The Official 9/11/2010 MCAT Club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PotentialDexter

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So it's going to be a sad day with the 9 year anniversary but post in here if you're taking the MCAT on this day!

Strategies? Preparation methods? Retaking/first time?

LET'S GOOOOO

Members don't see this ad.

Haha I was thinking about creating this thread but I got lazy and hoped someone else would do it. Way to step up!

This is my first time taking this test, and I'll be studying under a modified version of SN2ed's schedule (I included more FL's). My study schedule starts in a week and a half.

As Diddy once said... can't stop, won't stop!

So it's going to be a sad day with the 9 year anniversary but post in here if you're taking the MCAT on this day!

Strategies? Preparation methods? Retaking/first time?

LET'S GOOOOO

Haha I was thinking about creating this thread but I got lazy and hoped someone else would do it. Way to step up!

This is my first time taking this test, and I'll be studying under a modified version of SN2ed's schedule (I included more FL's). My study schedule starts in a week and a half.

Good luck!
I'm debating between taking a PR class and self-studying using SN2ed's schedule. Gotta decide soon LOL

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup! Just signed up, and am looking forward (...) to a jam-packed summer of studying...well, for the MCAT.

Nice to meet some comrades! :cool:

Haven't started studying yet (finals!). But good luck to you all!

Just curious - how many hours per day / days per week are you putting in this summer?

I'm basically devoting ALL of my time this summer to the MCAT minus one break day per week. So far its been rough... I've been staying up pretty late to get through all the work I have planned out for the day. But I am getting more efficient and should get in the right groove with a little bit more time.

And its pretty exciting to go back and master all the stuff I didn't understand that well in prereq classes.

Wow, that's pretty hardcore - but I guess you have to do what you have to do! I am not excited at all to start Content Review. Urgh, EK + TPR all the way ...

Will be writing for the FIRST time 9/11/10.
Taking the TPR course + EK BIO/VR + NOVA Physics. Started really studying this past weekend.
Good luck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm taking it also! I think i accidently made a 9/11 thread. Owell. But yah, im nervous about the test!

krnpanda - it's the 3 month mcat study schedule listed at the top of the main page. or i could just link it: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=623898. super helpful!

yeah, i think i responded on the other 9/11 forum as well.

I'm doing TPR course + SN2ed's schedule (loosely...it'll get done!).

Joining the club. I'm not sure if I will use SN2's schedule or create my own as I am pretty much going to be doing an intensive study of just Physical Sciences. Not sure what materials to use, I might pick up Kaplan's Q-bank. My schedule is narrowed by the fact that I'm starting my SMP in August. God I hate Physics.

Last edited:
well since i can't use the search function well enough to not make another (third? lol) 9/11mcat thread, i think i'm pretty set to go ahead and make a 49 on the mcat probably.

Count me in, too!

I started studying a few weeks ago but it was extremely inefficient...

Starting now! EK + TBR! Here we go :)

Good luck everyone! Let's ROCK IT.

Started studying in May for this exam using a modified version of SN2's schedule...I have a research gig this summer so I decided to start studying just after finals. Took my first FL today! Woop woop!

PS. Has anybody been using the EK 1001 physics book...I'm thinking of ditching it because I've just found it so frustrating....

Last edited:
hi guys....took the exam before an bombed it now i have to take it over....i had trouble studying bcuz it was in the middle of the semester. Any advice?

im not taking classes now...it was before i took the first one...i have no class now so im starting to study.

How is it going for everyone? It's been rough on my side but just trying to keep my eye on a prize and I remind myself that I need to give this test my ALL so I won't have any regrets. Best wishes to everyone!

Hey everyone... just wanted some advice on the biology part of the biological section how are you approaching the passages? they seem so long. I dont think i have a problem with nething else but the biology part. I think im just intimidated by it. Im not sure. Any suggestions??

When do people plan on taking practice tests to get ready for our 9/11 exam??

I'm still working through the content but I'm a little worried that I will only have 2ish weeks to take practice exams :scared:

I am taking it that day too. Started studying on June 6th. But it has been 4 years since physics and gen chem.

I'm still working through the content but I'm a little worried that I will only have 2ish weeks to take practice exams :scared:

August 5th until a few days before the exam. After content review, practice exams are the way to go IMO.

argg i got sucked back in :) sept 11 it is!

in answer to your question - from what i heard 2 weeks is borderline. you will have to write an mcat every other day, studying material in between. This doesnt mean you wont do well, it is simply a disadvantage.

I would recommend to begin writing the practice exams 3 or more weeks before your mcat date. according to my schedule i should start mine around august 6th, give or take two days. So i will start about a month ahead of time. Dont stress too much and see if you can compact your schedule.

I took AAMC #3 on June 30 and I was 2/3 of the way through my content review. I plan on taking AAMC 4-10 and BR 1-3 starting on August 2 after I finish content review.

Fell behind schedule on content review... was hoping to get 12-14 FL's in before the exam. Now it's looking like I'll only get in 8 or 9... ugh. Stay motivated guys, be consistent in attacking this test!

Fell behind schedule on content review... was hoping to get 12-14 FL's in before the exam. Now it's looking like I'll only get in 8 or 9... ugh. Stay motivated guys, be consistent in attacking this test!

I hear ya! So much to do, so little time. I get frustrated with myself that it's already July 23rd and that summer vacation is coming to a close soon.......where did the time go? :(

Anyways...good luck to everyone with their FLs! Thanks for the responses! :luck:

hey everybody!!

