the official "i hate my medical school" thread...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mateodaspy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i don't hate my medical school, but i was wondering if anyone out there hates theirs and, if so, why?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't hate my med school, and I certainly had a good time here. But now that I'm a fourth year and I'm looking back, there are definitely things I would have changed about my medical education.

A lot of these things are aspects of medical schools that I thought were positives when I applied. For example, I chose a school with PBL because I liked the concept as it was presented, but I found that droning on and on about the minutiae of some uncommon disorder is actually boring and not really an efficient use of time (which is what we often did in PBL). My school is also one that "does not teach to the Boards." No, really, it doesn't; in fact, many of us are pretty unprepared for step 1 when we have to start studying for it. Many of us learn pharmacology and microbiology for the FIRST TIME when we study for step 1. My school is ranked highly, but that is just sad. Instead of all those pointless lectures with famous scientists talking about their oh-so-interesting research on the configuration of Protein 235JK9820, maybe we could have had a few more lessons on pharm, or on the genetic enzyme-deficiency disorders that most of us hadn't heard of until we read First Aid for Step 1. In the end I did fine on step 1, but I still feel like there was a ton of important information in the exam that I had not been taught in my first two years.

Also, pre-meds often think that "early clinical exposure" is a bonus, as I thought. My school brags that one day a week is spent working with physicians in their clinics. The truth is that you don't have a freaking clue what you are doing yet, so you end up just shadowing a physician, which is boring and utterly pointless. Before you actually learn a few things about medicine, you don't get much out of these experiences (and yet they take up a lot of time).

So I don't hate my school, but it does have a few areas to improve.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't hate my med school. I just hate getting up early in the morning, so yes third year is kicking my but because I'm so sleepy all the time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't suppose I hate it but not a day goes by that I don't wonder if I made a poor choice in coming here. A lot of days I feel like I was duped. It was actually my New Year's resolution to get over it because there's nothing I can do about it now. I need to try to find my place here. I try to tell myself that it's just a case of the grass looking greener on the other side of the fence but I know that's not all true. **sigh** :(

robotsonic said:
I don't hate my med school, and I certainly had a good time here. But now that I'm a fourth year and I'm looking back, there are definitely things I would have changed about my medical education.

A lot of these things are aspects of medical schools that I thought were positives when I applied. For example, I chose a school with PBL because I liked the concept as it was presented, but I found that droning on and on about the minutiae of some uncommon disorder is actually boring and not really an efficient use of time (which is what we often did in PBL). My school is also one that "does not teach to the Boards." No, really, it doesn't; in fact, many of us are pretty unprepared for step 1 when we have to start studying for it. Many of us learn pharmacology and microbiology for the FIRST TIME when we study for step 1. My school is ranked highly, but that is just sad. Instead of all those pointless lectures with famous scientists talking about their oh-so-interesting research on the configuration of Protein 235JK9820, maybe we could have had a few more lessons on pharm, or on the genetic enzyme-deficiency disorders that most of us hadn't heard of until we read First Aid for Step 1. In the end I did fine on step 1, but I still feel like there was a ton of important information in the exam that I had not been taught in my first two years.

Also, pre-meds often think that "early clinical exposure" is a bonus, as I thought. My school brags that one day a week is spent working with physicians in their clinics. The truth is that you don't have a freaking clue what you are doing yet, so you end up just shadowing a physician, which is boring and utterly pointless. Before you actually learn a few things about medicine, you don't get much out of these experiences (and yet they take up a lot of time).

So I don't hate my school, but it does have a few areas to improve.
I believe we go to the same school... and I have the same exact complaints. I like it overall, especially now that we're into BOD and it's fairly interesting, but last year... man, that was boring and pretty useless - especially some of those PBL cases! Argh.

As for boards studying, i'm starting now, and yeah - i'm basically teaching myself pharm as we go, and trying to learn as much micro right now as possible before I start the actual boards prep period. It's... crazy. What are they thinking??

Quid

its always interesting to see people i applied with for entering 2004 going through the medical education process. i bet a lot of us had no idea what we were getting ourselves into when we picked the school we ended up at!

MedicineBird said:
I don't suppose I hate it but not a day goes by that I don't wonder if I made a poor choice in coming here. A lot of days I feel like I was duped. It was actually my New Year's resolution to get over it because there's nothing I can do about it now. I need to try to find my place here. I try to tell myself that it's just a case of the grass looking greener on the other side of the fence but I know that's not all true. **sigh** :(

what school are you at?

