The Official April 24, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopelessDreamer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else on here taking it on the 24th? I'm going to start studying later this week. What is everyone else's study plan?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
sooo... looking back at it now that you have your scores, was the test "harder" or "easier" than you expected (especially compared on the AAMC's)?

For anyone taking tests in the future and are reading this, DO NOT GO BY GUT FEELING. I swore to my entire family that I scored 27 and that there was NO WAY I scored above 7 in VR. Even if you feel super crappy, just trust your averages!
you just gave me so much hope! I took the May 8th test and despite my 10+ average, I've sworn to my family that if I get anything above a 7 on PS, I will train for a half-marathon lol Congrats on your score and thanks for this post :)

Test Date: 4/24
AAMC Average: Didn't take too many, probably in the upper 20's
Kaplan: Took more, low 30s
Actual: 30 (10, 9, 11)
Response
: I'm relieved and I'll take it. Gonna apply the first day, have strong GPA and EC's. Really glad I didn't get any lower. Good luck to everyone with the whole process- hope everything turns out in the end.

Members don't see this ad :)
sooo... looking back at it now that you have your scores, was the test "harder" or "easier" than you expected (especially compared on the AAMC's)?
PS felt easier but I scored better on practices.
VR felt longer and harder but I scored higher than my average.
Bs orgo was way tougher than practices and bio was about the same as AAMC 10 and 11.

you just gave me so much hope! I took the May 8th test and despite my 10+ average, I've sworn to my family that if I get anything above a 7 on PS, I will train for a half-marathon lol Congrats on your score and thanks for this post :)
Stay positive! I know it seems like you can't because you're "sure" that you did bad, but honestly you should score around your practice range. There are experimental questions that get thrown out as well. For example, on the VR, I completely guessed on 2 passages because I had no idea what was going on.

11/5/13 Score of 29. I'm extremely disappointed! I knew that I didn't as well as I wished (average 35 on AAMC's) because I panicked during PS and it affected the rest of the exam for me, but I never thought my verbal would be so low! I was expecting a balanced 27 but this is worst. This doesn't even make sense! WTH...

8 PS 6 VR 12 BS - 26

Well it's true that it reflects your practice tests well! I'm honestly relieved I didn't get pummeled as I was preparing while taking classes and working.

I'm a first gen. Filipino from CA but a native English speaker. Chances to ANY MD? (3,6 science, 3.7. Non science, UCSD). I just look at the AAMC table and did see I have a 18% chance of acceptance based on the Asian chart. my VR for practice never went above a 9 unfortunately as reading comprehension has never been an issue for me. I've gotten As in all my non science courses with intensive reading within the course. Very strange!

Will be shooting for DO as well!

Congrats again to everyone else!
Hey, I'm a 1st gen filipino from CA too! :) Unfortunately, this won't help us much. I got a 26 the first time, and decided to retake after a lot of advice from mentors. I got away with a 30 this time, and I'm just going to accept it and apply to lowtier, few reaches med schools and DO schools. Make sure you have a killer personal statement, great ECs to stand out at this point. but in my opinion, I think you should retake if you are willing to go through it again. You can easily raise your physical by at least 3 points if you just study more. I struggled with Verbal too, and didn't improve (so no advice for you there lol)

11/5/13 Score of 29. I'm extremely disappointed! I knew that I didn't as well as I wished (average 35 on AAMC's) because I panicked during PS and it affected the rest of the exam for me, but I never thought my verbal would be so low! I was expecting a balanced 27 but this is worst. This doesn't even make sense! WTH...

It's not the end of the world, thankfully, so all you have to do is re-prep and retake. Depending on how you take failure, coping will definitely be the hardest part; the rest you've done once already. Cheer up and good luck.

I doubled my VR from a 5-10 from a 2012 to 2014 exam. I can't speak specifically on how, other than I did a bit a casual reading, and redid all the EK 101 verbal and TPR verbal. Your science is solid will probably only improve if you re-prep from the beginning.

For anyone taking tests in the future and are reading this, DO NOT GO BY GUT FEELING. I swore to my entire family that I scored 27 and that there was NO WAY I scored above 7 in VR. Even if you feel super crappy, just trust your averages!

So much this. I thought I scored about 11-12 on BS when I left the exam and I ended up with a 15.

12 PS, 7 VR, 14 BS - 33

Stinkin' verbal, I don't know what happened…. It is literally the only blemish on an otherwise solid profile. I have a 3.83 cGPA and 3.88 sGPA with solid ECs.

