I graduate next semester.
I had alot of ECs, community service, Shadowing, work experience(explains low GPA), and sweet LORs( I was told). My school cranks out alot of Pre-Dents (competent).
FIU!

THAT'S AWESOME MAN!!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!

NUCKINGFUTZ:

not sure if working as an assistant with a sub 3 sgpa would be the ideal thing to do. everyone around this website throws the idea of getting into a postbacc somewhere to show dedication, determination, and the capability to be in advanced science classes.
if worst comes to worst, that's what i'll be doing
bcpgpa-2.66
sgpa-2.7
cgpa-3.14

kill your science classes from here on out. try to take as many as possible too to bring up that gpa. this year i'll be taking 32 science credits, doing good on these will not only bring the science gpas up but also the cumulative. good luck!

Wow this is such an awesome thread. I might as well contribute since this is one of the few forums where everyone watches over everyone else :)
So...onwards with the introduction :oops:

I am currently a Junior taking biology as a current major (my school doesn't have an official predental program :( ). I made a bad decision freshman year by trying to do a major I wasn't really interested in (Civil engineering). As a result, my grades freshman year suffered a lot since I had to take the harder level math and physics courses (math is not my strong point). As a result, I opted to switch majors to biology at the start of sophomore year and planned on applying to dent school when I graduated. Unfortunately at the time I wasn't aware of the long hard road ahead of me. I discovered that dental schools looked heavily upon your science gpa which at the beginning of sophmore year was a measly 2.54. Also despite my effort to drastically improve my grades, i've only been able to pull that up to a 2.7 (this hopefully should change when I retake one of my stupid calc courses :mad: ) Also my current cumulative gpa is barely a 3.0 and graduation is only a few semesters away...

Although I have some shadowing experience and volunteer work done, I realize that I need to do A LOT more in order to make my app look appealing. Besides doing awesome on my DAT (studying for that's going to be fun :rolleyes: ) I was wondering if I should take a year off after I graduate and work as a dental assistant in order to get more experience before I try and apply to dental schools. My advisers shot that question to pieces saying that if I couldn't get into a dental school, no amount of work will help me but I was skeptical. My friend who's currently in med school recommended it so I was wondering what you guys think. I plan on working as a dental assistant for the next couple summers so that I can get that on my app but I'm wondering (depending on how my DATs go) if I should even bother to appy to dental schools right away when I graduate or if I should just hold off and take a year off working instead? I know that first round elimination of apps are based on your gpa and dats but I was just curious as to what you guys think.

Sorry about the long post first post and thanks ahead of time for any advice you can provide :D

Try not to take that year off, just shadow as much as you can. You want to be the captain not the sailor. Do everything you can from now until when you apply for dental school to show your interest in dentistry. Do alot of community service, make sure you get A's in your science classes(for LORs) :D , and do your best on the DAT. I say if you score in the 20s then you'll be fine. Get to know someone in the dental school you want to attend, ;)

And last,...APPLY EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

FIU!

Congrats! Best of luck to you in dental school. Your story will inspire :)

Hi Guys

I've read about 1/3 or the post on this thread so far and it have helped me release some of the stress I have since I am deeply in this situation.

I am looking for advice and help on what I should do to at least improve my chances in getting in like all of you. here is my stats

So far:
-Bs in biochem
-Over all GPA of 2.51 :( and a science of around 3.0 (havent calculated yet)
-Have volunteered at a privet dental office and loving it and planning to volunteer at UCSF
-Working as a Jounior Specialist (study with patients) in UC Davis Medical Center, but the studys are on subjects with lung disease not dental related.
-Just finished taking the kaplan course, but due to some personal problems have been off track and planning to retake the kaplan course before I take the DAT :(

I am planning to do an "Informal Post-Bac" program at SF state, but hoping to get in first. If not I prob have to open U it at UCD or SFSU to pull up my GPA.

In this situation, what do you guys think I should do?

Hi Guys

I've read about 1/3 or the post on this thread so far and it have helped me release some of the stress I have since I am deeply in this situation.

I am looking for advice and help on what I should do to at least improve my chances in getting in like all of you. here is my stats

So far:
-Bs in biochem
-Over all GPA of 2.51 :( and a science of around 3.0 (havent calculated yet)
-Have volunteered at a privet dental office and loving it and planning to volunteer at UCSF
-Working as a Jounior Specialist (study with patients) in UC Davis Medical Center, but the studys are on subjects with lung disease not dental related.
-Just finished taking the kaplan course, but due to some personal problems have been off track and planning to retake the kaplan course before I take the DAT :(

I am planning to do an "Informal Post-Bac" program at SF state, but hoping to get in first. If not I prob have to open U it at UCD or SFSU to pull up my GPA.

In this situation, what do you guys think I should do?

The positive side is that you have a BS in Biochem. That’s really awesome and looks good to certain schools. You also have vol time at private dental practices and time in the medical field (sucks that it couldn’t be dental, but it’s still okay). The ONLY negative side is that you gpa is horrible! The good side of that is it’s the only thing that you need to work, which can be alleviated by going into a postbacc enhancement program or masters biomed program. Ace those classes and rock the DAT and you’ll be alright!! Dental schools love to see gpa improvement and that’s just what you need! Improvement! In the meantime, try to work on some killer ECs!!

FIU!

what school is that?

Well, here's to what's possible as a sub-3.0 clubber: I just got an acceptance to Columbia, already had 3 from UNLV, Nova and UoP and I got a $30,000 scholarship from UoP.

Keep your heads up (And your DAT scores!)

these kids are my inspiration, i hope they don't mind me calling attention to them: http://www.predents.com/?page=user&user_id=1374
http://www.predents.com/?page=user&user_id=1571
http://www.predents.com/?page=user&user_id=1397

i'd really like to know how they did it. congrats!

Hey Gordon, i'm one of those people you chose. I haven't heard anything yet, but that's only because 4 out of 5 my interviews are post-Dec.1st interviews. I did interview at my state school pre-Dec. 1st, MCG, but haven't heard back from them yet. Actually, no body has heard from them yet. No rejection letters in my mailbox! So anything is possible if you believe!!!

Wow, you are right about that one!! They're the pioneers of sub 3.0 members.

Thanks...nice to hear that we are inspirations in this club. I'm the one in the middle. Nobody can ever tell me that it can't be done, because I have 5 interviews already. No rejection letters! I even applied kinda late, cause my application didn't get mailed off until October 20th!

sad day for sub 3pointers. got my third rejection today.

Well, here's to what's possible as a sub-3.0 clubber: I just got an acceptance to Columbia, already had 3 from UNLV, Nova and UoP and I got a $30,000 scholarship from UoP.

Congrats on your acceptances into great schools, especially as a sub 3.0'er. But getting DAT scores like yours is a pretty daunting task...just curious how long you studied for in total (like how many months)?

What are your stats?

Status
Not open for further replies.