I'm taking the 9/11 test as well and I am getting SOOO nervous!! I'm a first timer. I started studying the first week of June and I'll be done with content review (using EK) in about 2 more weeks, then its practice, practice, practice until my head falls off! I'm nervous, but I can't wait to check MCAT off my to-do-list. Good luck to EVERYBODY and have faith. I know studying can be hard at times, especially with physics and gen chem!

I started studying on June 15th, so I'm about a good 2 weeks behind my 3 month schedule. :(

Frustratttttion!

But I'm trying to catch up to no avail. Is anyone is using TBR materials for G.chem, Physics, and O.chem?

Wtf is up with the TBR Physics passages, is it just me or am I completely ******ed when it comes to common sense?

And verbal is owning my ass. I have one test left for the EK 101 verbal. Then, I'm moving to the TPR verbal.

My averages so far:

Physics (TBR) - 9 (stupid waves sections! ugh!)
G. Chem (TBR) - 11
Verbal (EK 101) - 9
Biology (EK) - 11
O.Chem (TBR) - 11-12

I really don't know how to improve my verbal at all because I'm really not consistent. For some passages, I can get them all right and others I get only 2 questions right.

For physics, I just don't even know. I tend to make a lot of bad math estimations with rounding or just bomb with conceptual and application questions.

How is everyone doing in terms of reviewing?

I started studying on June 15th, so I'm about a good 2 weeks behind my 3 month schedule. :(

Frustratttttion!

But I'm trying to catch up to no avail. Is anyone is using TBR materials for G.chem, Physics, and O.chem?

Wtf is up with the TBR Physics passages, is it just me or am I completely ******ed when it comes to common sense?

And verbal is owning my ass. I have one test left for the EK 101 verbal. Then, I'm moving to the TPR verbal.

My averages so far:

Physics (TBR) - 9 (stupid waves sections! ugh!)
G. Chem (TBR) - 11
Verbal (EK 101) - 9
Biology (EK) - 11
O.Chem (TBR) - 11-12

I really don't know how to improve my verbal at all because I'm really not consistent. For some passages, I can get them all right and others I get only 2 questions right.

For physics, I just don't even know. I tend to make a lot of bad math estimations with rounding or just bomb with conceptual and application questions.

How is everyone doing in terms of reviewing?

Are you using SN2's schedule?

Edit: Anybody else getting really freaked out over the 6/17 MCAT thread?

Last edited:
Yup
freaking out is the right way to describe my anxiety levels. And we're still more than a month away from the devil.....
How long would you guys dedicate for FLs?

i here you coco chanel....and i'm dedicated 4 weeks for FL and other practice problems.

Are you using SN2's schedule?

Edit: Anybody else getting really freaked out over the 6/17 MCAT thread?

You're unfortunately right to get freaked out over the 6/17 thread. I was a part of the 6/17'ers and, while it is true that I understudied, I never got as low as my final 24 MCAT on any of my practice exams. I was miserable, and now I'm taking it with you guys. Good luck to everybody- support is crucial in slaying the MCAT. Hopefully, second time is the charm for me! :xf::xf::xf:

This will be my first MCAT and I've been freaking out for the past 2 years about taking this test. I've noticed however every time I began to allow myself to worry more my studying became worse. I would forget things that I knew I should know and just felt like I was failing. I almost decided to put off the test until Jan 2011, but then I decided that I am going to take charge.

Rather than allow the test to own me, I decided I'm going to own the test and my studying. I used to be the type that negative self talk would motivate me. I would beat up on myself for not performing like I know I should. I've decided that my future should not be about tearing myself down and that from now on I will basically look at things glass half full. I know this sounds like some typical "self-help" BS and it sounds almost childish but sometimes we need an intervention like that.

Keep up all your studying guys and good luck. Just try to remember that negative thinking and unnecessary stress is only going to bring you down. A little stress is good but there is a fine line that I think a lot of us cross too often.

Just some thoughts. Feel free to comment.

Did the first of 10 practice exams today! Got a 35 on AAMC 4! :D Although I "bombed" PS section :-/...but whatever...I'll be happy with a 35 on test day!

This will be my first MCAT and I've been freaking out for the past 2 years about taking this test. I've noticed however every time I began to allow myself to worry more my studying became worse. I would forget things that I knew I should know and just felt like I was failing. I almost decided to put off the test until Jan 2011, but then I decided that I am going to take charge.

Rather than allow the test to own me, I decided I'm going to own the test and my studying. I used to be the type that negative self talk would motivate me. I would beat up on myself for not performing like I know I should. I've decided that my future should not be about tearing myself down and that from now on I will basically look at things glass half full. I know this sounds like some typical "self-help" BS and it sounds almost childish but sometimes we need an intervention like that.

Keep up all your studying guys and good luck. Just try to remember that negative thinking and unnecessary stress is only going to bring you down. A little stress is good but there is a fine line that I think a lot of us cross too often.

Just some thoughts. Feel free to comment.

*Sigh* that is exactly how I'm feeling...stressed and overwhelmed. Almost a month left and I'm still doing content review. Doing practice here and there but not FLs. Can't wait to kill this MCAT beast. ughhhh.
How is everyone else doing in terms of doing content / practice problems / playing catch-up? Are you guys applying this year for entrance in 2011? I'm asking because I wondered if there is a list floating around on SDN with names of schools that accept September scores.

hey guys for the physics section im really struggling in regards of the math. not having a calculator is killing me. how are you guys calculating things such as sin37 or square root of 3 divided by 8 in ur head? if you guys have any tips on what to do please let me know. thanks