The Official January 13, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kinipela

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who will be joining me on this day?

112 days left!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I'm on season 6 of House right now...decided to watch it all the way through since it's on Netflix

Reactions: 1 user
9 days! Just kind of backtracked and called recently to see if I accidentally canceled my mcat. I did not. So, I guess we'll see.

Would anyone care to join in this?

Test date: 1/13/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 28.1
AAMC 10-11 average: 29.3
Post test expected score: 28 (8/10/10)
Actual score: x/x/x

I really think the worst I could see myself doing would be a (7,10,9) = 26...which is fine with my GPA for DO....so heavens, just hoping to get what I think I will. Scared of that PS score though lol.

AAMC average: 37
AAMC 10-11 average: 39
Post test expected score: 36 (12/11/13)

You guys scared me. I thought our scores were released early for a second there.

Reactions: 1 users
AAMC average: 34
AAMC 10-11 average: 35
Post test expected score: 31 (9/10/12)

I will be so happy if I get above a 30 after that PS. I think I'll take a 9 on PS, especially considering I have all A's in chem and physics, and 3.9 science and cumulative. Praying I don't need to retake this thing.

Also if anyone was wondering what ever came of me challenging a PS question, they denied it :( They said although there was an error in the answer choice I identified, that wasn't the right answer anyways. Rats, I tried.

Members don't see this ad :)
AAMC average: 35
AAMC 10-11 average: 37.5
Post test expected score: 33-34

9 days! Just kind of backtracked and called recently to see if I accidentally canceled my mcat. I did not. So, I guess we'll see.

woah woah wait we can call to see if we canceled? What's the number? lol
I've been freaking out if I canceled or not since the week after (I don't know why I would have canceled, but I'm trippingggggggggggg hahah)

I was looking through jan 8th and 10th's threads and I'm getting super nervous for our date coming up. Grrr.

Test day: 1/13/2015

AAMC average: 27 (not including AAMC 3)

AAMC 10-11 average: 28.5

Post test expected score: 28

I decided I'm absolutely checking as soon as the scores are up, even if it means possibly ruining my vacation, because I NEED to know if I have to keep studying for the new mcat or not. But anyways, does anyone know when the AAMC will release some practice exams for the new mcat other than the one they have now? Or are we supposed to go off of test prep companies?

I was looking through jan 8th and 10th's threads and I'm getting super nervous for our date coming up. Grrr.

I'm trying not to check the January 8th or 10th threads because I know I'll have a major freak out session if I do.

Instead, I've started a new obsession called Candy Crush Soda.

Reactions: 2 users
Test Day: 1/13/15
AAMC Average: ~33
AAMC 10-11 Average: 32
Post test expected score: 30-31

I haven't been thinking about my MCAT score much for the past couple of weeks, but all of a sudden I started freaking out about it today. Then I realized the earlier January test scores came out today... definitely made it worse. At least the wait is almost over!

AAMC average (3,4,5,7,9): 26
AAMC average (minus AAMC 5): 28
AAMC 9: 29 (Did not take 10-11)
Post test expected score: 26 (7/11/8)

At this point, I'd be happy with any score that will enable me to apply to DO schools. That was the goal from the beginning. This test was the worst, but I have no regrets. I learned resilience and conquered a great fear by simply sitting down to write it. Even if I don't get into medical school, I feel I have closure for actually attempting this exam. This may seem melodramatic but I had built this test up in my head for years. It took me 9 months to even attempt the self-assessments because I was so scared. Nowadays, I'd have no trouble sitting down for a diagnostic.

Last edited:
DID ANYONE ELSE GET THIS Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine email? I feel like I'm being targeted because I did horrible and they know!

Like what were your aamc averages prior to this? UGH!

DID ANYONE ELSE GET THIS Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine email? I feel like I'm being targeted because I did horrible and they know!

I didn't and my average was 26. But my last name makes me show up last usually.

I am so scared. Every other second I'm like "Oh I probably got a 25, but wait, maybe I'm a good educated guesser and actually got a 35!" I just want to know so then I can do something about it if it's bad.

I had a phone interview this morning and I had a dream last night that I got my scores back right before the interview and they just appeared on my computer screen right before the interview... Woke up before I actually saw the score... weird.

I was under the impression that you released your score yourself. That could very well be just a general email.

I got the podiatry email, it freaked me out so much i called the aamc to see if they released my scores. they had not.
Just keep trying to remind myself that my scores are already predetermined and retaking is not the end of the world. If I have to, I have to.

Last edited:

I just saw this when I tried to look up mcat days for the May exam, but when you register for the mcat, one of the agreement clauses that you can either say yes or no too states that you allow the aamc to release email information to MD, DO, Caribbean and podiatry schools to let them send you information about their school. So maybe you said yes to that and they are just emailing you based on that?

I got this email too. Also got one from Trinity SOM and Brown School at Washington... Now I'm worried I did terribly.

I got this email too. Also got one from Trinity SOM and Brown School at Washington... Now I'm worried I did terribly.
If it makes anyone feel better I feel like I did pretty ****ty and I didn't get any of these emails.

I have not slept for more than 2 hrs a day for the past 5 weeks! when is it suppose to come out

Well I have approx 5 exams lined up one after starting tomorrow until thursday, not including all the hw in between.

I've been pretty good about not thinking about the exam to this point but I'm really starting to get nervous. Any score between 24 and 32 would not shock me...and there's obviously a huge difference between the two which is causing me to feel pretty anxious. Hope everyone's able to stay somewhat relaxed over these final few days.

Reactions: 5 users
Isn't it so weird how we've been waiting so (painfully) long for our scores, and yet I'm not sure if I'll have the courage to open the score on 18 Feb lol

Reactions: 5 users
two exams this week, a whole extra curricular stuff to worry about, pre-med apps due, internship apps due, have to meet people for some dinner and in the midst of all this I am trying to see how early I can pack to go home if wednesday ends up being bad. Luckily I go to school a bus ride( albeit long) from my house and I'd rather be home if things go to ****.

AAMC average: ~31
AAMC 10-11 average: 29 (only took 11)
Post test expected score: Head says 28 (10 7 11), Heart says 35 ( 12 10 13)

3 more days until we get our scores. I can hardly wait! Who's with me for a 35+?:happy: May we all get what we want. Best of luck to everyone! See you all on Wednesday. I know we have killed this test ( in a good way). :highfive:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
So what do we do if our scores aren't as good as we hoped? The last date to take the MCAT for this application cycle and have scores back in time would be May 22... but almost all the testing sites are full!!! Stressing. The dates earlier than May 22 are in April and I'll still be in classes and I'm afraid I won't be able to study for the it. UGH what to do what to do.

AAMC average: 35.667
AAMC 10-11 average: 37.5
Post test expected score: 33 (11/10/12)

AAMC average: 27
AAMC 10-11 average: 30 (only took 10)
Post-test expected score: 28

Ok guys.... So we have 13 pages for January 13th! How cool is that?! I know I know....lol just trying to take my mind off of Wednesday :shrug: