The real goal of "Obamacare"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Moving to topics in health care.

Members don't see this ad.

lvglb.jpg

I just went there. My eyes burn. Im going to pour bleach in them to take away the pain.:boom::boom::boom::boom::boom:

Members don't see this ad :)
Obamacare being the path to Universal Healthcare is not a conspiracy. It is the inevitable outcome when you have the government offering a product for cheaper than what the free market can. More people will choose to use the government option because it's cheaper. Private companies will increase their rates and more people will again choose the government option. This cycle will continue until there only is the government option.

I don't think you know how PPACA works.

Is there a itemized list of expenditures since Obama took office highlighting who spent how much on what? I really feel a disconnected between two groups using opposite talking points without any hard data.

The wikipedia article does a decent job. You can go backwards and forwardsbetween fiscal years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_United_States_federal_budget

The primary reason for the large deficit in 2009-2010 is because the massiveloss of tax revenue because of the recession and the increase in spending onthe stimulus. The politics are all over the map but generally there are 3 linesof thought. 1) The stimulus is just delaying the inevitable, therefore it nevershould have happened. 2) The stimulus could have worked better, but I was spenton the wrong things (1/3 was a tax decrease, 2/3 was spent on infrastructureprojects, unemployment, and money for the states). 3) It worked but majorresults will take time given the problems in Europe.