The SDN Pharmacy Stock Market Challenge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think people are just investing in the brands they know (ie goog, aapl, etc...). People pick stocks on p/e ratio, I'm looking at stocks that are releasing earnings reports within the coming week since this competition lasts 45 days.

Members don't see this ad.

Jeez, am I the only one not putting all of my eggs into one sole stock? It seems like everyone is either putting their money into google, apple, berkshire hathaway (lulz), or freakin penny stocks.

Not eggs, plural. 1 egg, 1 basket!

If you buy only 1 share of BRK-A (~$100,000) you could meet Warren Buffet. :cool:

I don't like this program much, it takes forever to trade. I was doing really well on Monday, but it wasn't letting me get rid of stocks, and I managed to lose money! So I said screw that, I'll get 1 share of Berkshire Hathaway and rise and fall with the tide. :D Less work...

Not eggs, plural. 1 egg, 1 basket!

If you buy only 1 share of BRK-A (~$100,000) you could meet Warren Buffet. :cool:

I don't like this program much, it takes forever to trade. I was doing really well on Monday, but it wasn't letting me get rid of stocks, and I managed to lose money! So I said screw that, I'll get 1 share of Berkshire Hathaway and rise and fall with the tide. :D Less work...

Mmmm brk-a....voting rights and annual meeting!

It does take forever to trade, so now the whole egg/3 eggs in 1 basket makes sense now. No wonder why some people quit already. I can't day trade while in class anyways, since my blackberry doesnt get reception. Probably a good thing since I get really into it between classes...instead of doing hw or studying.

Members don't see this ad :)
Man I wish I had real money to invest :(

Actually,

if you like daytrading. Do it in the FOREX market instead of stocks. You can make (or lose) insane amounts of money with very little to start with since you can margin at 100:1. You can trade microlots too with a small account. There is more money traded via forex each day than all the worlds stock markets combined.

We need to do this again after this one expires. It has drastically helped me get through this quarter.

I'd be eternally grateful if confettiflyer organized another one. :love:

please please please :hardy:

ETA: go TTWO with GTA IV!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got ahold of an ipod touch in classes and this was totally detrimental to my grades. why pay attention in immunology when i'm trying to speculate on earnings?! then i start thinking about opportunity cost and what i could do if i had all the money i spent/am spending on college to trade...

ps firefly nice try but you can't daytrade with vse very well. when i had the time to do it, it only works if you intimately know a stock and can pretend to predict it's peak/trough. like had i known in advance airline earnings were coming out i would have liquidated my portfolio and just shorted amr uaua and etc.

i got ahold of an ipod touch in classes and this was totally detrimental to my grades. why pay attention in immunology when i'm trying to speculate on earnings?! then i start thinking about opportunity cost and what i could do if i had all the money i spent/am spending on college to trade...

ps firefly nice try but you can't daytrade with vse very well. when i had the time to do it, it only works if you intimately know a stock and can pretend to predict it's peak/trough. like had i known in advance airline earnings were coming out i would have liquidated my portfolio and just shorted amr uaua and etc.

haha yeah it's not much of a daytrading site, unfortunately. :( That would have been fun.

It's been a good series though.

Congrats on winning!

what is ur secret psychoandy. . .30 percent return in a month. . amazing.