The Official 8/24/2010 MCAT club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lovedocta07

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just getting this started, this is my retake so im ready to destroy this test once and for all!!

Members don't see this ad.

Uggh! I seriously thought about voiding and still wonder if I should have. The PS was about as bad as the WORST Kaplan FL (that everyone warns you not to take.)

Normally, I'll get out of a test and look up stuff that I was iffy on to see if I got it right or wrong. But in this case, there was almost nothing I expected. I hate electrochemical cells and decibal problems, and was worried about those, but they weren't on there.... neither was kinematics, acid/base, or ANYTHING ELSE THAT MADE ANY SENSE.

The things that stopped me from voiding are a) maybe VS and BS saved me from that horrible PS section, and b) maybe with everything else, some miracle will happen and I'll squeak by and get in anyway.

Plus, void= retake, crappy score = also retake. I am thinking about retaking in September though, just because I feel like I was very well prepared, getting mid-30's on practice, but freaked out a little and got bogged down in calculations on the PS. I know I can get at least an 11-12 on PS under normal circumstances!

I also retook yesterday and I'm not sure how I did. My first exam was 6/17 - the verbal was extremely hard on that exam and I ran out of time on that section. My PS and BS scores were fine, but I retook for the verbal.

Does anyone know, do schools look at your best scores from each section?

I also retook yesterday and I'm not sure how I did. My first exam was 6/17 - the verbal was extremely hard on that exam and I ran out of time on that section. My PS and BS scores were fine, but I retook for the verbal.

Hey I also took the PM exam on June 17 and I retook the exam yesterday just because of verbal!! And I am wondering the same thing. Anyone?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has the MCAT always been this difficult? Or are they slowly making it more difficult than before?

Like said previously, PS was a little rough. For the most part, it was pretty identical to the AAMC practice tests, but the two passages that weren't... boy, they were not fun.

Think about the big picture though. If everybody thought it was difficult and did bad, the curving will reflect that. I also have payed pretty close attention to the other recent MCAT threads and it sounds like we got off easy yesterday. It sounded like in week past, verbal as always pretty easy, but that PS AND BS were difficult. I couldn't have been happer with BS, VR, WS, and I think I'm probably just over-reacting about PS because it was my first section and I was still trying to calm down.

I'm moderately bothered by how easy everyone is saying BS is. This is my Strongest section but I was unsure of many answers here. The Rearrangement passage was absolutely ridiculous and I had trouble with the RNA/Amino Acids passage

Ughhhh!!!! I keep replaying the questions in my head

I didn't have a rearrangement passage, so it is probable that if it is counted for you, the scaled score will reflect the difficulty. :xf: The RNA/amino acids passage was a little tricky on a couple of questions too :)

did you guys really think verbal was easy? i felt i had to guess on several questions, i really hope i got at least a 9.

I didn't have a rearrangement passage, so it is probable that if it is counted for you, the scaled score will reflect the difficulty. :xf: The RNA/amino acids passage was a little tricky on a couple of questions too :)

Do people think that the cohort who got a hard experimental passage will be scaled by themselves for the rest of the questions? Not sure if my question makes sense. I'm worried that because of the rearrangement passage that I spent so much time on, I didn't have as much time to check my other answers. I think that if I did have more time to check, I would seriously have reconsidered two of my other answers that ended up being wrong.

(silly mistakes, one with IR, one with muscle)

did you guys really think verbal was easy? i felt i had to guess on several questions, i really hope i got at least a 9.

I did not think verbal was easy..i had to guess on one whole passage...it is better than the 6/17 verbal but definitely not easy. I would be happy with 8+

But in this case, there was almost nothing I expected. I hate electrochemical cells and decibal problems, and was worried about those, but they weren't on there.... neither was kinematics, acid/base, or ANYTHING ELSE THAT MADE ANY SENSE.

that's basically how i feel, hahahahh... i honestly felt like there was no information on this test... not sure if that's good or bad :confused:

Did everyone have the ocean warming question? There were some calculations there that I had no idea how to do.

The bacterial purification was difficult but manageable. I spent 5 minutes just looking for one of the variables on the stupid diagram before I managed to find i.

Looking for answer on same Q other day:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=119179

I hate electrochemical cells and decibal problems, and was worried about those, but they weren't on there.... neither was kinematics, acid/base, or ANYTHING ELSE THAT MADE ANY SENSE.

