The Official April 2003 MCAT Score Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soonerpillow

Dime-a-dozen schmuck
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
No, they're not up yet, but I thought I would go ahead and start this thread and eliminate some confusion (multiple score threads) later.

So whenever the scores are released, go ahead and post your score, if you feel comfortable. We're not making you. But we've been through this together, so we're all interested in how you did. If you want you can just say whether you're happy with your scores or not.

However you did, I'm sure all of us here can attest to the fact that it took a lot of hard work and stress to get to this point. Anybody who went through the hell of this test deserves a pat on the back and a big happy clappy smiley. :clap:

So have at it. And good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by soonerpillow
Okay, I did it!

12 12 12 N

WOW, COngrats. I think we might be making it a little intimidating for others w/ all these 30 somethings.

Originally posted by steve007
WOW, COngrats. I think we might be making it a little intimidating for others w/ all these 30 somethings.

The early bird gets the 30+, eh?

Originally posted by soonerpillow
The early bird gets the 30+, eh?

Yup. I hope none of the MCAT authors are browsing this forum b/c they're gonna feel like a bunch of little wussies right now. they just got spanked by the SDN Morning Shift.

iamhere,
I got 37N also. I don't think the writing will hurt us much if at all based on what I've seen written in the forums. It's much better to screw up on writing than any other section by far.

Members don't see this ad :)
WOW, I can't believe these scores, and since they're all scaled, all i can say is WOW.

Yeah, I'm really shocked too...I had no idea I would do so well... I'm so sleepy it seems like a dream! Hopefully if I go back to bed they'll still be there when I wake up!

iamhere,
I got 37N also. I don't think the writing will hurt us much if at all based on what I've seen written in the forums. It's much better to screw up on writing than any other section by far.

YES!!! After never breaking 30 on any the practice tests, I finally did on the real one!!

11P, 10V, 10B, R for a 31R!!!!:clap:

Originally posted by kingcer0x
12 PS
09 V
12 BS
Q

i guess a 33Q isnt up to the 37-39 standard i see on those post but i am relatively pleased.

i know how you feel;) . congrats on the great score.

iamhere,

wow, some crazy scores out there! im thinking of retaking with my 30 since i didnt do much studying, but im very content with my score :)

now for the apps...

ok, someone's gotta post a bad score!!

8-v 8-p 10-b

26Q

At least I did above avg! And considering I didn't have time for 3 passages in each section, I'm strangely satisfied! :)

Congratulations to all!!

The important thing is that u took it, did ur best, and came out stronger!!

10 P
10 V
12 B

32 R .......I think I can handle that considering I had abdominal sugery the morning before the test

OK, I did reasonably well, but I got an L on the writing sample...what gives?!?!?!

Originally posted by basupran
OK, I did reasonably well, but I got an L on the writing sample...what gives?!?!?!

Yeah, Writing Sample sucks! Who needs it? I got an N both times. Can't say I'm that upset about it. But good job to those you who did well on it.

Same here with the writing section... 36M looks kinda awkward.

10V < I didn't think this section was as hard as the rest... weird
13B
13P
M :mad:

Oh well

I exceeded all of my expectations anyways

Congrats to all

10P 12V 11B - 33S!!!!! Oh my god, my knees are shaking, i'm so excited!!!! Congrats to EVERYONE!!! And I can't believe I got an S - I thought I totally messed up my first essay!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

What a relief! And way above my expectations 13P 12B 11V 36R!
I'm still in shock.

August 2002: v9, p9, b10 O
April 2003: v10, p11, b10 !!! O

YES FINALLY BROKE 30 MARK!!!!!!! Congrat to you guys with 36! But I am happy with me 31O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by AlternateSome1
11V 12P L 11B
34L
I am really not sure where the L came from, that's like 4-14 percentile. Oh well.

~AS1~

I am in a similar boat...what the hell hap with the writing sample?!?! I just looked in the MSAR, and the % applicants accepted with an L on the WS was very very low....below the 'not accepted hump....

Man was i sweating bullets as I was loging ino THX this morning.

