The Official 8/15/13 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Roxas

Giggity!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome August 15ers! Thought I'd get this started since anyone doing a 3 month study schedule is going to be starting up soon. Good luck to everyone, and hopefully we can help each other out through this beast!

I just sat for the 4/26 exam which was pretty rough, and I know given the summer to study I can do much better. Let's do this!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
47% trial section, Sociology/Psychology.

Never taken a Psych or Soc class in my life, I think they gave to me because I'm an Econ major.

Whatever, I guessed on like everything and got a free $30, not bad.

If you bothered to read my post properly instead of jumping at a pathetic chance to get at me, you would know that I wrote "biochem," which is entirely distinct (though subtly) from "biology.". Also, you would have noticed that OP explicitly wrote "biochem," and therefore I was disagreeing with that assertion as such. It is impossible to get both psych and biochem. He is mixing the two subjects up, which is why I facetiously called it a "hallucination."

Basic biochem IS a part of bio. We can only speculate because as far as I can tell, you didn't even test on this date, and OP can't tell us any specifics about the questions. I don't understand at how laughing at someone and joking about their "hallucinating" is helpful. You seem to be trolling this thread to make fun of people, most of whom are here because we actually tested on this day and are waiting for our scores.

Basic biochem IS a part of bio. We can only speculate because as far as I can tell, you didn't even test on this date, and OP can't tell us any specifics about the questions. I don't understand at how laughing at someone and joking about their "hallucinating" is helpful. You seem to be trolling this thread to make fun of people, most of whom are here because we actually tested on this day and are waiting for our scores.

Y u mad tho

People joke/troll on these forums. It makes the world go round. (Joking != making fun of people.) Learn how to take a joke, man. It'll make waiting for your scores more bearable.

Members don't see this ad :)
guys I'm so scared and nervous. I can't stop thinking about it, and it's distracting me from school work. I keep thinking about the worst case scenario ugh.

Does it help you to know that we all are scared ****less? Lol

haha it's what I thought anyways. I can't believe score report day is so close; time really flew. I'm not going to lab on Tuesday, and I stocked up on ice cream, tissues, and other comfort items. I really just hope I get at least a decent score at this point, you know?

I feel the same way. Even though I didn't take it on this test date, I feel like I already know my score to be 8/11/9

Want to know something pathetic? I'm binging on doctor TV shows like scrubs and house because I know that once I get my MCAT score I won't be able to watch them again haha

Want to know something pathetic? I'm binging on doctor TV shows like scrubs and house because I know that once I get my MCAT score I won't be able to watch them again haha

Hey, you never know.. although if you're going for the doctor TV shows I highly recommend Hopkins or Boston Med. Better than Scrubs and House; way better than Grey's.

haha it's what I thought anyways. I can't believe score report day is so close; time really flew. I'm not going to lab on Tuesday, and I stocked up on ice cream, tissues, and other comfort items. I really just hope I get at least a decent score at this point, you know?

That's a fantastic idea. I think I'll go stock up on that stuff too, plus watch Braveheart and The Patriot, cause those make me bawl every time and might be a good emotional release lmao.

And my expectations have steadily fallen as this month has progressed, so I'm with you on that.

I was doing ok with keeping my mind off my score, but my family/friends keep asking me when I get my results, which makes it really hard to not worry about it

Yeah everyone has been saying "Oh it's the 15th how did you do?" Friends of mine didn't tell anyone when they tested, I'm thinking that may have been a good idea but oh well.

Just hoping I won't have to give this a third go! :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
I was doing ok with keeping my mind off my score, but my family/friends keep asking me when I get my results, which makes it really hard to not worry about it

I really hate this too. I haven't really been talking to my friends these days almost solely because of this. And it doesn't help that my parents are pretty much telling everyone that I took the test and am waiting for the score... :bang:

I really hate this too. I haven't really been talking to my friends these days almost solely because of this. And it doesn't help that my parents are pretty much telling everyone that I took the test and am waiting for the score... :bang:

Right?! I mean some of my pre-med friends keep saying "Tuesday" and smiling and I'm like.. Pause: No. I'm actually making my roommate look because I'm a little girl. *sigh*. I'm predicting 8/8/8 :( but hey life goes on. Resilient, all in good time I suppose.

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1379360580.444829.jpg

Hmm, I have not received my 30 dollar amazon gift card for doing the trial version. Should I ask, I know that I had a computer error in the end of my exam, could that explain why I have not received it yet? I am worried that my exam was not scored or saved =(. Sigh, I hate this test so much. Should I call AAMC and ask?