The things that stopped me from voiding are a) maybe VS and BS saved me from that horrible PS section, and b) maybe with everything else, some miracle will happen and I'll squeak by and get in anyway.

Yeah, I didn't void b/c I think I did adequately well on verbal, which is not always the case.

there were acid/base with regards to amino acids. But overall I thought physics had a lot of molarity, volume, density, etc. calc that were complicated.
Also work with new equations for kinematics. But overall, just the calc is frustrating.

PS: wtf? Nothing like aamc 10. Would have liked to have seen more acid/base and harmonics.
V: Pretty similar to 10. There was only one passage that I found a difficult read, but I believe that is because it was a dry humanities passage.
W: Okay prompts, but who cares?
BS: Not too bad, but I spent to much time on the second organic question and had to do some quick reading and guessing on the CF passage. I can't believe organic gave me a G passage! I was very happy to see that!

As long as I scored higher on this retake, I'm cool with it! I'm so happy this is over though! Now I can enjoy football season!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been considering rescheduling for one of the September tests after yesterday's exam. I felt the PS had way more calculations than the practice and it ate up my time and I probably made calculation errors under pressure. Thinking back I know that I probably missed at least 6 questions.

On the practice exams I was scoring 11 to 13 on the PS, but probably didn't do so well on the real thing. Overall in my practices I got 32,34,34,35

you guys think I should register for one of the September exams to try again??? I know I'm capable of doing really well and it would be a bummer if I didn't.

First time poster, but I thought I'd give my review of yesterday.

PS - Sorry for saying this, but I actually thought this section was a godsend. All my friends had me so worried about killer passages and running out of time, but I thought this section was fine. I finished with 20 minutes left, reviewed maybe 10 questions, and only had about 5 hard ones. I'm the type of person who handles calculations with ease so that's probably why I thought our PS was manageable.
AAMC average - 13
Prediction - 13 (14 if we get that good curve most seem to expect)

VR - I averaged 11 on EK101, but I thought our passages were worse. The two difficult passages that others have mentioned through me for a loop, and I thought many questions, while understandable, were difficult to find answers for. Absolutely did not feel good about this section, but I did finish it all in good time.
AAMC Average - 10
Prediction - 9 :(

WS - Whatever. Couldn't get in the mood after VR. First essay was bad, second one was fine.
AAMC Average - R/S
Prediction - Q

BS - Definitely a comfortable section. No absolute killer passage, though some required more thought. Genetics was easy, orgo was fine. Unfortunately I had the test with only minimal orgo, and orgo is my specialty so a bit unlucky there. Like the AAMC, my mark will come down to those 5-10 questions that I wasn't 100% sure on. Felt very typical overall.
AAMC Average - 13.5
Prediction - 12

Overall it seems like we had an easy test. The sciences were certainly not harder for me than any AAMC practice, but very comparable. The verbal wasn't great, and it makes me feel worse to see everyone say it was easy. My only consolation is that I never quite felt good after AAMC verbal's either and I pulled 10 or higher on 80% of those tests.

Anyone else think verbal was at least a little difficult?

Good luck on all your scores!

Uggh! I seriously thought about voiding and still wonder if I should have. The PS was about as bad as the WORST Kaplan FL (that everyone warns you not to take.)

Normally, I'll get out of a test and look up stuff that I was iffy on to see if I got it right or wrong. But in this case, there was almost nothing I expected. I hate electrochemical cells and decibal problems, and was worried about those, but they weren't on there.... neither was kinematics, acid/base, or ANYTHING ELSE THAT MADE ANY SENSE.

Plus, void= retake, crappy score = also retake. I am thinking about retaking in September though, just because I feel like I was very well prepared, getting mid-30's on practice, but freaked out a little and got bogged down in calculations on the PS. I know I can get at least an 11-12 on PS under normal circumstances!

I'm in the same boat as you. I was doing well on the practice exams but feel that the PS section killed me this time. I did take one Kaplan FL and the physics section had lots of calculations and was similar to this one. But the scaling was much more generous also.

The question to be answered is to retake in September without knowing our scores or not to retake....grrr

I have been considering rescheduling for one of the September tests after yesterday's exam. I felt the PS had way more calculations than the practice and it ate up my time and I probably made calculation errors under pressure. Thinking back I know that I probably missed at least 6 questions.

On the practice exams I was scoring 11 to 13 on the PS, but probably didn't do so well on the real thing. Overall in my practices I got 32,34,34,35

you guys think I should register for one of the September exams to try again??? I know I'm capable of doing really well and it would be a bummer if I didn't.

