The Official 2008 Acceptance Thread Psy.D/Ph.D

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got a call from my POI - accepted for the clinical PhD Program 3/12

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone planning on declining an offer to Indiana State PsyD?... just wondering for my own mental health...

Members don't see this ad :)
Xavier Clinical Psych PsyD via e-mail from admin assistant

I think Adelphi notifies people on the late side, e.g. 2 weeks from now. Good luck to everyone!

Co-worker (LIU Bklyn 4th year) says the committee is meeting this week and will be notifying "soon!" Good luck!

Hello!

Does anyone know or have an idea around when St. Johns and LIU Bklyn will be making offers? I forgot to ask at my interviews!

Thanks!

just informed by phone call from POI that i'm at the "very top" of the waitlist at IIT.

Co-worker (LIU Bklyn 4th year) says the committee is meeting this week and will be notifying "soon!" Good luck!

thanks, NYCPsych! since you seem in the know... have you heard anything about St. Johns? I know today was thier last interview day, but I wonder how long they take -- there seem to be schools that notify you less than a week after they are done with interviews, and others take a month. I winder why the NY schools are so late?

Anyone planning on declining an offer to UMSL or UCSB???

NO idea about St. John's! I didn't apply. I only know about LIU Bklyn b/c of this co-worker, who knows I'm waiting on interview results. ;-) And Adelphi- I think at my interview they even said March 23rd or 24th. Good luck:)

thanks, NYCPsych! since you seem in the know... have you heard anything about St. Johns? I know today was thier last interview day, but I wonder how long they take -- there seem to be schools that notify you less than a week after they are done with interviews, and others take a month. I winder why the NY schools are so late?

has anyone heard from Boston College counseling PhD?? i thought we were supposed to hear today but i dont see any posts, and ive heard nothing

I got a phone call today saying I got accepted to Baylor. Yay! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
E-mail from POI on 3/12 -- acceptance to the University of Illinois - Chicago Clinical PhD. :)

I am waiting for St. John's, Adelphi and Hofstra, too! I neeeeed information. :eek:

I'm so excited to get to post on this thread! Just woke up to an email from my interviewer at Pepperdine... I got accepted to the Clinical Psych PsyD... official letters going out next week:hardy:! Anyone else headed there? Thanks so much for your help everyone... wouldn't have made it through this horrible process without these boards! Good luck to all still waiting to hear! :luck::luck::luck: xxx

FYI: you have Xavier listed as clinical PhD on the master list, but Xavier is a PsyD program. :)

The main page says that Suffolk sent out acceptances via email last week, but I haven't seen anything about anyone being accepted. Has anyone else heard from them? It sounded like they were going to email everyone whether they were accepted, rejected or waitlisted.

I recently got accepted to a school and it is the only school I have been/am going to be accepted to. I desperately want a PhD in Clinical Psychology, and I can't imagine doing anything else, but I really feel that this school is not a good match for me. Am I crazy to turn this down and try again next year? I would be devastated if I turned them down and then didn't get in anywhere next year. I feel nauseous right now, I have no idea what to do.

The main page says that Suffolk sent out acceptances via email last week, but I haven't seen anything about anyone being accepted. Has anyone else heard from them? It sounded like they were going to email everyone whether they were accepted, rejected or waitlisted.

I was rejected in early feb. and got an email saying that

I recently got accepted to a school and it is the only school I have been/am going to be accepted to. I desperately want a PhD in Clinical Psychology, and I can't imagine doing anything else, but I really feel that this school is not a good match for me. Am I crazy to turn this down and try again next year? I would be devastated if I turned them down and then didn't get in anywhere next year. I feel nauseous right now, I have no idea what to do.

a girl i work with declined 2 or 3 offers her first year and always says she glad she decided to reapply and go somewhere with a better fit after round 2

I've been coming to terms with the same issue: and overall I really do believe that I will go into next year a stronger applicant with a better understanding of the process and a more likely chance of getting into a program that seems really right for me. 5 years/6 years at a place I feel doesn't fit (which I have been considering) seems like a recipe for frustration and disappointment.