Like just because I got a 7 on VR would schools throw out my app and disregard the rest of my profile, like a technicality? Because I know that schools do screen.

Opinions? Think I could get into an MD school?

12 PS, 7 VR, 14 BS - 33

Stinkin' verbal, I don't know what happened…. It is literally the only blemish on an otherwise solid profile. I have a 3.83 cGPA and 3.88 sGPA with solid ECs.

Like just because I got a 7 on VR would schools throw out my app and disregard the rest of my profile, like a technicality? Because I know that schools do screen.

You're fine. Wanna trade GPA?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Test Date: 4/24/14
AAMC Average: 36
Post-Test Expected Score: 35-38
Actual Score: 40 (14/11/15)
Comments: Felt somewhat confident in PS and BS after the exam but VR is always mehhhhh. Self-Studied EK for a month (while doing all of Kaplan topicals and in chapter practices) + 23 practice tests (all AAMCs, PR 3,4,5 that i got from a friend, all of Gold standards (1-10)) + the GS VR only + Princeton Review Hyperlearning VR only + EK VR only.

Reactions: 1 users
For everyone currently in this situation: Man...after getting my score back, not really sure if I should apply...
My answer: HOLY CRAP APPLY MAN

Seriously, the MCAT score is only one of the many things schools judge you on. Lets face it people, the entire system is messed up. The fact that we have to wait a month to get our test score back is complete B.S. The fact that certain individuals have connections to the schools admissions board to make it more likely they get it is B.S. This system is nowhere near perfect or accurate in my opinion. SO APPLY. So what if you have a MCAT of 24 or a verbal score of 8, just apply. Anything goes in this application process; i've seen people who deserve to get into a good school more than anyone but they don't, and then I see people who don't deserve it end up getting in. Seriously, the only thing you have to lose of applying is money - that's it. And seeing as you're gonna end up throwing down six-figures to go to med school, who the hell cares that you wasted a few thousand dollars and didn't make the cycle.

If you see these people posting their awesome high 30's and 40 scores, DO NOT LET THAT DISCOURAGE YOU FROM APPLYING. First off, you don't even know if that's the score they actually got, and second, just because they got a high score doesn't mean they're gonna be accepted.

Do your own thing people, this application process has its many kinks. Don't let anyone tell you you have no chance of getting in because they're just wrong. Send in your applications, and I hope to consult with you on a patient in the near future.

Reactions: 4 users
Post Test Expected: 29-33
Previous Score: 28 (10/8/10)
AAMC Average: 31 (28-34)
Actual Test: 32 (11/9/12)

So i've been lurking pretty hard since the start of this thread. I figured I would post now since I've found data from everyone else very helpful.

I scored 1 point over my average and 4 points better than my last test, so overall i'm very happy. I put a lot of effort into improving my verbal and had been scoring 10-11 fairly consistently, so that 9 is pretty annoying... To study I used Kaplan, EK 101 Verbal, and as many AAMC practice tests as I could do. Looking at the other test date threads, it seems like we might have been fortunate enough to not have been condemned to suffer through one of the notoriously difficult tests. I believe the one in late March most people on SDN were scoring well bellow their average. It is a small pool to pull data from, but I don't see how it's fair that some people just choose the wrong date to take it. I don't know... maybe there's some other explanation. Either way, ima take my 32 and rrrrruuuunnnnn!!!

For everyone currently in this situation: Man...after getting my score back, not really sure if I should apply...
My answer: HOLY CRAP APPLY MAN

Seriously, the MCAT score is only one of the many things schools judge you on. Lets face it people, the entire system is messed up. The fact that we have to wait a month to get our test score back is complete B.S. The fact that certain individuals have connections to the schools admissions board to make it more likely they get it is B.S. This system is nowhere near perfect or accurate in my opinion. SO APPLY. So what if you have a MCAT of 24 or a verbal score of 8, just apply. Anything goes in this application process; i've seen people who deserve to get into a good school more than anyone but they don't, and then I see people who don't deserve it end up getting in. Seriously, the only thing you have to lose of applying is money - that's it. And seeing as you're gonna end up throwing down six-figures to go to med school, who the hell cares that you wasted a few thousand dollars and didn't make the cycle.

If you see these people posting their awesome high 30's and 40 scores, DO NOT LET THAT DISCOURAGE YOU FROM APPLYING. First off, you don't even know if that's the score they actually got, and second, just because they got a high score doesn't mean they're gonna be accepted.