I'm in the exact same boat as you. Same practice exam results, but felt the PS was a bummer. I'm still thinking if I should take the September one...
My GPA isn't so hot, so I'd like to have a high MCAT score. But here, that PS..dang..

I'm in the exact same boat as you. Same practice exam results, but felt the PS was a bummer. I'm still thinking if I should take the September one...
My GPA isn't so hot, so I'd like to have a high MCAT score. But here, that PS..dang..

After reading some more on this here's my reasoning.
1. Seems like the general consensus is that the PS was hard. Since the raw score will be curved it should be reflected on the final scale.
2. If we retake blindly there is always a possibility that we will do worse and it will look bad on our applications.
3. From what I have read on this site the majority of the people score very close to range of their AAMC practice tests.
4. I'm applying this year and since med schools will wait to review the application until the final MCAT score is in it will create a couple week delay in that process.

Based on this I'm just gonna go with this exam's result :cool:

Let me know what you decide to do and/or your reasoning.

thought the test went better than I expected. The PS seemed easier than the practice tests I had taken, I studied everything that was covered in the section and the calculations with estimations wasn't bad at all. VR the person next to me was on the writing portion and I was very distracted by her loud typing, but I was able to focus after the first passage and felt good. didn't put to much effort into the writing, probably get a average score and wasn't sure on a couple of questions in the BS but felt I did ok.

The more I think about it, the more I think I'm just going to end up retaking in the spring. I'm pretty sure Sept. is a little late for this cycle, since August was already pushing it. I don't want to take it in January because I have a fairly tough semester ahead, and again, too late for this cycle anyway. Most likely will keep up with light studying until Jan, a few practice problems and passages so I don't lose ground, maybe taking TPR and then repeat in May. It sucks to be a year behind!

The thing is: I felt really well prepared, wasn't even terribly nervous and had been scoring well in practice. So I'm trying to look on the bright side, saying if I'd been doing "fine" (mid-30's) then I can ROCK with even more practice. Calculation speed is a real problem of mine, but it hadn't been an issue on practice tests because the heavy calculation problems were rare enough that I either had time or if I did mess up, it wasn't that many problems.

Yeah, me too. This fawkin' sucks. I'm trying to remember the numbers I was given to see if I got the right answers.

Sorry to selectively quote you here, but I figured it was better than bolding sections of your post. The orgo on the BS section is so random from test to test in terms of the number of orgo passages out of seven and their difficulty level. It really is the most unpredictable aspect of the exam. The BR orgo book was supposedly a gift from the Gods early in the year before it became unnecessary in terms of details for the last few exams. Your comment seems like the pendulum has started to swing back again and the content is solid. No matter what, you need to be prepared for both an easy orgo version and a difficult orgo version.

I am so glad to read that one thing held true again. As always, it's still a reasoning test that requires a little background knowledge. You hit on a point that I try so hard to emphasize when I tutor: sometimes you don't really need to calculate an answer on a question that looks like a calculation question. You can often eliminate three wrong answers using intuition faster than calculating a correct number. I hope the tricks you speak of were useful.

Sorry you voided, because it sounds like you had a bead on the test this time. I'm sure you will do well on your next sitting, because you get this exam so well.

Lol, i actually voided because of the stupid writing section. i went in with the intention to void and after doing the PS, i thought i should score. verbal wasn't bad so i thought i was going to score but i'm pretty sure i've have gotten an N on the writing or worse. I did not read about the writing section or the format. i like to have the assurance that my answers are good.
I'll say all the orgo questions were stuff i'd seen in TBR orgo book 2 except for the intergrated NMR question which is something covered in book 1. too bad i read book 1 twice and book 2 only once because i thought the stuff in there didn't have a high probability of showing up.

I actually regret voiding because the consensus here is that schools don't care about the writing. Too bad i passed on an easy exam but i think if i know TBR orgo and gen chem cold, i should be good. i worked with those books for 2 months and even though i hadn't studied the month before the test, i still remembered. i think the Physics almost looked like one of the passages in TBR that intergrated several different topics but while i hated doing TBR physics passages just cuz it got me frustrated, it was good practice to help me see a bigger picture. I did tons of gen chem passages in TBR so i was smiling at the questions. PLUS, those the tricks and short cuts in the books are soo worth the price. Heck, i finished PS with time to go over cuz some questions. AAMC throws numbers in the question to make you think you have to calculate but all you have to know is stuff like mass is constant and an equation doesn't depend on mass. i think i saw that in EK.
First thing i did when i got home was change my study plan from using TPR books as my first line of study to TBR. TPR bio and phys is still on my list. My goal is to know those books inside out. it was all in there, it's just a matter of remembering but as it says "if you study it, it will come".