Right?! I mean some of my pre-med friends keep saying "Tuesday" and smiling and I'm like.. Pause: No. I'm actually making my roommate look because I'm a little girl. *sigh*. I'm predicting 8/8/8 :( but hey life goes on. Resilient, all in good time I suppose.

Yeah sometimes I want to slap my friends but most of them have been pretty cool about it. I want to expect a low score so I'm not too disappointed when I check tomorrow but then I keep thinking "But I need this score!" Sigh.

I was freaking out about the scores a couple of days ago, and now i've shifted my attitude to idgaf. That way if i get a 20, I won't be curled up on the floor crying my eyes out.

I was freaking out about the scores a couple of days ago, and now i've shifted my attitude to idgaf. That way if i get a 20, I won't be curled up on the floor crying my eyes out.

Haha I feel the same way. I'm just going to apply with whatever score I get, and if that has to be Joe's Caribbean School of Human and Horse Medicine, so be it.

Hmm, I have not received my 30 dollar amazon gift card for doing the trial version. Should I ask, I know that I had a computer error in the end of my exam, could that explain why I have not received it yet? I am worried that my exam was not scored or saved =(. Sigh, I hate this test so much. Should I call AAMC and ask?

Dang man that's freaky, I would definitely call and ask, because worrying about not getting a score at all would drive me nuts tomorrow. It doesn't happen all that often, but if you peruse the MCAT threads you'll see quite a few people that got totally screwed by no fault of their own. I can't wait for this ordeal to be over...

If you do poorly, how do you even study again for it having done all aamc stuff and a majority of test prep? Just do another test prep?

If you do poorly, how do you even study again for it having done all aamc stuff and a majority of test prep? Just do another test prep?

What did you use to study the last time? I just tried other test preps. Hopefully better/more comprehensive ones. It was easier to choose for me since I went with EK the first time and TPRH/Kaplan/khan academy/anything I could get my hands on the second time.

What did you use to study the last time? I just tried other test preps. Hopefully better/more comprehensive ones. It was easier to choose for me since I went with EK the first time and TPRH/Kaplan/khan academy/anything I could get my hands on the second time.

I used all the test preps really, but didnt finish all their material..

Im sure you could just keep doing the problems you didnt get to from that test prep, but my biggest concern is haveing used all the aamc stuff available, and i mean ALL aamc stuff.

Im sure you could just keep doing the problems you didnt get to from that test prep, but my biggest concern is haveing used all the aamc stuff available, and i mean ALL aamc stuff.

Yeah, I see what you're saying, I would be in the same boat. AAMCs would certainly lose some of their value as far as spontaneous test simulation and novelty would go, but depending on how much time I had, I might try challenging myself to see just how high I can bump my scores on ONE more play-through of the set.

If you're at the point of having memorized the answers, then see if you hit a 45 on that merit alone, but if not, that should still give you some semi-accurate indicators of what you failed to learn from those tests the first time around.

Nonetheless, it would be tough to proceed from there. I'm not sure I would want to go backwards from AAMC to third-party tests.

Good luck everyone! My dad gave me this gem of advice this morning and it made me feel a bit better:

"You could be great at 1,000 things, and the MCAT could be that one thing that you aren't. But there's a good chance that being a doctor is."

Good luck everyone! My dad gave me this gem of advice this morning and it made me feel a bit better:

"You could be great at 1,000 things, and the MCAT could be that one thing that you aren't. But there's a good chance that being a doctor is."

mind = blown

Good luck everyone! Just remember that you're worth more than a test score seriously. You all will probably score around your practice ranges, and if you don't then don't worry! You just had a bad day and can retake it !! That's what I'm telling myself anyways and it's keeping me calm so far~

Between 1:00 and 1:30 (MDT) but the usual seems to be around 1:08. After looking through a ton of MCAT threads I don't think they've ever waited until 5 PM ET to release them.

O Grady is correct..........it seems that it does not matter what they said on the site, based on what I have observed way back to Jan 2012, the releases, at least from the past, had been about 3:10 +/- 8 min or so (EDT) or 1:10 something for (MDT). Last round a week ago was ~ 3:08 (EDT)

Hope AAMC does not throw a curve ball at us today and either release early or worst late. Cross our fingers.

Thanks.

The wait was bad... but this... the wait on the day of release... its horrendous. I'm non-functional.

I'm racing to get my homework done for the week in case I get crushed by my score. I don't want to have to worry about my interview/MCAT score/assignments/grant proposal all at once :S

Do they release an email saying scores are out or are you guys just constantly refreshing ?