The Queen of Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDPT2020

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've been waitlisted by every school that has responded to me to this date so I am up to 6... Is there any possibility of me getting off any waitlist or are my chances slim? Also is anyone else in the same boat as me or am I just that weird statistic

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got my third wait list so far and have two interviews coming up in the next two weekends. I'm not sure how optimistic to be about all this

Reactions: 1 users
THIS IS ME AS WELL. I've been waitlisted at 4 schools: UTMB, Tech, UTEP, Chapman. So I'm in your boat too. Just gonna be hopeful for the best and have to see what happens! I'm hoping at least one will love me and accept me into their program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes just keep faith and fingers crossed that some school will like us enough to take us off the waitlist

Same here...waitlisted at CSULB, CSUN, Samuel Merritt, and Chapman with 3 interviews coming up.

I'm waitlisted at temple, Thomas Jefferson, sacred heart, Scranton, MGH, and Chapman

Don't fret! Waitlists fluctuate ALL the time. Especially the closer it gets to the start date of the school. I'm a current 1st year DPT student and was accepted off of numerous waitlists in the late spring (March-May).

I 100% understand how frustrating it is, but it's definitely not uncommon. Don't give up hope!

Reactions: 8 users
I'm in the same situation as well. Just try to stay positive and think about all of the applicants that didn't get an interview or were rejected. At least we are receiving interview opportunities! Everything happens for a reason :)

Reactions: 3 users
@jonjesse Hey, what # are you on CSUN's waitlist? I hear last year they went up to like 125 on it!

Being on 6 waitlists is pretty good. I'm only on one..

Last edited:
So I've been waitlisted by every school that has responded to me to this date so I am up to 6... Is there any possibility of me getting off any waitlist or are my chances slim? Also is anyone else in the same boat as me or am I just that weird statistic
I'm also on 6 waitlists also

@FutureDPT2020 I am right there with you. I've heard from five schools, have had four interviews and one coming up next week, I'm on four waitlists.....It's not easy to stay positive but I am thankful for every interview I receive. The post by @HopefulDPT123 encourages me!

Members don't see this ad :)
@DPTapplicant805 good luck on your interview!!! Yeah I've been invited to 5 interviews and the ones I think I did bad on I got waitlisted, and the ones I thought I kicked ass on I got waitlisted haha. But Yes just try to stay positive and whatever is meant to be will happen! By the time they go through waitlisted a majority of people already have put down deposits so hopefully we are all top on those lists

Same situation. I feel as if I'm queen of the waitlist too :| Patience. It's hard.

@DPTapplicant805 good luck on your interview!!! Yeah I've been invited to 5 interviews and the ones I think I did bad on I got waitlisted, and the ones I thought I kicked ass on I got waitlisted haha. But Yes just try to stay positive and whatever is meant to be will happen! By the time they go through waitlisted a majority of people already have put down deposits so hopefully we are all top on those lists
Thank you! It's good to have others who can understand what we are going through.

I am #25. What about you?

I feel you, I'm #16 at CSUN's list. If I get into San Diego State University you can bump up a spot on the waitlist at CSUN! I hear that we both have good chances of getting in though, there's 150 on the list...

Add yet another waitlist to my DPT list. I sure am learning a lot of patience..........

Don't fret! Waitlists fluctuate ALL the time. Especially the closer it gets to the start date of the school. I'm a current 1st year DPT student and was accepted off of numerous waitlists in the late spring (March-May).

I 100% understand how frustrating it is, but it's definitely not uncommon. Don't give up hope!
@HopefulDPT123 would you mind sharing which schools you were accepted to from their waitlist?

I want to tell everyone to keep the faith. Today I got accepted off one wait list I was on and also got accepted into a school that I interviewed at on Friday. I am incredibly blessed. I know it's not easy but don't give up hope. Wishing everyone the very best!

Reactions: 3 users
I want to tell everyone to keep the faith. Today I got accepted off one wait list I was on and also got accepted into a school that I interviewed at on Friday. I am incredibly blessed. I know it's not easy but don't give up hope. Wishing everyone the very best!
Do you mind sharing which you were accepted to? I interviewed at a school Friday too but was told it could take up to two weeks, but that's exciting to hear you heard back from yours so soon!

I saw earlier you had applied to UConn... just curious if you'd heard back yet (or if anyone else reading this has)? And if so, when? Starting to get a little nervous and wondering if I should call :-/

Do you mind sharing which you were accepted to? I interviewed at a school Friday too but was told it could take up to two weeks, but that's exciting to hear you heard back from yours so soon!
I was accepted to Methodist off the waitlist and to Wheeling Jesuit where I interviewed on Friday. They said we would hear by Wednesday so I was very surprised to hear today. Where did you interview at on Friday?

Last edited:
I saw earlier you had applied to UConn... just curious if you'd heard back yet (or if anyone else reading this has)? And if so, when? Starting to get a little nervous and wondering if I should call :-/
I have not heard back from UConn yet. I called them a couple weeks ago to update my application with a grade I recently completed. When did you submit your application @PThopeful313?

I was accepted to Methodist off the waitlist and to Wheeling Jesuit where I interviewed on Friday. They said we would hear by Wednesday so I was very surprised to hear today. Where did you interview at o Friday?

Congrats!!!! Thats awesome!!!

I have not heard back from UConn yet. I called them a couple weeks ago to update my application with a grade I recently completed. When did you submit your application @PThopeful313?

I submitted in November, but one of my recommenders only finished the online recommendation earlier this month. I have friends who heard back earlier in previous years and thought I would hear last week, but it appears I'm just being impatient (UConn's my top choice). Thanks for the update!

I submitted in November, but one of my recommenders only finished the online recommendation earlier this month. I have friends who heard back earlier in previous years and thought I would hear last week, but it appears I'm just being impatient (UConn's my top choice). Thanks for the update!
Good luck! Are you in state?

Yes. I'm also a non-traditional applicant (age 27), so I'd really prefer to stay local since I have a life and community here. Good luck to you, too! You're in-state as well?
Yes I am in state. Have you heard anything from UConn yet?

I have a question about waitlist time, what’s the longest period of time anyone or someone you know has been moved from waitlist to accepted? Does anyone know somebody who was accepted very late or sometime in the summer? I've heard some schools have said they can tell you as late as a few weeks before classes start..I’m just trying to stay optimistic and keep some hope!

I'm waitlisted at Thomas Jefferson and Lynchburg college. The waiting is killing me!!

I have a question about waitlist time, what’s the longest period of time anyone or someone you know has been moved from waitlist to accepted? Does anyone know somebody who was accepted very late or sometime in the summer? I've heard some schools have said they can tell you as late as a few weeks before classes start..I’m just trying to stay optimistic and keep some hope!
There was someone in our class who was accepted 4 days before the first day of school. It's no fun waiting, but just do your best to be patient!