Do your own thing people, this application process has its many kinks. Don't let anyone tell you you have no chance of getting in because they're just wrong. Send in your applications, and I hope to consult with you on a patient in the near future.

Exactly. Also, the scores people post on here aren't usual. This is SDN. Fairlytale world

12 PS, 7 VR, 14 BS - 33

Buy MSAR access and check the 10th percentile VR score for schools you're interested in. Also consider contacting schools individually about the 7. I wouldn't blindly apply without looking into this, a 7 in VR is really pushing it.

Seriously, the only thing you have to lose of applying is money - that's it. And seeing as you're gonna end up throwing down six-figures to go to med school, who the hell cares that you wasted a few thousand dollars and didn't make the cycle
Consider that not everyone has the luxury of gambling a couple thousand dollars. And it's not only money lost, but time as well.

Kind of meaningless since the yearly data show >100 people scoring in the 40's. High scores happen on any given test date and whether a particular SDN user is lying or not has no bearing on the fact that people perform at all levels on basically every test form.

Reactions: 1 users
12 PS, 7 VR, 14 BS - 33

Hey, I'm in a similar situation. I got the same score (except a 13 in PS) on the mcat 2 months ago. Unfortunately, my pre-health advisor said that some places screen below an 8 in any section - meaning you may not even get secondaries from some schools. I'm planning to retake. How were your aamc VR averages before your mcat? If you were only averaging an 8 (or even a 9), a retake would be risky. It won't look good if you retake and d0n't increase at least a few points in VR. On the other hand, if you were averaging a 10 or higher, it was probably a fluke and you should really consider a retake. My advice is to take a few days to really think about what to do next. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Last edited:
Average Practice Test: 28-30
Actual Score: 23 (7 ps / 11 vr / 5 bs)
Comments: Guess I'm not applying to medical schools this year after all. I felt like crap about the BS section but I would never have imagined doing that badly. Knew I should have voided the score. Normally got like a 9/11/9 on my practice tests with my best being a 33 one time. I'm so upset and angry with myself right now.

PS: Hopefully this helps a few people feel good about their score...

I have a very similar score. I'm absolutely shocked as well. Not sure what to do from here =/

Post-Test Expected Score: 30 (10/11/9)
AAMC Average: 31
Actual Score: 33 (11/11/11)
Comments: The bio section was hard, so I did much better than I expected there. Also out performed my AAMC average by two points, one VR point lower than my highest practice test ever.

The wait is finally over..
32 - PS13/VR8/BS11
English isn't my first language. Do most schools take VR8?
Does MSAR have any information about applicants whose English isn't their first language?

Post-Test Expected Score: 29-31
Actual Score: 27 (9/8/10)
Comments: My average was a 30. I don't know what happened. I am SOOOOOOO disappointed. To retake or not? Unfortunately I am not one of those people who has a spare 300 laying around to register. Also.... if I do retake can I submit my application on June 3rd still and just put that I will be retaking in July?
Have you applied for the Fee Assistance Program? It'll reduce the MCAT cost to $100

I have a very similar score. I'm absolutely shocked as well. Not sure what to do from here =/

I don't know about you, but I really don't have any choice but to push off my application. With a BS score of 5, there is no way any medical school is going to accept me. That's under a 10% score. I'm not looking to throw away thousands of dollars for a miracle to happen. I've already started planning to take it again next January and apply next year. I don't want to take it again really quickly and screw it up again. Hopefully I can do really well come January and have a kick ass application next year. I'll just have to find something to do in my year off.

I don't know about you, but I really don't have any choice but to push off my application. With a BS score of 5, there is no way any medical school is going to accept me. That's under a 10% score. I'm not looking to throw away thousands of dollars for a miracle to happen. I've already started planning to take it again next January and apply next year. I don't want to take it again really quickly and screw it up again. Hopefully I can do really well come January and have a kick ass application next year. I'll just have to find something to do in my year off.

What was your breakdown? Whats your GPA? I am not sure if schools have cutoffs, but if you do end up restudying for it, use TPR Science workbook for your biology practice questions.

AAMC Average: 34
Post-Test Expected Score:35 12/12/11
Actual Score: 33 (P11/V11/B11)
Comments: Slightly disappointed that I scored lower than my AAMC average, but I scored a 33 on the AAMC 11, so not a surprise. Overall, pleased with my score. Used TBR for everything except Bio, which I used EK. Did all of the AAMCs

AAMC Average: 36
Post-Test Expected Score: 35-38
Actual Score: 40 (14/11/15)
Comments: Felt somewhat confident in PS and BS after the exam but VR is always mehhhhh. Self-Studied EK for a month (while doing all of Kaplan topicals and in chapter practices) + 23 practice tests (all AAMCs, PR 3,4,5 that i got from a friend, all of Gold standards (1-10)) + the GS VR only + Princeton Review Hyperlearning VR only + EK VR only.

