The OFFICIAL 2009 Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am happy to report that I finally made the decision to accept the offer at TAMU!! :D Anyone else accept to go there?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed March 1st. More info though: I had called today to give them more info about my application (just heard about a publication yay!) so the prof I interviewed with was calling me back from that.

I got accepted to Florida Institute of Technology today (3/16) via snail mail!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an offer at ASU (Clinical PhD) from the DCT and POI. ACK! Now I have decisions to make!! :scared:

(This was my second offer off the waitlist so there is hope for all you still waiting!!)

Congratulations! May ask where you were on the waiting list? What number? If you know this of course.... Thanks!

University of St. Thomas
Psy.D., Counseling Psychology

Accepted today via snail mail. Kinda a late letter, since I did/thought I/ already made a final decision

Jon

Hey, Jon! Congrats! Does it mean, that you will have to reconsider your "final" decision? I wonder what your new "final" decision will be:rolleyes:

Has anyone heard back on their PsyD program? I haven't heard anything since my interview in January!!! The last time I talked to them they said they would be sending out letters in "mid-March".

Biting my nails.....

Congratulations! May ask where you were on the waiting list? What number? If you know this of course.... Thanks!

I have no idea. They didn't send out an official waitlist notice (as far as I know) I just sent them an email asking where I stood after I got another offer and was trying to make a decision. They said they had already made initial offers but would let me know...

I check this message board every day to see if people are getting accepted/rejected from Northwestern-Feinberg. :xf: I guess with the 5 slots they have, not a lot of activity. The interview dates were the 6th and the 13th. If there's anyone out there that's heard anything post-interview, please let me know! I've been obsessively checking my email and phone for messages! :p

Hugs to everyone. :love:

So I received a voicemail this morning informing me I was accepted to a PsyD program from one of the faculty (not the same professor I interviewed with) and told I would receive the official acceptance letter in the mail in 1 - 2 weeks. The faculty offered an email address to contact her with any questions.

I would like to acknowledge that I received the message, thank her for the phone call and acceptance, express my enthusiasm for the program, etc. (but not say anything about officially accepting as I am still waiting on financial information, although I am likely to accept). Email is clearly the preferred method of contact, and I have been staring at a computer screen for 20 minutes now... Help please?
Thank you!

I check this message board every day to see if people are getting accepted/rejected from Northwestern-Feinberg. :xf: I guess with the 5 slots they have, not a lot of activity. The interview dates were the 6th and the 13th. If there's anyone out there that's heard anything post-interview, please let me know! I've been obsessively checking my email and phone for messages! :p

Hugs to everyone. :love:

Hey Typical Joy,

I interviewed on 3/6 and they said it would be at least 2 weeks before they extended offers. So right now I think no news is just no news. :)

So I received a voicemail this morning informing me I was accepted to a PsyD program from one of the faculty (not the same professor I interviewed with) and told I would receive the official acceptance letter in the mail in 1 - 2 weeks. The faculty offered an email address to contact her with any questions.

I would like to acknowledge that I received the message, thank her for the phone call and acceptance, express my enthusiasm for the program, etc. (but not say anything about officially accepting as I am still waiting on financial information, although I am likely to accept). Email is clearly the preferred method of contact, and I have been staring at a computer screen for 20 minutes now... Help please?
Thank you!

You could write and say thank you for the great news, you enjoyed having the chance to interview, and that you will notify (the DCT/program/whoever) of your decision soon. I think they totally understand that you may have lots of stuff going on (other offers, waiting for financial awards, etc.) so I don't think they expect any hints of a decision. Best of luck!!!

Hey- If people are holding offers, just a gentle reminder to make decisions as soon as possible so that this difficult process may be less so for those on the waitlists...

Members don't see this ad :)
This waiting is pure torture. These schools certainly aren't making any rash decisions are they? Seriously.

I got a call from my interviewer at Denver for a PsyD this afternoon saying I got in! They said they would send snail mail and specifically said they wouldn't call, but they did, just like for CRamirez, and I interviewed under a different person.

Just got accepted to the Pace School-Clinical PsyD program....I really liked this program, but I also really liked CW Post....anyone know when we might hear about Financial Aid stuff from these schools? It would have to be before April 15th right?

I'm so excited! Just accepted at Fordham this morning! I can't believe it's all done!
Good luck to everyone!!! :)

Just got accepted to the Pace School-Clinical PsyD program....I really liked this program, but I also really liked CW Post....anyone know when we might hear about Financial Aid stuff from these schools? It would have to be before April 15th right?

I think that financial aid info will be sent with the official acceptance letter (that is if you gave them the financial aid for at the interview).

I got an offer from Drexel today! And I'm taking it. The pain is over!