MedicineBird said:

I know exactly how you feel. My school is so disorganized. The building is also undergoing construction right now, which is a huge pain in the ass.... Supposedly during 3rd and 4th year (after we get out of the med school building), everything gets better. I cannot wait.

MedicineBird said:

How Fitting your avatar is then!!!!!!!!!!! With you being duped and all. :laugh:

SpeedRacer said:
what school are you at?

hehehe - as disillusioned as I may be, I'm not yet at the point of public defamation. :D although, if you peruse my other posts I'm certain you'll figure it out. ;)

even though I complain sometimes I have to say that overall, I really like what i'm doing. I can't think of anything more challenging or cool... i have this awfully healthy love-hate relationship with medicine. There are days where i want to just stop and do something else, but there are far more days where i'm like, wow.. this is soooo me... this has my name written all over it and I'm killing it!!

It's a weird thing med school.. it can drive you crazy, but it's still pretty much the coolest thing i've ever done (the small portion that i have done at least)

tupac_don said:
How Fitting your avatar is then!!!!!!!!!!! With you being duped and all. :laugh:
:thumbup: I love a person who can recognize irony. ;)

Hang in there guys. You can do it!

Thought I'd give the disillusioned MS1 & 2's some encouragement! I'm not going to lie to you, it doesn't get easier, but it definitely gets more interesting. Good luck! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think this conversation was about whether or not we like studying medicine, rather if we are happy with our choice of school.

well then i must have misread the post... so in my response to my choice in school... there is NO other school I'd rather be at than Davis. Talk about a supportive awesome environment to learn. They are truly an amazing faculty and staff. There is someone always chomping at the bit to help me. It's amazing. I almost feel the obligation to do well because I know how much my teachers have invested into the course. Crazy huh?'

Plus, my class is really supportive and we network really well. I think having pass fail really helps!

robotsonic said:
...For example, I chose a school with PBL because I liked the concept as it was presented, but I found that droning on and on about the minutiae of some uncommon disorder is actually boring and not really an efficient use of time (which is what we often did in PBL).

I also have to complain about PBL. It's not that I hate it that much. What I hate is that my school prides itself so freakin' much on being a PBL school. Its sanctity as the highest bastion of collegial learning must not be defamed. If you mutter "Man... that tutorial was 3 hours of my life I'll never get back" you get dirty looks from the diehard PBL keeners.

PBL can be entertaining (usually in inverse proportion to how efficient/on-topic your discussion is). It may serve as some vague approximation of how medicine is practiced in the real world (YAY TEAMWORK!). It's a great way to get to know your classmates. And one is less likely to fall asleep than during a lecture.

However, on the other hand, PBL is grossly inefficient as a means of shovelling massive amounts of data into our tender young brains. It verges on painfully boring at times (ex. listening to a classmate stumble through a clumsy explanation that a lecturer could synthesize into two sentences). It stands it stark contrast to how we're actually going to be tested (i.e. on our own). And while one is less likely to nod off, one is more likely to have a hit list of selected classmates with whom one has uncovered irreconcilable personality conflicts.

emack said:
However, on the other hand, PBL is grossly inefficient as a means of shovelling massive amounts of data into our tender young brains. It verges on painfully boring at times (ex. listening to a classmate stumble through a clumsy explanation that a lecturer could synthesize into two sentences). It stands it stark contrast to how we're actually going to be tested (i.e. on our own). And while one is less likely to nod off, one is more likely to have a hit list of selected classmates with whom one has uncovered irreconcilable personality conflicts.
Do we go to the same school ? I couldn't agree more with your post, especially the hit list.

emack said:
It may serve as some vague approximation of how medicine is practiced in the real world (YAY TEAMWORK!).
I don't even think that this is true. When I applied to med school, I thought, "Wow, PBL is awesome because you approach the problems just like a real physician would." But then I got to the wards... and no, the interactions and thought processes in PBL are most certainly not what occurs on the floors. Surprise, real physicians actually DON'T spend 3 hours discussing the cell signalling pathways involved in esophageal cancer. PBL at my school doesn't approximate how medicine is actually practiced at all.