Again, all the best to those who took it. i really think you'll do well.:luck:

Congrats everyone!

I'm glad I decided to take this after my sophomore year. I definitely did not perform as well as I should have on the real deal.

I scored a 13 and 14 on the PS from my last two AAMC's, but I would estimate I only got a 10 on the real deal.

Looking back, verbal was actually easier than I was used to, aside from the first passage and the canon passage.

WR....well I typed words at least.

BS was not easy for me as I have only taken 2 freshman bio courses.

Overall, I think I let myself get discouraged after my poor performance on the physical section. I'm happy to have this experience under my belt, and I hope it will help me perform better next summer.

I took took this dreaded test on the 24th. It was rough...for me at least

Like the majority of you I was caught with the multi-step long PS sections...I am not the greatest at Physics I grant you, but this seemed harder than the AAMC practice tests especially AAMC 10.

Verbal was not so bad. But that first passage...what was that about...I really have no idea why the person was babbling on about it...and all I kept thinking was "Hand-Hammer-Nail...the hand does not know about the hammer...why is this nonsense even important..." When I attempted to explain the paragraph to a friend they simply go "WHAT? That is nonsense!" I felt the same. Other than that it wasn't too bad.

The prompts were the prompts. Least important part and they were not too bad. Though I did not enjoy the second one as much. It was harder to stay non-controversial (for me at least).

Bio was not what I expected. Seemed like there was more genetics on this one. I did not really notice too much on anatomy, and the Orgo passage with the strange rearrangement threw me. Maybe there just seemed to be more genetics on it as I tend to read way into genetics passages and get pretty turned around when I over-think the question. Either way, it was my first time taking it and I am hoping for a decent score so I do not have to take it again in January. But, who knows.

I was a little more nervous on this than I probably should have been and walked out thinking I failed everything and would probably be the first person to ever get a 3 on the MCAT. But, like I said, I was pretty nervous.

Overall I am hoping for between a 27-30 but not sure. I made a 32 on AAMC 10 (10-12-10) and would LOVE to pull that on this one but I do not think it will happen without a curve, act of God, or if someone would like to send cookies to the people who oversee the grading....

After reading some more on this here's my reasoning.
1. Seems like the general consensus is that the PS was hard. Since the raw score will be curved it should be reflected on the final scale.
2. If we retake blindly there is always a possibility that we will do worse and it will look bad on our applications.
3. From what I have read on this site the majority of the people score very close to range of their AAMC practice tests.
4. I'm applying this year and since med schools will wait to review the application until the final MCAT score is in it will create a couple week delay in that process.

Based on this I'm just gonna go with this exam's result :cool:

Let me know what you decide to do and/or your reasoning.

Yeah, I decided not to retake. Your points are exactly what I was thinking :D

Best of luck to you, and everyone else :)

I took took this dreaded test on the 24th. It was rough...for me at least

Like the majority of you I was caught with the multi-step long PS sections...I am not the greatest at Physics I grant you, but this seemed harder than the AAMC practice tests especially AAMC 10.

Verbal was not so bad. But that first passage...what was that about...I really have no idea why the person was babbling on about it...and all I kept thinking was "Hand-Hammer-Nail...the hand does not know about the hammer...why is this nonsense even important..." When I attempted to explain the paragraph to a friend they simply go "WHAT? That is nonsense!" I felt the same. Other than that it wasn't too bad.

The prompts were the prompts. Least important part and they were not too bad. Though I did not enjoy the second one as much. It was harder to stay non-controversial (for me at least).

Bio was not what I expected. Seemed like there was more genetics on this one. I did not really notice too much on anatomy, and the Orgo passage with the strange rearrangement threw me. Maybe there just seemed to be more genetics on it as I tend to read way into genetics passages and get pretty turned around when I over-think the question. Either way, it was my first time taking it and I am hoping for a decent score so I do not have to take it again in January. But, who knows.

I was a little more nervous on this than I probably should have been and walked out thinking I failed everything and would probably be the first person to ever get a 3 on the MCAT. But, like I said, I was pretty nervous.