How did your GS FLs score compare to real/aamc scores? Do you mind telling us your individual GS scores? congrats!!

Congrats to everyone with a good score.

And to those who didn't meet their goals, keep at it, you will get there.

As for me, I am glad this test is behind me.

AAMC Average: 27-28
Post-Test Expected Score: 28
Actual Score: 28 (11/7/10)
Comments: Wish I could have broken a 30, but I really dont care. I am stoked at my 10 in biology, being that I am a nonscience major. I am glad I am past this first step.

Average Kaplan: 32
Post-Test Expected Score: 32-35
Actual Score: 35 (10 PS/13 VR/12 BS)
Comments: I am really happy with my score overall but am a bit worried about the PS being low.... Will most schools look more closely at individual scores or overall? I didn't really consider that before taking the test, but was looking on MSAR and at Northwestern, for example, my PS isnt even in the 10-90th percentile range...

Average Kaplan: 32
Post-Test Expected Score: 32-35
Actual Score: 35 (10 PS/13 VR/12 BS)
Comments: I am really happy with my score overall but am a bit worried about the PS being low.... Will most schools look more closely at individual scores or overall? I didn't really consider that before taking the test, but was looking on MSAR and at Northwestern, for example, my PS isnt even in the 10-90th percentile range...

From what I've heard, PS is the least considered score. Though there are differing opinions on whether VR or BS is weighted more, I've mostly seen Vr>Bs>Ps

Plus, you got a 10 in PS, the outlier scores are more worrysome when they are below 10...

EDIT: I think the reason for the second claim is that the difference between a 15 and 14 or a 14 and 12 is a lot different than a 10 and 8 (number of questions wrong-wise)

Average AAMC: 32-33 (Lowest AAMC#11 31, highest AAMC#7 35)
Post-Test Expected Score: 26-33
Actual Score: 31 (11 PS/ 9 VR/11 BS)
Comments: Hit my lowest AAMC score, and my lowest AAMC verbal from all my studying. I am seeing people on this forum who I followed and (without being cocky, but purely based on practice test scores) expected to score much better. I did not sleep a single minute the night before my test despite taking drowsy meds, and I think not sleeping is what killed my comprehension on verbal. I can't say I am pissed because I was fearing much worse and a 31 is within reach of acceptances, but I am most certainly not happy because I feel like I could have gotten a 33 on that test and I genuinely messed up given my preparation and practice tests.

Advice:
1)
I really, really... really really regret studying the day before and wish I had gone on an all day hike or running or soccer or something to tire me out. I sat on my ass reviewing note cards which were of zero value and left me completely not tired and nervous.

2)I knew SO much material, but used maybe 5-10% of what I learned. Know your stuff, but don't obsess over content review and notes. Focus on doing practice problems because this isn't a content based exam at all.

3)LEAVE AT LEAST A MONTH BEFORE JUNE FOR A RETAKE. I chose the other option of "studying a few more weeks to be a little more comfortable." That was almost a FATAL mistake. I would have gotten the same score several weeks before, but almost BOMBED this test which would have left me without any opportunity to retake and submit on time.

Anyway, well see what happens. Hopefully well all be accepted into med school in a few month and this nightmare will be over.

PS: Anyone think that 9 on Verbal and 31 composite is worth a retake this summer?

Post-Test Expected Score: 37
Actual Score: 38
Comments: Such a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders. I was shooting for above a 36, since I had been scoring at or above that consistently on the practice AAMCs. I usually do better in PS and worse in BS, but I am absolutely not complaining at all since my overall is up there. I think what mattered most to me was a solid background from taking the pre-reqs in college. I started reviewing material this Winter Break and turned on the gas during Spring Break with the practice exams, practice problems, etc. I probably studied about 5 hours each week from mid March to the test date. Congrats to everyone!

