***The Official Western Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though I can't speak for how many invites were given out and if it is consistent with each interview day, I can say that when I paneled on Saturday there was about 100 people give or take.
This is for dental only?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

This is for dental only?

This was for dental only, and there were definitely around 100 people (maybe a little less?). You initially get split up into two groups of ~50 people, and one group goes to the second floor while the other group stays on the first floor. The 50 people are then split up into 6 groups, and the schedule that mayhugs posted applied. There were a LOT of interviewers.

This was for dental only, and there were definitely around 100 people (maybe a little less?). You initially get split up into two groups of ~50 people, and one group goes to the second floor while the other group stays on the first floor. The 50 people are then split up into 6 groups, and the schedule that mayhugs posted applied. There were a LOT of interviewers.

This is correct. We do have a lot of faculty here.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
were the interviewers dental school faculty and dental students?

Members don't see this ad :)
What are the stats for all you guys that already went to your interview? Must be 3.8+ with 21+ AA? Im a bit nervous that I haven't received a pre-december invite from them :/

Can a 3.24( w +/-) and 3.29( without +/-) gpa in a masters get you into Western? I already had one interview so far and it was from Meharry. 18 AA/19 TS/19 PAT

Can a 3.24( w +/-) and 3.29( without +/-) gpa in a masters get you into Western? I already had one interview so far and it was from Meharry. 18 AA/19 TS/19 PAT
What was your undergraduate GPA? I think they will look at both GPAs and decide from there.

What was your undergraduate GPA? I think they will look at both GPAs and decide from there.
my undergrad gpa was below a 3.0 and I graduated as an undergrad way back in 2010 when I received my BS in Biology Sciences from HU in 2010.

my undergrad gpa was below a 3.0 and I graduated as an undergrad way back in 2010 when I received my BS in Biology Sciences from HU in 2010.
I'm sure it's possible to get an interview! Did you explain your undergrad situation on why you did so poorly on the supplemental? I graduated in 2012, so you're not too much older than me :p

I'm in a post-bacc program right now and I know people that have gotten interviews with low GPAs. That being said, the post-bacc GPA adds onto the undergrad GPA, so it raised that specific GPA (so it wouldn't a separate GPA like for a Master's). Good luck with everything!!!

I'm sure it's possible to get an interview! Did you explain your undergrad situation on why you did so poorly on the supplemental? I graduated in 2012, so you're not too much older than me :p

I'm in a post-bacc program right now and I know people that have gotten interviews with low GPAs. That being said, the post-bacc GPA adds onto the undergrad GPA, so it raised that specific GPA (so it wouldn't a separate GPA like for a Master's). Good luck with everything!!!
What is your post-bacc gpa similar like mines?

Does anyone know when the earliest interview date available is for the school? And also if there is any word on when the next batch of interview invitations will be sent out?

Does anyone know when the earliest interview date available is for the school? And also if there is any word on when the next batch of interview invitations will be sent out?

I believe someone responded Jan 20 is the earliest available interview date. There are no more pre-Dec dates open. Also not sure when they are sending out the next round of invites..Looks like they usually invite the beginning of the month.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I believe someone responded Jan 20 is the earliest available interview date. There are no more pre-Dec dates open. Also not sure when they are sending out the next round of invites..Looks like they usually invite the beginning of the month.

I can second this, I was told the only two they had available at the moment (when I was called) were Nov 5 & Jan 20. I can't imagine someone taking the January interview unless they had their priority school booked in November already. Hopefully they send some more interviews as people might cancel if others roll in!

What is your post-bacc gpa similar like mines?
Like I said earlier, the post-bacc GPA added onto my undergraduate GPA, making that around a 3.3. However, my post-bacc GPA itself was around a 3.97

Hey guys my interview is coming up. I wanted to know if there were any weird interview questions that were asked that you wished you had known about earlier?

Second time getting this Preview day email from western.
I didn't go last time because I thought it seemed like a lot of money to go on a school tour type of thing. But is it helpful at all to go?

Second time getting this Preview day email from western.
I didn't go last time because I thought it seemed like a lot of money to go on a school tour type of thing. But is it helpful at all to go?
Got the same email. Got my hopes up in a hurry haha.

Anybody able to share interview flow?! Type of questions?
This is the one interview you do not need to worry about. Super relaxed and you'll have a fun experience. If you don't, I'll eat my own hat.

This is the one interview you do not need to worry about. Super relaxed and you'll have a fun experience. If you don't, I'll eat my own hat.

I hope everyone has a positive experience...but at the same time, I really want to see you eat a hat...So conflicted.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone have a clue or insight on how many applicants are accepted for an anticipated class of 69?

Most schools accept more than the actual class size, considering a good number of those accepted might choose to attend another dental school.

Thanks in advance for the info!

so it the nov. 5th the second interview session that they are holding?

Western needs to quit teasing us with these preview day emails T.T

Reactions: 6 users
Western needs to quit teasing us with these preview day emails T.T

Was the email titled as "Greetings from WesternU"? I didnt apply but they emailed me because I sent my DAT scores to them

Was the email titled as "Greetings from WesternU"? I didnt apply but they emailed me because I sent my DAT scores to them

No that's not the one
It's titled Join the next westernu preview

lol, same here! :) :'(
I got the same email! Does anyone know if attending the preview sessions affects your chances? This is the third email I've received from them, and I'm starting to get a bit antsy.

I got the same email! Does anyone know if attending the preview sessions affects your chances? This is the third email I've received from them, and I'm starting to get a bit antsy.
are you guys planning on applying there after getting the email?

Do every applicant get that email or does it hint the interview invitation at all?

thats what i am not sure of, if everyone gets that email then probably won't apply, but if that email implies interview then we might as well..

Do every applicant get that email or does it hint the interview invitation at all?
This is my 2nd time applying there. I got that email last year and didn't get an interview.

are you guys planning on applying there after getting the email?
I already applied to WesternU this cycle .. I'm just waiting for an interview. So we're in two different boats; I have applied and am waiting but you haven't and are deciding whether to apply or not :)

Anyone interviewing tomorrow wanna grab dinner? I was at the 330 hec tour, left my spot on the elevator for the mom and kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.