The Official 7/16/2010 MCAT club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yips

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who else is taking the MCAT on July 16th 8 AM?

Members don't see this ad.

Let's do this, mentally or physically. Speaking of physical, I may need to go to the gym for the third time today.

this is driving me crazy. at least this thread is really long and full of people going through the same vomit inducing anxiety :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
The closest thing I can relate this experience to is that feeling you get when you have to pee so badly, but you can hold it for just a little bit longer as you drive home and park your car... Until you finally reach your door and start fumbling with your keys... by this point you feel like you're about to explode and if you don't get the key in the door soon a little might even leak out...

Right now we're all at the door fumbling with our keys... Come on!!! Open it up!!!

Chemdude-Thank you for posting that video, I now have the song endlessly looping in my head. It's like my own personal Bollywood.

My thoughts on the MCAT,
Anybody who has spent years out in the professional world knows that the reality of performing on the job has nothing to do with what grades you get in school or how you perform on standardized tests.
After ten years working as an Architect I can tell you that no matter what profession you are in, on the job learning is not actually about learning, it is about understanding yourself well enough to internalize the process and apply your particular skills to the profession you are participating in. Standardized testing cannot test a person's will or ability to participate and succeed in that process which takes years to execute.
From this professional's point of view, the score I get today may make it easier or more difficult for me to get into a medical school, but it does not define my abilities anymore than my name does.
That being said, I am furious with this whole process, I feel like I'm going to puke on myself, and I wish you all the best of luck with your scores today. If your presence in this forum, displaying your fears and anxieties, are any indication of your dedication to the profession than I proclaim to you all that you are displaying the commitment needed to succeed.

Maybe its taking this long cause God somehow convinced the AAMC people to give us a generous curve, and since nothing is free, he (she) has to make us pay by torturing us with this unbearable anxiety. Its now 2:03 pm and I think I've paid my debt God.

can't say im really worried about my score. my mom assures me that i did AWESOME.

Members don't see this ad :)
Chemdude-Thank you for posting that video, I now have the song endlessly looping in my head. It's like my own personal Bollywood.

lol! Well, now you don't have to think about the MCAT because you have the song in your head.

My thoughts on the MCAT,
Anybody who has spent years out in the professional world knows that the reality of performing on the job has nothing to do with what grades you get in school or how you perform on standardized tests.
After ten years working as an Architect I can tell you that no matter what profession you are in, on the job learning is not actually about learning, it is about understanding yourself well enough to internalize the process and apply your particular skills to the profession you are participating in. Standardized testing cannot test a person's will or ability to participate and succeed in that process which takes years to execute.
From this professional's point of view, the score I get today may make it easier or more difficult for me to get into a medical school, but it does not define my abilities anymore than my name does.
That being said, I am furious with this whole process, I feel like I'm going to puke on myself, and I wish you all the best of luck with your scores today. If your presence in this forum, displaying your fears and anxieties, are any indication of your dedication to the profession than I proclaim to you all that you are displaying the commitment needed to succeed.

Well said.

Yet it needs to exist. The licensing and the Steps will be much harder than this exam. Like you said, this is by far no determinant.

Omg finally! Omg omg omg im so excited!!!!!!!
I thoguht i failed!
I got
verbal: 13
physics: 12
bio: 14
writing: S

omg i thought i was gonna have to go to carribean!!!!!

Holy crap. I haven't been nervous really the last week, but reading this thread and also the anxiety from this morning is making me very uncomfortable.

I'm more nervous now than I was pre-exam.

haha wtf ? major goon - most of time people who score 39 are a little more articulate and use correct punctuation - just a heads up for next time troll

haha yall got owned. lol @ people calling for a ban... just shows how much his comment was needed

am I the only one who will wait until after work to check?

I plan on making it an event. last time it was terrible to see the whole thing at the same time. so this time I will be checking one section at a time and having a beer in between at the bar. By the time I get my entire score I would probably be too drunk to care...

35Q

12/11/12

I got a 34/36/36 on aamc 4/8/10

So yeah, about as expected.

11/10/12 P. verbal wasnt as bad... thought i got an 8 or something haha still kind of disappointed esp. in writing

you dun goofed. Consequences will never be the same...

aaaaaah hahaha.... love this video

"YOU BUNCH OF LYING NO GOOD PUNKS!! AND I KNOW WHO ITS COMING FROM, BECAUSE I BACK-TRACED IT!! AND I KNOW WHO IS EMAILING AND WHO IS DOING IT, AND YOU'VE BEEN REPORTED TO THE CYBER POLICE!!! AND THE REAL POLICE!!!

SCREW WITH MY COMPUTER AGAIN AND YOU'LL BE ARRESTED!!! END OF CONVERSATION!!!!!!"
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

32Q
10 vr, 10 ps, 12 bs
I ran out of time on VR (missed entire passage) and am totally happy with the 10. Been getting 11-13s on AAMC PS but whatever I'll take 10. BS is exactly what I got on my practices.