This thread is great...
I think i agree with everyone on this board...I don't hate my school, but there's a ton of frustrating things to deal with - but after reading this thread, i realize that these frustrations are surprisingly universal.
So the things I hate about med school (specifically the MS2 year):

1) Famed Professor X gives his lecture on...say "thyroid disorders" - which he talks about for 5 minutes before delving into his "grounding breaking" research involving the thryroid receptor kinase phosphorylase promotor response element 2nd messenger that will aparently cure every disease known to man, for the next 90 minutes.

2)the Pre-clinical years "clinical skills" teaching. Like someone else said, when you're a starry eyed premed trying to pick a school, you want to go to a school that gives "clinical experience" in MS1 & MS2. I was this way. Now that i have it I realize its a waste of time - time that i need to be memorizing professor X's thyroid research for the F'ing exam. You seriously don't know **** as a first or second year med student, and allowing you to play doctor a few times a week only proves this. Great, I can do a complete H&P on a standardized patient or some poor soul that gets corned in the ER to act as my guinnea pig - I definately could've waited until 3rd year to learn that. I give tours at my school and the perspective applicants always ask about how much clinical experience you get in the 1st two years...I grit my teeth and answer.

3) My school barely teaches pharm or micro either...i feel like its going to be a huge hole to fill during my step 1 studying. Despite this, we have dozens of lectures on surgical therapies/techniques, EKG interpretation etc (all of which get forgotten shortly after the exam) and countless other things that aren't tested on the boards.

4) The daily feeling that all the work i do is valueless because i forget most of what i learn w/in a week after any given exam. We have a organ system based curriculum and in any given section, we're given a mountain of info to learn in a rediculously short period of time ...so we study countless hours a day and all night trying to cram it all in. But then we take the exam, may or may not do well, but either way move on and end up forgetting everything. It's very frustrating.

5) I hate this whole self study kick my school is on. What they do is cut out lectures and instead just assign the corresponding chapters in Harrison's for us to read. Harrison's is a bit much as a second year med school text...and if I'm teaching myself, what exactly is my $40K a year in tuition going to??

Wow...that was a bit like a therapy session...

Do you really think the clinical experiences in the first two year are worthless?

emack said:
I also have to complain about PBL. It's not that I hate it that much. What I hate is that my school prides itself so freakin' much on being a PBL school. Its sanctity as the highest bastion of collegial learning must not be defamed. If you mutter "Man... that tutorial was 3 hours of my life I'll never get back" you get dirty looks from the diehard PBL keeners.

PBL can be entertaining (usually in inverse proportion to how efficient/on-topic your discussion is). It may serve as some vague approximation of how medicine is practiced in the real world (YAY TEAMWORK!). It's a great way to get to know your classmates. And one is less likely to fall asleep than during a lecture.

:laugh: Now I know what I have to look forward to next year! Thanks for the warning-now I can prepare!

mudpie said:
Do you really think the clinical experiences in the first two year are worthless?
I'd say that it's about 80% worthless. Shadowing is pointless; learning how to interview patients can be done in a few sessions; physical exam is more involved, but honestly I agree with the above posters: i need the time I waste commuting back and forth from my preceptor to study the idiotic minutia we get fed at school while trying to simultaneously study for the boards. *sigh*.

MedicineBird said:
I don't think this conversation was about whether or not we like studying medicine, rather if we are happy with our choice of school.

I can read you know. ;) But I'm sure every school, mine included, changes once you pass Step I and enter 3rd year, thus my response about school changing.

mudpie said:

like others stated, it's fairly worthless. You can learn HPI in less than an hour and perfect it by a few days of just interviewing patients. The physical exam can be practiced to perfection (this can take longer but still easily done within multiple patient examinations).

When shadowing a doctor (as MS1), I had absolutely no idea about the physiology of some diseases, drugs that are routinely used, biochemical reactions, etc etc so it wasn't as great of a learning experience as it could have been.

Getting into the clinical setting is great but critical? I don't think so

SkylineMD said:
You can learn HPI in less than an hour and perfect it by a few days of just interviewing patients. The physical exam can be practiced to perfection (this can take longer but still easily done within multiple patient examinations).

That's not really true. Histories and physical exams are not something you can learn, nevertheless perfect, in such a short amount of time. You don't need to even be a med student to memorize a laundry list of questions to regurgitate for a history or the motions to go through for a physical exam, but that's not really taking a history and physical--that's just acting like you are. It takes much more practice to be able to put it all together and consolidate your findings. Most residents don't even have it perfected.