I completely agree with others' suggestions. Not only are you likely to be a better candidate next year, but you may also have more clarity regarding programs and what you are really looking for. Also, from the perspective of a waiting applicant, someone could be waiting for a spot in their top choice program. Best of luck with your decision. It's a tough one either way...

I was rejected in early feb. and got an email saying that

I was referring to rejections and acceptances for those that interviewed. Anyone else heard anything?

I've been coming to terms with the same issue: and overall I really do believe that I will go into next year a stronger applicant with a better understanding of the process and a more likely chance of getting into a program that seems really right for me. 5 years/6 years at a place I feel doesn't fit (which I have been considering) seems like a recipe for frustration and disappointment.

Thank you to all of you for your advice. I am glad to know that there are others in the same situation. Don't worry to those of you waiting to hear, I will make my decision soon!

Today I received a call from the professor who interviewed me letting me know that I was accepted:)

Just called the director of graduate program admissions. Letters are prepared to be signed. Should hear something sometime early next week. Keeping my fingers crossed.:luck:

I interviewed and have not heard anything yet.

I have been looking foward to posting on this thread for quite sometime now, so here I go...

I just received news that I was offered admissions to the clinical psychology doctoral program at UAlbany!!!! I am very excited about doing my graduate studies at UAlbany, as I found it to be an excellent fit for me as a prospective student!!!!

Thanks to everyone on the forum for providing a sense of community and empathizing with me with respect to this arduous application process (and waiting game).

Has anyone heard back from Vanderbilt - psychological sciences (developmental science)?

Pacific University Psyd.
Acceptance via email.:D

FYI: you have Xavier listed as clinical PhD on the master list, but Xavier is a PsyD program. :)

I'm glad you cleared that up because I was majorly confused. I live in Cincinnati and I was positive that Xavier had a psyD. I though for a second there I had missed a school that I should have looked at for clinical PhD

acceptance by email today :)

What the hell is going on?

The deadline is in 2 days, and I haven't heard anything yet :(

Are there other suffereres like me out there ?

I'm not sure if you're talking about schools in Canada, but in the US schools have til April 1 to send out decisions to people and then applicants have til April 15 to decide (not March 15). Hope that helps!

What the hell is going on?

The deadline is in 2 days, and I haven't heard anything yet :(

Are there other suffereres like me out there ?

As far as I know, programs have until April 1st to notify of acceptances, and then applicants have until April 15th to accept of deny offers. I believe these are the guidelines for all APA-approved programs. :)

I'm not sure if you're talking about schools in Canada, but in the US schools have til April 1 to send out decisions to people and then applicants have til April 15 to decide (not March 15). Hope that helps!

Many schools in Canada are accredited by the APA and follow the same guidelines as US schools. Some Canadian schools are also (or solely) accredited by the CPA, which states that departments should endeavor to make offers by April, and applicants then have until April 15th to decide as well. You have lots of time yet!

If students have until the 15th to accept/decline offers, when do you think programs would usually notify students on the wait list? I am wait listed at two of my top choice programs, and do not want to make a decision regarding my current offer until I hear from them.

Hey All,

I'm starting to get nervous about this whole acceptance process. I'm assuming it's safe to say that if I still haven't received anything from clinical doctorate programs about interviewing that I am not accepted. The 2 programs I did interview with (UVA-Curry & Univ. South Carolina) I still haven't heard back from and I can see that some have already been accepted. Is anyone else in the same predicament? :confused:

Accepted by e-mail to Nova Southeastern, Clinical PhD, details to follow in mail.

Well, thank you all.

I thought, that during the interview, they had mentioned that we would hear until March 15th , and then have until April 15th to respond (in the US, not Canada)????

Maybe I misunderstood something?

HMMMM:rolleyes:

Two acceptances via mail today: Fordham School Psych PhD & Pace School-Clinical Child Psych PsyD.