The Official 06/16/2011 MCAT Club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mbeas

Hi I'm Kate
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was going to go with the May 26 date, but I could use a little more time. I started content review a few weeks ago, and I'm going to take a "diagnostic" in a few weeks to see where I stand.

So, who's with me?

Members don't see this ad.

I am preparing materials for studying. I want to use 3 months studying plan by SN2ed, but I don't want to buy BRs. I already have TPR and EC; hope it's enough.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I am also planning on rescheduling my May 26th test to 6/16. I'm just going to use SN2's 3-month schedule...

I signed up yesterday, but am hoping I don't need to take this again and get in this year. I scored a 29P last year and not receiving much interest this application cycle (most likely due to the 8 in VR). I need to bring up and make my VR score more consistent, so I'm going to start that soon.

Just some advice if you're using the 3-month plan, don't take days off you'll get behind and overwhelmed. This is what happened to me last year and I ended up needing to push it back a month to get through it all. Yeah, it's common sense, but it becomes a chore studying day after day making it enticing to skip a day.

Preparing study materials....TBR is taking longer to come in.
Have EK and signed up for Gunner training.
Preliminary review of fundamentals.
Will take a diagnostic full length in a week after some rough review
to note weaknesses and strength.

I too was originally going to go for the May 26th exam, but decided to give myself a little extra time.

I initally had difficulty in choosing between the 8am and 2pm time slot, but ultimately went for the am (because from 2-7ish is just too late for me).

Anyhow, good luck with studying and the upcoming app cycle:luck:!

I too was originally going to go for the May 26th exam, but decided to give myself a little extra time.

I initally had difficulty in choosing between the 8am and 2pm time slot, but ultimately went for the am (because from 2-7ish is just too late for me).

Anyhow, good luck with studying and the upcoming app cycle:luck:!

I just rescheduled from the same date as well. I gotta tell you that I feel a lot more confident now that I have 3 extra weeks to prepare.

I just re-scheduled for this date. I'm pretty much going to cram for 6 weeks after this semester is over until the MCAT date.

I am in.

I bought the EK materials couple months ago and haven't touched them yet. I hope that I have enough time to prepare; especially that I am taking four classes and doing the CCE internship.

Good Luck to All

You can sort of count me in...

I'm actually registered for May 7, but things didn't go as planned earlier this semester. I've started studying but I realize that moving my test date to June 16 will be better for me....

I know this has been asked many times regarding June MCATs, but what is the consensus on applying early, but taking the MCAT in June?

A year later, and I'm retaking the MCAT. I choked big time (nerves must have gotten to me, otherwise I wouldn't have had a score 10 points lower than my practice exams).

So here's to doing a ton better, quitting my job to devote 100% of my attention to this exam, and rocking a score that is 30+!

(Now to spend a ton of money on more books)

Members don't see this ad :)
i need to buckle down and study!!!!!

is everyone sticking to their study plans so far? i'm getting behind...:scared:

I've been procrastinating a bit, but I just made a solid schedule that I'm planning on sticking with. It feels good to be organized haha.

hey guys I plan on taking it this date also.. I am using BR books (basically SN2's study guide, but with modifications because I'm taking classes so I can really only study about 3 days/wk) Good luck studying everyone!..

Can someone give some clarification for me. When the AAMCS application opens, does your MCAT score on this application. I am wondering because I want to submit my AAMCS application as soon as it opens, and then send my 6/16 MCAT scores (which will probably be released around 7/16) to the schools I'm applying to do. Basically, what I'm trying to say is I don't know how the AAMCS works, and I want to get my stuff in as early as possible to make sure I have a better chance at acceptance. Plz help, thanks.

I asked a similar question, a few posts back.

I think I know the answer, but I need some confirmation to see if it's true.

We can submit the AMCAS (without the MCAT score) on June 1st. Verification of grades and transcripts usually takes 4 weeks (from what I've heard). MCAT scores are released July 19, so by the time our application is verified, we will wait 2-3 more weeks for the MCAT score to be automatically uploaded. Once the score is posted, we can submit our primaries.

I think that if we're taking the June MCAT, we're only going to be a couple weeks behind the gunners that apply super early.

Is that right?

Burn-out is trying to get the best of me, but I'm fighting against it! I have been resisting the urge to re-schedule, but this club forum is keeping me motivated. Hopefully we can all stick it out together.
6/16/11 Let's do it!!!!!:highfive:

I was originally in the 04/29 but I pushed it back because I wasn't being realistic in my expectation of finishing one WHOLE chapter and problems in one night on top of working a 50 hour week. Also, I'm waiting for my BR books to come. Praying this was the right decision.

Best wishes to everyone!

I'm in.

Just now starting the SN2 3 month plan. Anyone else doing the same?