(this means I'm giving up a spot at Yeshiva Clinical Health PhD)

Everyone on waitlists, if you look at 2008's Acceptance Thread you'll notice that a TON of waitlist people got in during the end of March and the beginning of April. Good luck and congrats to everyone!

:luck::xf::luck::xf::luck::xf::luck:

Accepted to Pace's School-Clinical PsyD. program!!! So relieved to be posting up in this thread!!!! :D

Is anyone still getting offers at Yeshiva Clinical Health PhD? I'm trying to figure out because I'm an alternate (though no idea what number I am on the list) and haven't heard anything yet :confused:

Did they say when the second batch would go out? Who sent you the email?

Hey i just got a phone call this morning from St. Johns offering me acceptance to the clinical phd child track! I know that i was one of the first to be called bc they just sent the lists out to the professors to make the calls so don't panic yet.

Good Luck

Has anyone heard back on their PsyD program? I haven't heard anything since my interview in January!!! The last time I talked to them they said they would be sending out letters in "mid-March".

Biting my nails.....

I got an email from PGSP-Stanford yesterday with nothing concrete, but promising:
"We were very impressed by you during your interview day at the PGSP-Stanford PsyD Consortium. We are in the process of finishing our interview process and we will be contacting you about your admission offer status on April 1st if not sooner. Based on your application and interview performance, you are on a short list of candidates under very high consideration." and they went on to give me an app for fellowship and told me not to take another offer if they are one of my top choices.

I also got into the Univ. Denver PsyD program on St. Patrick's Day March 17th :luck:-- phone call from my interviewer. Very surprised- their interview was such a cattle call, I didn't know if I stood out or not.

Oh, I also got into Florida Institute of Technology on 3/16 via snail mail and Argosy- Washington DC by phone call on 3/9 but I'll be releasing those offers.

I have a question and am wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation.

I was offered acceptance into a fully funded PhD program verbally by the POI by a phone call about three weeks ago. Although I know funding is guaranteed, they haven't sent me any email or snail mail information about the offer, stipend details, or anything like that. A week ago, I emailed my POI to ask her if I should expect to receive more information, and she replied that they only give out that information to people who accept their offer of admissions. This program is my #2 choice, and I'm on a waiting list for my #1 choice. Even if I wasn't waiting for #1 choice, I would feel a little strange accepting this offer without some details. I was accepted into another PhD program and received the snail mail package the next day.

Is this typical? Has anyone else been told they won't receive details (even an official acceptance letter) until after they accept their offers?

Last edited:
I have a question and am wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation.I was offered acceptance into a fully funded PhD program verbally by the POI by a phone call about three weeks ago. Although I know funding is guaranteed, they haven't sent me any email or snail mail information about the offer, stipend details, or anything like that. A week ago, I emailed my POI to ask her if I should expect to receive more information, and she replied that they only give out that information to people who accept their offer of admissions. Is this typical? Has anyone else been told they won't receive details (even an official acceptance letter) until after they accept their offers?
I think that is not typical. You should receive a written admission offer a short time after the verbal offer, which at the very least puts in writing that you are being offered admission. And typically that specifies the terms of the offer including stipend and benefits. It's within your rights to expect at least a written offer of admission, if not the terms of stipend/benefits.

Here is the relevant section of Counsel of University Directors of Clinical Psychology (CUDCP) guidelines for offers and acceptances:
Offers are usually made in writing prior to April 1st. Between April 1st and the decision date, universities may choose to facilitate the process by making offers to students over the phone when a position comes up. These verbal offers are official, but should be followed up by a written confirmation within 48 hours.
http://www.temple.edu/psychology/clinical/documents/guidelines.pdf

Thanks, Thirdeye, that's really helpful information! It helps to know what the general rules are in terms of offers, alternates and offers I plan to release. I hope other people find that link helpful, too.

I'm wondering how to proceed in my situation, especially since my POI already told me they don't send out info until after you've accepted the offer. I might call the Graduate Admissions office at this school and ask them for more information.

Thanks again!

Hey i just got a phone call this morning from St. Johns offering me acceptance to the clinical phd child track! I know that i was one of the first to be called bc they just sent the lists out to the professors to make the calls so don't panic yet.

Good Luck

Congratulations!! That is very exciting! :) May I ask when you were contacted? I am only asking to gauge at what point I should assume I will likely not be offered a spot. Thank you!

Anyone heard from CU-Boulder? They're the last ones I'm waiting on before making a final decision. PM me if you prefer. Thanks!

Congratulations!! That is very exciting! :) May I ask when you were contacted? I am only asking to gauge at what point I should assume I will likely not be offered a spot. Thank you!

i got the call today too! mine was pretty late, like around 9:30pm, from the professor who i interviewed with and am interested in working for (they don't have a strict mentorship model, but i had mentioned her research in my personal statement)

point is, the person who is calling you might have gotten a late start, so don't lose all hope if you didn't get a call today! best of luck to all.