Overall I am hoping for between a 27-30 but not sure. I made a 32 on AAMC 10 (10-12-10) and would LOVE to pull that on this one but I do not think it will happen without a curve, act of God, or if someone would like to send cookies to the people who oversee the grading....

I find it quite funny and ironic that your avatar is "foreigner" in Japanese and yet your Verbal English score is so high (12)!

I like your optimism! Just try again if you fail the first time.

Now I would just need your name and other info to send the cookies...

I find it quite funny and ironic that your avatar is "foreigner" in Japanese and yet your Verbal English score is so high (12)!

I like your optimism! Just try again if you fail the first time.

Now I would just need your name and other info to send the cookies...

I'll go in 50:50 on the cost of the cookies if I can get my name on them too.

Well the name is a bastardized version of the Japanese world gaijin which is a shortened version of the word if I recall correctly. It does mean foreigner, but is more a kin to the term outsider as it is considered a bit of an insult or, at the very least, a mechanism of letting one know that they are not Japanese I would guess. As for my English, I am born and raised in Florida. I am even (literally) Native American. I speak English natively. I just think that I never really fit in so I am always the outsider because I see (or attempt to anyway) as many sides to things as possible. So, I guess I just dig the idea and word and lessen its negative connotation by making it fit my needs.

Benzion, I feel the same way for sure.

I think nearly everyone can agree that PS was really tough. Enough has been said about PS, but i have been scoring 12-14 (mostly 14) on all 8 of the practice tests I have taken (both Kaplan and AAMC). There is no possible way that the conversion score for this test will be as strict for PS as it is for the practice AAMC tests or I don't think ANYONE could get a 14-15...well maybe 10 people in the nation, but that's not how this test works. I honestly don't know what to expect for my score in PS, but I can't imagine missing less than 7 and I have only missed 1-3 on the other AAMCs.

Verbal--basically I agree with everyone else. I don't think this was leaps and bounds easier than other tests, but I think it was as easy as just about any practice test I have taken--maybe slightly easier than normal. And I'm pretty bad at Verbal comparably (9-10 on every practice test).

BS--This is where my opinion differs from most other posters. I have found BS pretty easy on the other AAMC practice tests I have taken (11-13 on all of them). However the scale has been pretty strict--I haven't been able to miss more than 5-7 questions in order to get the scores I got. On this test, there were 2 pretty tricky passages (both more tricky in my opinion than any passages from the 3 AAMC practice tests I have taken). These were the Organic Rearrangement and the Diver passages. BUT, regardless of whether or not someone found these tough, there were still a lot, relatively, of questions I was really uncertain about even on the easier passages (I'd guess 8). Maybe I just didn't do as well on the BS Section as usual, but in my opinion this was tougher than AAMCs 6,8, or 10 by a pretty decent amount. I don't understand how people have thought this section was so easy.

Overall, I think this test was much more difficult than I anticipated. It was very similar science-wise to a tougher Kaplan FL--which has a very lenient scale compared to AAMCs. I'm just hoping this test has the same scale as Kaplans on the Science sections or I am in very rough shape...

I've been trolling this forum for a while...its time I contribute. :)

PS: I only remember the bacterial purification passage and a few discrete questions. It was a pleasant surprise to see more chem than physics.Overall,I'm happy that I worked on my calculation skills because I was not expecting to do that many calculations.

VR: Not sure how I did on this section, but I felt like it was easier than the practice tests. The first passage my face went :eek:... so I went onto the paper vs. computer passage. It's sad that I still remember the order in which I tackled the passages and the passage topics.

WS: I just type and edit. There isn't much else to do. If anyone is concerned about this section, I say practice making outlines or reading the news for examples.

BS: I got two Ochem passages and the mechanism one is still haunting me. Actually, this section still haunts me. Normally this section is the easier because the topics are familiar and I end up with 15 mins left to go over the test. My pacing was slightly off and I spent too much time on a few questions (that diving one).

I'm still suffering from PMSD (post MCAT stress disorder). Some days I think the test wasn't bad, other days I think I had my @$$ handed to me.

Anywho...the best scenario I don't have to retake and the worse is I have to retake.

Also this was my first time seating.

All in all...this test was a #$@!. I did not feel good about the test AT ALL...and I was averaging a 37 on the AAMC practice exams!

Right now, I'm just hoping for anything over a 30...I really don't know what to do. I feel like crap about this test, and I really don't want to have to do it again.

Anyone else feeling the same way?

Just want to know what I got...I really hope I got lucky.