Let's do this!! ;)

I am actually in the middle of my studying.... I am taking the kaplan demand course -________- and just thought I might need a bit more time to perhaps do 30-40 practice exams...... just basically anything i can get my hands on....... sigh.. i really hope i can do very well :(:(

Hi - I've been studying for awhile for this date, but I work full time graduate from college in 1996... so its been awhile. Now I am working 1/2 time and commit more time. I'm about 2/3 of my way through content review, but have not taken any full length practical exams yet. (BTW I took the MCAT in 1998, but decided to go get my Ph.D. in something else.. I'm a "non-traditional" type).

Anyone else taking it in Fairbanks? I just booked my airline ticket.

I guess i am in this now =( is it too late to submit the application if we take the june one??!?

I don't think we will be at a huge disadvantage. I had a couple friends that didn't take their MCAT until July and still recieved interviews and acceptances.

I guess i am in this now =( is it too late to submit the application if we take the june one??!?

no, i applied this year after taking the mcat last june and i still had some interviews. just realize that SDN is full of gunners that want everything submitted to AMCAS on june 1

Anyone considering rescheduling to July or August?

I still haven't touched the books and don't think I'll be anytime soon. I am think to push the exam a month to allow myself 2 months of FOCUSED studying after the semester ends.

What do you guys think?

I still haven't touched the books and don't think I'll be anytime soon. I am think to push the exam a month to allow myself 2 months of FOCUSED studying after the semester ends.

What do you guys think?

I'm trying to at least stick it out. I know that if I re-schedule I will just allow myself too much time to procrastinate even further.

But, on a side note I do think about it.;)

Burn-out is trying to get the best of me, but I'm fighting against it! I have been resisting the urge to re-schedule, but this club forum is keeping me motivated. Hopefully we can all stick it out together.
6/16/11 Let's do it!!!!!:highfive:

How are you burning out already? You just started studying!

Come on man! You can do it!

im in! taking the 2PM test in the boston area.

im currently taking the PR prep course and LOVE it. it is helping a ton.

i am also working full time in research, so squeezing time in for studying is a little exhausting! :laugh:

im in! taking the 2PM test in the boston area.

im currently taking the PR prep course and LOVE it. it is helping a ton.

i am also working full time in research, so squeezing time in for studying is a little exhausting! :laugh:

Sup beantown?

I feel you on the working full time and studying bit. I work at a hospital too, but still manage to crap in 3-6 hours a day in after work. It's exhausting, but I mostly take the weekend off other than doing a cbt and reviewing/reading a chapter or doing some passages. Nothing too much.

Sup beantown?

I feel you on the working full time and studying bit. I work at a hospital too, but still manage to crap in 3-6 hours a day in after work. It's exhausting, but I mostly take the weekend off other than doing a cbt and reviewing/reading a chapter or doing some passages. Nothing too much.

do you work at one of the boston hospitals? i have a bunch of friends at mass gen and beth israel.

you are def better than me then, i am taking the PR course and following their syllabus and it is a LOT of work, but i have seen improvements. PS are my weakest section for sure. weekends are the time i actually study the most! lol

What do you guys think?

Can we afford to push the test til july or august if we wanted to apply this cycle??

Can we afford to push the test til july or august if we wanted to apply this cycle??

i know people who have done it successfully. i think it strongly depends on the rest of your app, though, and the schools you are aiming for. if you have a great GPA, tons of valuable extracurriculars, etc. i think you would be at much more of an advantage than someone with lower #s. i would reschedule the test the week before if i honestly felt i wasnt prepared enough. better to have a later completion than a low MCAT, right?

How are you burning out already? You just started studying!

Come on man! You can do it!

Well for 1) I'm a WOMAN! :p
and 2) I am not speaking of burn-out specifically related to only MCAT studying. I work and have a multitiude of other responsibilities as well.

Thanks for the encouragement anyhow!

Are you kidding me? I'm applying early decision with the 6/16 test date. You could push it back a month and your scores would be received by mid-August.

Are you kidding me? I'm applying early decision with the 6/16 test date. You could push it back a month and your scores would be received by mid-August.

=( I did not know that.. it's just that most of the professors in my school STRONGLY advised me to apply AS EARLY AS possible..(preferably early june) so I jsut assumed that we have to have everything by like june-ish... or something.. :scared: thanks for telling me that though!

Last edited:
while we're on this topic, can you provide me some insights on when exactly will it be "too late" to apply for this cycle? I am a NY resident.. if that matters.. :confused::confused:

i need to buckle down and study!!!!!

is everyone sticking to their study plans so far? i'm getting behind...:scared:

I'm getting behind too! I plan to do as much studying as I can during the semester, then really hit it hard in May & June, 5-6 hours a day or so + practice full lengths.

It's hard to be motivated as a Senior but I really need to be!

Oh, and I'm taking it 6/16!