MedicineBird said:
hehehe - as disillusioned as I may be, I'm not yet at the point of public defamation. :D although, if you peruse my other posts I'm certain you'll figure it out. ;)

nice.

i really wish people would say what school they're at though, just so people trying to decide would know what to look out for!

Misterioso said:
Histories and physical exams are not something you can learn, nevertheless perfect, in such a short amount of time... It takes much more practice to be able to put it all together and consolidate your findings. Most residents don't even have it perfected.
This is true, but as a first and second year med student, you sure as hell aren't going to perfect your skills at doing histories and physicals. I think it may actually be worse to start learning that in your first and second year, since your lack of medical knowledge forces you to ask the whole laundry list of questions - and not actually learn to tailor your history/exam to what the chief complaint is.

To mudpie: I think the early clinical experiences are 90% useless.

To Speedracer: I like to remain somewhat anonymous on these forums, which is why I don't reveal my medical school. If it is relevant, I will mention it in PMs.

Quidem, your avatar is the best! I often feel like that little kitten with my face in a bowl full of chow.

As for schools, well let's say that second year brings with it a strong does of 'what the heck is wrong here?" reality. I think that's probably normal. I mean, I don't regret being here but there are moments when I think: hmmm, we could be doing this better. So that's the part that I think is normal.

A friend of mine in grauduate social work said that most graduate students go through this phase, where they are like teenagers, where at first they love everything!!! Oh my gosh!!! then they start thinking, this stinks .... then they want to say that their school (parents) is all full of baloney, they are not getting the education they deserve, etc. Finally, they come to the point where they can see that the program wasn't perfect but that it did what it said it would (produce a graduate student) and that it helped to bring you where you wanted to be.

So, I thought that was wise and I guess I agree with it. :p

Misterioso said:
That's not really true. Histories and physical exams are not something you can learn, nevertheless perfect, in such a short amount of time. You don't need to even be a med student to memorize a laundry list of questions to regurgitate for a history or the motions to go through for a physical exam, but that's not really taking a history and physical--that's just acting like you are. It takes much more practice to be able to put it all together and consolidate your findings. Most residents don't even have it perfected.

Misterioso, I agree with you 100%. I'm a first year student at a unique medical school that I gravitated to instantly and I'm very happy with my choice. All first year students, beginning one month into the program, clearly without any medical knowledge, are brought to interview real patients. The idea of this is based on the fact that, without diagnostic knowledge, the student cannot "just focus on the chief complaint" or quickly just "get to the problem list." What this does is force the student to focus on listening skills, help the patient narrate their story, and most importantly, get a very detailed picture of their social history and context of disease. Sometimes the interview can go on for 20 minutes depending on how much the patient discusses (and how well you direct). Some of you may not see the point of this, but I feel it's a vital part of good doctoring. I think it's a wonderful idea to keep MS1's and 2's from slipping away too far into hard-science land and remind us that illness invades real people with real lives.

While I do like my school for the most part, there are a few things I would like to see changed. First, not only does my school have letter grades (A-F), but it also has plus/minus grading. I'd much rather see a P/F or H/P/F system in place. It makes it seem that we're back in undergrad where you would study for an A rather than to learn the material; and let me tell you how frustrating it is to miss and A by .03 points. Also, I agree about teaching HPI's and Physicals in first year. We all have to memorize a checklist of questions and maneuvers, which we proceed to forget by the next week. We're taught to rattle off a list of questions, and we don't even know why we're asking what we're asking... it's very much just "playing doctor." The clinical experience is marginally useful at best, and frankly I'd rather spend my time studying for Biochem.

Antiviral22 said:
Misterioso, I agree with you 100%. I'm a first year student at a unique medical school that I gravitated to instantly and I'm very happy with my choice. All first year students, beginning one month into the program, clearly without any medical knowledge, are brought to interview real patients. The idea of this is based on the fact that, without diagnostic knowledge, the student cannot "just focus on the chief complaint" or quickly just "get to the problem list." What this does is force the student to focus on listening skills, help the patient narrate their story, and most importantly, get a very detailed picture of their social history and context of disease. Sometimes the interview can go on for 20 minutes depending on how much the patient discusses (and how well you direct). Some of you may not see the point of this, but I feel it's a vital part of good doctoring. I think it's a wonderful idea to keep MS1's and 2's from slipping away too far into hard-science land and remind us that illness invades real people with real lives.

