The RVC vs CSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bahbahbrownsheep

Reaction score
I was accepted to London and just got off of the waitlist at CSU

I'm looking at about 200,000 at the RVC and 240,000 at CSU

I've never left the country and am certain I would struggle greatly with culture shock and a different schooling system. I dont live near a major airport and just flying there cost about 5-10 times as much as flying to DIA. I live within 11-ish hours of Fort Collins by ground.
I also attended CSU for grad school and know I love the town and school.

Members don't see this ad.

Yep but now that I actually have to choose I'm second guessing myself. :nailbiting:

Have you done a cost-of-living comparison yet? Fort Collins ain’t cheap, but compared to London? London is up there with New York and San Francisco. Which makes FoCo look like a bargain by comparison!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t think you could get through RVC with less than 240,000 if that makes you feel any better. Tuition increases every year and cost of living is high. Plus the exchange rate is unpredictable.

Also, the cost of living in Colorado has *finally* started to stabilize, and even depreciate in some areas. I honestly can't see RVC being 40k cheaper than CSU with the cost of living and travel comparison. I would normally say go to the cheapest school. But I feel like CSU may actually end up being cheaper in the long run and that those numbers may not compensate for changes in currency and such.