Last edited:
Average AAMC: 32-33 (Lowest AAMC#11 31, highest AAMC#7 35)
Post-Test Expected Score: 26-33
Actual Score: 31 (11 PS/ 9 VR/11 BS)
Comments: Hit my lowest AAMC score, and my lowest AAMC verbal from all my studying. I am seeing people on this forum who I followed and (without being cocky, but purely based on practice test scores) expected to score much better. I did not sleep a single minute the night before my test despite taking drowsy meds, and I think not sleeping is what killed my comprehension on verbal. I can't say I am pissed because I was fearing much worse and a 31 is within reach of acceptances, but I am most certainly not happy because I feel like I could have gotten a 33 on that test and I genuinely messed up given my preparation and practice tests.

Advice:
1)
I really, really... really really regret studying the day before and wish I had gone on an all day hike or running or soccer or something to tire me out. I sat on my ass reviewing note cards which were of zero value and left me completely not tired and nervous.

2)I knew SO much material, but used maybe 5-10% of what I learned. Know your stuff, but don't obsess over content review and notes. Focus on doing practice problems because this isn't a content based exam at all.

3)LEAVE AT LEAST A MONTH BEFORE JUNE FOR A RETAKE. I chose the other option of "studying a few more weeks to be a little more comfortable." That was almost a FATAL mistake. I would have gotten the same score several weeks before, but almost BOMBED this test which would have left me without any opportunity to retake and submit on time.

Anyway, well see what happens. Hopefully well all be accepted into med school in a few month and this nightmare will be over.

PS: Anyone think that 9 on Verbal and 31 composite is worth a retake this summer?

What's your GPA and what are your goals? 31 should be good if you have a decent GPA at some MD somewhere.

What's your GPA and what are your goals? 31 should be good if you have a decent GPA at some MD somewhere.
I have a pretty good GPA, but I don't have any research or community service. I have a Masters in Health Administration and many internships in hospitals.
As far as I see acceptance rates across the board for out of state are about 1-3%. In state are around 5% so I am worried

PS 9
VR 9
BS 12
Total 30

How I got a 12 on BS is beyond me. This is by far the best score I received out of any of my practice exams.

I left the exam thinking that VR was a slam dunk and that BS sank me! Really, really thought I did better on the verbal. Just goes to show ya I guess, go figure. Have faith my friends.

Think I might take it again...

Average Practice: I don't know exactly but I steadily increased with every test and got a 40 on the last two
Post-Test Expected Score: 40 (I was thinking 14/12/14 because that's how my practice tests had gone)
Actual Score: 39 (12 PS/12 VR/15 BS)
Comments: So I was kind of hesisitant to post this because I really didn't want to make anybody feel bad but let me tell you: I really needed this, my GPA is in the GUTTER. It's actually hilarious because I did my undergrad at an institution on the quarter system with no credit hours and my post-bac at an institution on the semester system WITH credit hours. I have absolutely no idea how to even begin to calculate my cumulative GPA. Anyway, I spent 180 hours studing for this across 4 months (while taking classes). I did Kaplan only and I read all of the material books and made flashcards as I went along of anything I wasn't solid on. I think the key way that I shuffled all my flashcards up, so I didn't just see all the material in the same order every time. Since it was winter I work a coat that had a bazillion pockets and had a pocket with fresh flashcards, a pocket where I put ones I knew, and a pocket where I put ones I didn't know. I was like a homeless person carrying around all my worldly flashcards. Even though people say that the practice problems are so much more important than the content (which is true) I think it is so much easier to feel confident about the unknown when you really know your material.

Average Practice: I don't know exactly but I steadily increased with every test and got a 40 on the last two
Post-Test Expected Score: 40 (I was thinking 14/12/14 because that's how my practice tests had gone)
Actual Score: 39 (12 PS/12 VR/15 BS)
Comments: So I was kind of hesisitant to post this because I really didn't want to make anybody feel bad but let me tell you: I really needed this, my GPA is in the GUTTER. It's actually hilarious because I did my undergrad at an institution on the quarter system with no credit hours and my post-bac at an institution on the semester system WITH credit hours. I have absolutely no idea how to even begin to calculate my cumulative GPA. Anyway, I spent 180 hours studing for this across 4 months (while taking classes). I did Kaplan only and I read all of the material books and made flashcards as I went along of anything I wasn't solid on. I think the key way that I shuffled all my flashcards up, so I didn't just see all the material in the same order every time. Since it was winter I work a coat that had a bazillion pockets and had a pocket with fresh flashcards, a pocket where I put ones I knew, and a pocket where I put ones I didn't know. I was like a homeless person carrying around all my worldly flashcards. Even though people say that the practice problems are so much more important than the content (which is true) I think it is so much easier to feel confident about the unknown when you really know your material.