My school does this too, although they do it with actor patients. But I have to wonder if it isn't setting up false expectations. When are we going to have 20 minutes to just ask about their hobbies, etc...we are going to need to cut that time back to much less, interspersed between visits.

I am surprised to hear that most people find the clincial experiences in MS1 and MS2 to be useless!

It is by far the best part of my week, but it may be the preceptor that I have. She is very willing to let me do procedures that I never thought I would be doing as a MS1. When I am just observing/shadowing her, I'll admit that a lot of the times I am lost as to what is going on, but I use that as a time to absorb what is going on and the next time we see a patient with a similar complaint, I actually know what is going on. It is amazing how much more I retain from the tidbits of info I learn in the clinic compared to an hour of studying from a book.

It is a great break from the PBL/lecture mire of the rest of my week and helps me to keep perspective. It may be that my school in particular prepares very good lectures that are clinically relevant, but I actually see a fair number of the diseases/tests/treatments we discuss in class come up in clinic. Of course there will always be those obscure things that you have to learn for an exam or the professor who lectures about the minutiae of their work, but on the whole, I really like my school and the clincial exposure in particular.

for those that are interested, I go to U of Colorado SOM.

I'm actually very happy at my school. Couldn't have asked for a better learning environment. Pre-clinical education is solid. Let's how 3rd and 4th year turns out.

CaddisHatch said:
I am surprised to hear that most people find the clincial experiences in MS1 and MS2 to be useless!

It is by far the best part of my week, but it may be the preceptor that I have. She is very willing to let me do procedures that I never thought I would be doing as a MS1. When I am just observing/shadowing her, I'll admit that a lot of the times I am lost as to what is going on, but I use that as a time to absorb what is going on and the next time we see a patient with a similar complaint, I actually know what is going on. It is amazing how much more I retain from the tidbits of info I learn in the clinic compared to an hour of studying from a book.

It is a great break from the PBL/lecture mire of the rest of my week and helps me to keep perspective. It may be that my school in particular prepares very good lectures that are clinically relevant, but I actually see a fair number of the diseases/tests/treatments we discuss in class come up in clinic. Of course there will always be those obscure things that you have to learn for an exam or the professor who lectures about the minutiae of their work, but on the whole, I really like my school and the clincial exposure in particular.

for those that are interested, I go to U of Colorado SOM.

I think U of Colorado is different from most schools in the way it handles its early clinical experience. The fact that we have the same preceptor every week who gets to know us and become comfortable teaching us and allowing us to do things means that it is actually an opportunity to learn pathophys and clinical reasoning instead of just shadowing. I am not really sure how other schools do it but I know some of the others just have shadowing opportunities or precept with several different physicians. Also, I think the fact that the program is graduated with increasing responsibility as you go through the foundations program also allows it to be a good learning experience when others are not. This may be why you have such a different perspective than others on this board.

hakksar said:
I think U of Colorado is different from most schools in the way it handles its early clinical experience. The fact that we have the same preceptor every week who gets to know us and become comfortable teaching us and allowing us to do things means that it is actually an opportunity to learn pathophys and clinical reasoning instead of just shadowing. I am not really sure how other schools do it but I know some of the others just have shadowing opportunities or precept with several different physicians. Also, I think the fact that the program is graduated with increasing responsibility as you go through the foundations program also allows it to be a good learning experience when others are not. This may be why you have such a different perspective than others on this board.

I'm glad to hear other praises for CU SOM clinical experiences. I am inbound for this fall, and have heard nothing but good things from a couple students that I know there. I think that the quality of the clinical experience lies in part with the assertiveness of the student and the receptiveness of the program/preceptor to accommodate.

Biscuit799 said:
First, not only does my school have letter grades (A-F), but it also has plus/minus grading. I'd much rather see a P/F or H/P/F system in place. It makes it seem that we're back in undergrad where you would study for an A rather than to learn the material; and let me tell you how frustrating it is to miss and A by .03 points.

I *wish* I had letter grades instead of H/P/F. If you think it's frustrating to miss an A by .03 points, don't even get me started on how frustrating it is to miss an H by .03 points. At least you have a B to show for your efforts.

