The switch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tmss011223344

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
During all of my undergrad I was preparing myself for the big MD. However, after I graduated and got a lot of clinical experience I realized I was meant to be a veterinarian. What are the told/untold requirements for veterinary school. Such as research experience is to acceptance into an MD school.

Members don't see this ad.

Use the search function of this forum.

Also use google. Look at vet school websites. Heck, there is even a chart somewhere that lists all pre-reqs needed and which schools require what, if you google and look for it.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,
During all of my undergrad I was preparing myself for the big MD. However, after I graduated and got a lot of clinical experience I realized I was meant to be a veterinarian. What are the told/untold requirements for veterinary school. Such as research experience is to acceptance into an MD school.

You got a lot of human medical experience and realized you were meant to be a veterinarian? Or you got a lot of veterinary experience and realized you were meant to be a veterinarian?

If the former, get some veterinary experience because you'll need it anyway for admissions (you generally need more experience going into a DVM program compared to an MD program). The job is very different from what most people imagine it to be...

In the meantime, a search function is useful. You'll need the GRE. But everything else can vary a bit by what school you're applying to. You can get the Veterinary Medical School Admissions Requirements (VMSAR) book that has current requirements and whatever admissions stats are available for all accredited schools. Or you can pick schools you're interested in and go to their admissions webpage.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app