Also...did everyone get that PAMP's passage (immunity) on the MCAT? Reeally hoping that was experimental....

I don't remember too clearly, but I remember there was a passage or two where I was like 'wtf is this?' and ended up making educated guesses.

Yea, I feel the same. I was averaging mid 30's-ish on practice exams, but this one...I'll be happy with a 30+ lol. If not, I'll end up retaking it in January..ugh.

It seems as if a lot of people felt the same about the exam, so there might be a curve! fingers crossed !!

I know what you mean...I found this test incredibly difficult.

All in all...this test was a #$@!. I did not feel good about the test AT ALL...and I was averaging a 37 on the AAMC practice exams!

Right now, I'm just hoping for anything over a 30...I really don't know what to do. I feel like crap about this test, and I really don't want to have to do it again.

Anyone else feeling the same way?

Just want to know what I got...I really hope I got lucky.

Also...did everyone get that PAMP's passage (immunity) on the MCAT? Reeally hoping that was experimental....

Yeah dude, I feel the same way. I studied so much for this exam and I was getting 38-40 on the AAMC practice tests, but overall this one was a lot harder, especially PS. But now that I think about it, BS was hard as well, it just seemed easy compared to PS I think. I really don't want to have to take this test again but I fear that I might have to.

yea i was avg. between 32-36, and i though this physics was really hard. The questions were insane variable manipulations and calcs and i sometimes could not find the answer from the choices... and guessed blindly.

But yea, do you guys have any idea how the verbal curve would work, i guessed C on the last question without reading and kinda freaking out about it.

Lastly bio was not too bad. But i definitely had a lot of guesses.

hope we all do great, and the curve is good!

yo seriously...holy ****. i feel like im digressing in my development as a human being because i want the scores to this test so badly, that i feel like a little kid screaming for an ice cream cone

Is anybody else having nightmares about this ****ing test? I've already gotten a 26, 29, 28, etc and each time I wake up and go "fuuuuuuuuuck" when I realize it's a dream.

Also, I don't remember **** about what was on the test. This makes me worried.

Here is my prediction for next month, it will be interesting to see how close I was:

PS VR BS
10 9 10

Let's hope I am dead wrong.

PS: (10-11)-never got less than a 13 on any practice test
VR: (8-9)-this will screw me over. practice test range (6-10)
BS: (11-12)-i hope (avg. 11-13)

(29-32)

I find it interesting that if you compare posts from test day to today, as time goes along the overall perception of the test is becoming more negative. You guys should probably just relax. Most likely the majority of you scored at about your average if previous polls and previous MCAT threads are any indication. Worrying about it changes nothing. You already scored what you scored and if it isn't good enough you will study and take it again until you get what you need to get into med school.

."Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present."
- Marcus Aurelius.
:thumbup:

Best of luck on your scores!

its crazy how much of a rollercoaster your feelings about your score will go through. I know the test is done, graded and nothing I can do about it now. But..one day i'll feel confident saying hey, who's to say you got the majority of your guesses correct! you could have balled out!! then the next day im like man, i really wouldnt be surprised with a 25..FML. Trying not to think about it, but i'd be lying if I said it wasn't always in the back of my head.

its crazy how much of a rollercoaster your feelings about your score will go through. I know the test is done, graded and nothing I can do about it now. But..one day i'll feel confident saying hey, who's to say you got the majority of your guesses correct! you could have balled out!! then the next day im like man, i really wouldnt be surprised with a 25..FML. Trying not to think about it, but i'd be lying if I said it wasn't always in the back of my head.

I always thought you got a 45 on your MCAT for some reason.

I find it interesting that if you compare posts from test day to today, as time goes along the overall perception of the test is becoming more negative. You guys should probably just relax. Most likely the majority of you scored at about your average if previous polls and previous MCAT threads are any indication. Worrying about it changes nothing. You already scored what you scored and if it isn't good enough you will study and take it again until you get what you need to get into med school.

."Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present."
- Marcus Aurelius.
:thumbup:

Best of luck on your scores!

That's a very good quote.

20 more days! Summer absolutely flew by, and now I feel like time is standing still. At this point I just want to know one way or another how I did, good or bad.

19 days! How's everyone holding up in school, work, etc?

Definitely anxious. When I'm not busy with grad school (epidemiology at JH) the thoughts of MCAT and MCAT scores creep into my head. Sometimes I day dream of checking my scores online which have been equally mixed between being happy with the score and being destroyed. hahah.

18 more days!