Great score! Congrats. You also used Kaplan for verbal? I am interested to know how you got your 12 since that's a hard subject to make flashcards for.

THanks!!

Ok, so I know I posted my score already but I'm going to repost it in the format you guys have:

Test Date: 04/24/14
AAMC Average: 29.5
Post-Test Expected Score: 30
Actual Score: 33
Comments: I'm so glad it's over with. I definitely was peaking when I took the test with scores of 31,31, and then 32 on AAMC 11. I do believe I would have done better if I had started doing the practice tests earlier (1 month before the test date is NOT enough). By the last two weeks, I had a surplus of practice exams and I went ahead and took a test almost every day/ every other day. THIS WAS EXTREMELY strenuous and difficult. DO NOT DO THIS, DO NOT say, "hey if this guy can do then I can too." Those two weeks were mentally and physically exhausting and I neglected a lot of my life that final month simply trying to finish all the exams. For clarification, the first week of April I spent absolutely sick for the entire 7 days of the week with a fever. So, in actuality, I did my practice tests for about 3 weeks. If I had taken a week before the test to really not look at anything MCAT related , I'm confident I would have done much better and not psyched myself out.

The wait is finally over..
32 - PS13/VR8/BS11
English isn't my first language. Do most schools take VR8?
Does MSAR have any information about applicants whose English isn't their first language?

having just gone through a profile, i don't think so. that being said, and using Marshall (WV) as an example (you can't apply unless you're from the surrounding states but that's the one i just happened to click on in my favorites amongst lower MCAT score schools), the average is a 28 with a verbal 10%-90% range of 6-11, with a 9 being average. also, they only say an overall cutoff of 24 is required. i'd think if you were to apply to schools like WVU (WV; 29 avg), New Mexico (28 avg), LSU Shreveport (LA; 29 avg); and Arkansas (29 avg) you'd be quite competitive with a 32. congrats on your score by the way, i've gotten a 32 avg on my aamcs so far and english is my first language lol. i can't imagine taking [or even attempting] anything on the exam in a non-native language...

What was your breakdown? Whats your GPA? I am not sure if schools have cutoffs, but if you do end up restudying for it, use TPR Science workbook for your biology practice questions.

Breakdown was 7/11/5 for a total of 23. Both PS and BS were much lower than I scored on my practices. I knew BS didn't go well as soon as I left but I would never have thought I did that badly. I probably averaged a 8-9 on my practice exams easily for BS.

As for GPA, it's not great because I was a terrible student the first two years. I'm hoping that the improvement I've had since then will make up for it but who knows. I'm also not doing a science field (chemical engineering major) and took the majority of the science classes the first two years so that didn't do my science GPA any favors. I was aiming towards a lower end MD and DO schools anyways but with a score of 23 (and especially that 5 on BS), there's really no point. I'm going to give it another solid try for January and if it doesn't work out, then it doesn't work out. It wouldn't be the end of the world. I'm in a well paying engineering major as my backup and can see myself working in that field.

Test Date: 04/24/14
AAMC Average: 34.2
Post-Test Expected Score: 30 (11 ps, 8 vr, 11 bs); although it felt fair I had my doubts
Actual Score: 33 (12 ps, 10 vr, 11 bs)
Comments: Im just glad it's over with, had a lot of anxieties up until this day, but I guess my predictions were pretty close to my actual score. A little under my average, but I started having nightmares I didn't make it to the 30 mark. Wish I could provide more helpful advice, but this experience has been so tiring, if anyone has noticed I haven't even gone on Student Doctor since I took the test, been worrying about research and apps. But to those out there, just power through and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE and don't take it until you are ready.

having just gone through a profile, i don't think so. that being said, and using Marshall (WV) as an example (you can't apply unless you're from the surrounding states but that's the one i just happened to click on in my favorites amongst lower MCAT score schools), the average is a 28 with a verbal 10%-90% range of 6-11, with a 9 being average. also, they only say an overall cutoff of 24 is required. i'd think if you were to apply to schools like WVU (WV; 29 avg), New Mexico (28 avg), LSU Shreveport (LA; 29 avg); and Arkansas (29 avg) you'd be quite competitive with a 32. congrats on your score by the way, i've gotten a 32 avg on my aamcs so far and english is my first language lol. i can't imagine taking [or even attempting] anything on the exam in a non-native language...

Thanks for your comment!
VR was definitely hard for me, and I'm surprised and blessed to get an 8..
You haven't taken it yet? Good luck!