P/F is the way to go.

Enough with the "i love my medical school" crap. Didn't you guys see the title of the thread? Its for people who want to complain... :idea:

Yeahhhh...that's because you're at a DO school. I wonder how much you'll appreciate your cushy first two years once you find out that you can't get into any competitive allopathic residencies....

DOCTORSAIB said:
I'm actually very happy at my school. Couldn't have asked for a better learning environment. Pre-clinical education is solid. Let's how 3rd and 4th year turns out.

fredmanny said:
Yeahhhh...that's because you're at a DO school. I wonder how much you'll appreciate your cushy first two years once you find out that you can't get into any competitive allopathic residencies....

Stop trolling, freddyboy.

robotsonic said:
This is true, but as a first and second year med student, you sure as hell aren't going to perfect your skills at doing histories and physicals. I think it may actually be worse to start learning that in your first and second year, since your lack of medical knowledge forces you to ask the whole laundry list of questions - and not actually learn to tailor your history/exam to what the chief complaint is.

Patience, young grasshopper- in order to "learn to tailor your history/exam", you must first learn to cover the "laundry list". Nobody expects you to know much about the medical conditions.

I sense there are many 1st/2nd year students posting in this thread- i know taking a half day to shadow a physician seems like wasted time now, but the skills needed to build a good physician-patient relationship are continually acquired throughout your entire career. It is extremely important to start early. You may think you've already mastered history taking skills after a few afternoons- but wait until the first time you are on call during your third year and your resident sends you to the ER to do an H&P. Without any prior experience with patients, you would be completely lost, jeopardizing the patient's medical care.

zack_morris said:
I sense there are many 1st/2nd year students posting in this thread- i know taking a half day to shadow a physician seems like wasted time now, but the skills needed to build a good physician-patient relationship are continually acquired throughout your entire career. It is extremely important to start early. You may think you've already mastered history taking skills after a few afternoons- but wait until the first time you are on call during your third year and your resident sends you to the ER to do an H&P. Without any prior experience with patients, you would be completely lost, jeopardizing the patient's medical care.
Huh? You think I'm a second year? I'm a fourth year, applying in general surgery. Check my other posts - I know a little too much about surgery interviews to just be a first year.

But back to the topic: I never said that I had "mastered history taking skills." That's absurd, and you are distorting what I actually did say. The early clinical exposure that I received did not help me in any way with learning how to take a history. Seriously. For some it did. For me it didn't. I'm not a master of the history and physical, and I don't expect myself to be, but those afternoons of shadowing were pretty damn useless.

And give me a break - the resident doesn't just send down a clueless third year to examine an unstable ER patient. Please. You sound like a third year med student who actually believes that you play an important role in the team. Trust me, you don't. The residents aren't stupid enough to let you jeopardize a patient's care.

I will admit that learning the laundry list of questions is good for when you are first interviewing patients... BUT it has little use in first and second year. You should really learn it when you start third year, when the questions will actually mean something to you.

robotsonic said:
Huh? You think I'm a second year? I'm a fourth year, applying in general surgery. Check my other posts - I know a little too much about surgery interviews to just be a first year.

Easy, fella. I wasn't referring to you with the 1st/2nd year comments- you made it clear earlier that you already finished these years. This is actually pretty funny, as i am a 4th year applying in anesthesia. We seem to be butting heads before beginning residency.....

robotsonic said:

Easy, fella. I wasn't referring to you with the 1st/2nd year comments- you made it clear earlier that you already finished these years. This is actually pretty funny, as i am a 4th year applying in anesthesia. We seem to be butting heads before beginning residency.....

I don't hate my med school per se....just med school in general. can't wait to be done! you fourth years are so lucky! :p

Pompacil said:
<-------------

Ahem.

Yes, thats very original. I like.

I don't hate my school but the emphasis is on such random things...a semester of developmental anatomy and now a semester of neuroscience? I just don't understand why we seem to emphasize things that no one else cares about...

azzarah said:
I don't hate my med school per se....just med school in general. can't wait to be done! you fourth years are so lucky! :p
:thumbup:

Pompacil said:
<-------------

Ahem.

Well Pomp, as a female I still prefer Quid's little kitten in a bowl of cat crunch to your suggestive avatar. ;)