Congratulations to everyone on here! I'm thrilled we've all been able to post our acceptances.

For the two of you who posted about Pace's PsyD - Congrats on being accepted into a CLASS ACT program. Did anyone happen to read the NY papers lately? A Psy.D. candidate there was out celebrating with friends the completion of all coursework/dissertation last fall when her taxi ride home was hit by a drunk driver. This girl was killed. Her whole family flew in from Greece this week and the program had a graduation ceremony in her honor in which her family was presented with her Doctor of Psychology degree. I thought it was a nice ending to an absolutely heartbreaking story.

Jon

Congratulations to everyone on here! I'm thrilled we've all been able to post our acceptances.

For the two of you who posted about Pace's PsyD - Congrats on being accepted into a CLASS ACT program. Did anyone happen to read the NY papers lately? A Psy.D. candidate there was out celebrating with friends the completion of all coursework/dissertation last fall when her taxi ride home was hit by a drunk driver. This girl was killed. Her whole family flew in from Greece this week and the program had a graduation ceremony in her honor in which her family was presented with her Doctor of Psychology degree. I thought it was a nice ending to an absolutely heartbreaking story.

Jon

Oh man, that is horrible. Seems like the school handled it well though. Do you have experience with Pace's program? I'm considering it but am worried about supervision- I have heard it can be quite lax?

Hey. I received my letter from Nova yesterday (03.19.09). They accepted me to their PhD and PsyD programs.

YAY. I would LOVE to go to school where I could wear shorts 90% of the time. Ugh.

Peace.:cool:

I received an e-mail (I was on vaca and let her know that phone call would not go through) from POI extending me an offer.

I also heard back from DCT (also my POI) at AU via mass e-mail to let me know that I was waitlisted. He followed up with an e-mail directly to me saying that I was his number one choice but since they were only accepting six students and six labs were recruiting, one of the new faculty received the chance to extend two offers (which just happened to take away my POI's line). He made it clear to not rule them out he is hoping that he is in fortunate position to extend me an offer.

Last edited:
For those of you who have heard good news from Denver, Congrats! When did you interview? I'm waiting to hear back... interviewed on March 7th

For those of you who have heard good news from Denver, Congrats! When did you interview? I'm waiting to hear back... interviewed on March 7th

By PMing the people who have interviewed at DU they heard via a phone call even though Samara and Julie said we'd only hear via snail mail. I live in Denver and still haven't heard. I interviewed on the 27th with Dr. Gorgens and as far as I know no one has heard back from her about getting in. The two professors who have called students are Dr. Samaniego and Dr. Lubigan.

I was accepted into the Clinical programs at both Case Western Reserve and University of Texas at Austin this week. I will be making my final decision in the next day or two... :)

Aside from the two mentioned above, anyone recieve calls/letters from SJU?:confused:

I was accepted into the St John's School Psychology PsyD program a few weeks ago. They called to let me know I was accepted only 3 days after I interviewed with them. It was pretty awesome! And I just got accepted into the LIU: CW Post Clinical PsyD program today. So I actually have a choice now. :)

Hello all! Has anyone heard anything from IUP? If they said we'd hear about acceptances by the end of the week and I didn't receive an email, does that mean I'm out of luck? Thanks.

I got a call yesterday as well from one of the St. John's professors, offering me admission :) (for the general track)

I'm waiting til next week to hear about the funding-- but this mean's I'm giving up a spot at Fairleigh Dickinson.

Hello all! Has anyone heard anything from IUP? If they said we'd hear about acceptances by the end of the week and I didn't receive an email, does that mean I'm out of luck? Thanks.

I'm in the same boat as you, still waiting...I was given the impression that they would send an email regarding your status either way, and I didn't receive anything, so there is still hope I suppose...

*fingers crossed*

If I hear anything from them I will make sure to post it.

Hey. I received my letter from Nova yesterday (03.19.09). They accepted me to their PhD and PsyD programs.

YAY. I would LOVE to go to school where I could wear shorts 90% of the time. Ugh.

Peace.:cool:

Honey I was born and raised in the city that Nova is in.. you can wear shorts more like 98% of the time.

Enjoy!:D

I also have not heard back from SUNY Albany yet...seems like it has been a while now, I wonder if there are funding issues

I also have not heard back from SUNY Albany yet...seems like it has been a while now, I wonder if there are funding issues

I still have not heard anything either. I talked to another interviewee earlier in the week and he/she had not heard anything neither had someone that he/she talked to. My guess is funding issues. I'm going to email my POIs and find out if any offers have gone out and I'll post the responses.