38T

V12, PS14, B12,

Its funny how my scores turned out (had form BS). I thought I bombed the PS, rocked the verbal, and had no idea on the BS (had a strange Darwin passages on Geese). Didnt give a crap on the essays and read what you were supposed to do the night before the exam. I'm just glad I dont have to take this beast of an exam again.

Self-Study all the Way!!!!

Wow, you guys are awesome! Those are some great scores. :clap:

Me:
31P (11V, 10P, 10B)

wow. most u guys/gals kicked my arse.
My scores:
(V-9, P-10, B-12)
On writing I got an 'L'.
wtf.
should i retake in august? what yall think

It seems like a lot of people are getting unexpectedly low writing sample scores. I consider myself a decent writer and I got M, which is way lower than my PR instructor judged most of my writing. Oh well I'm a little below average for this amazing forum but I got 10P 12B 12V=34M. Good luck on the application cycle everyone

All you guys kicked arse! I got a measly 30Q but hey no retake here, 8PS, 11VR, 11BS, Q

Listen to all sitting for the August MCAT, you *must* make sure that you read all the passages to get double digits, my 8 in PS is due to running out of time and guessing at three whole passages! guess not too bad but still. You must not get hung up like a dog with a bone....on any passage. Good luck!

Ha ok well this is funny when posts start rolling out that poeple are not happy with 34s and seemingly the average in here is 36 and above.. dont worry poeple thi sis NOT representive of the applicant pool!!! congrats to you guys in here though you got some awsome scores! this was my third try, studied my asss off for a solid year between the three and busted out a 32 so 36s and up on your first try is amazing! but to the rest of you guys getting low 30s dont worry! I got accepted with a 29 including an 8 on the verbal so dont think u need a 36 by any means! but congrats guys to those awsome scores! youll defeintly enjoy your application cycle with those numbers!!

well done everyone!-:clap:

just remember, most of the students in my MCAT class would kill to have your "low" scores and have already taken the MCAT!

My first post is a nice one..

V-11 BS-12 PS-12 35M

I really thought i out did myself on the writing sample. shows how screwy it is...

had form AK......tough verbal....

Congatulations to everyone who has set their mark and enforced it. We spanked the MCAT like a red headed step-child :clap:

First of all, congrats to all of you who did so well! :)

I am going to post so maybe this thread seems a bit less intimidating to others out there.

29R

I am not thrilled with this score but not too upset either. I really was sure I would at least break 30, given where my last few practice tests were. I was expecting around a 30-32. Unfortunately, I don't think this score is going to be good enough for California, so I have some thinking to do....

32 O.
(9 V, 11 B, 12 PS0
Typically, in practice test at the end I got a 33-35, and never below a 33. oh well, still pretty good.

weird thing, is that I was gettint 35s and 36s in AAMC practice test, only days (may be a week) before the test.
Sonya

Ok, so I ended up with a 29P which like most others I am not delirious about but I am pretty happy. I just wanted to say that I totally agree about finishing sections. My verbal was consistently bad until I said that no matter what I am going to finish and it turned out well enough for me. Princeton's verbal strategy of skipping a passage or two is absolute $hit

well no 39 but i got a 13V 10P 11B so 34Q which is weird since i thought i rocked ps. oh well, i'm definitely happy with 34 :) gl everyone

wow....how glad am i that i wasn't addicted to this forum when i was taking the mcat. congratulations everyone. but i wanted to make a special note for those who are hesitant to post their scores or who are unhappy with them. its not the end of the world. mcat scores are not all schools look at, not by a long shot. that's not to say they can't help, but schools really do look at the whole package. i managed to get into a good california school with my decent (but not super fabulous) 31R. while a friend with a 36 struggled to get in anywhere. i also have a friend who took it 3 times before getting into a top 15 school. i'm not saying this to take away from anyone's great score, but i just know a lot of people get a little depressed with the release of these scores (and geez, looking at these scores sure makes me feel like a loser) and its not the end of the world. congrats again for just getting through it.

wait...i actually got a p on writing. just wishful thinking i guess.