The Official 05/07/2011 MCAT Club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrOoze

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I thought I should go ahead and start a thread for those of us who are registered for this test date. How's studies going? I haven't started yet. However, I will begin SN2ed's 3-month study plan on Monday. Let's get this show started!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I started studying already. Verbal is my weakest subject and I know I will have a hard time pulling it up. :mad:

P.S. Is that you in your avatar? :)

Yeah, verbal can be a pain. It's hard to stay focused when you are reading something that does not interest you. Yes, that's me.:)

I'll hop on this boat, May 7th it is for me. I sorta started today. I need pressure to study, haha. Also, this is me in my avatar as well.

I'll hop on this boat, May 7th it is for me. I sorta started today. I need pressure to study, haha. Also, this is me in my avatar as well.

Welcome! And you look great in that pic. ;) Such a hot cat. Didn't mean to objectify you.;)

Yeah, verbal can be a pain. It's hard to stay focused when you are reading something that does not interest you. Yes, that's me.:)

wow, you are so pretty!!! did anyone ever tell you that you look EXACTLY like paris hilton?

p.s. your sister, nicki, is hotter than you

wow, you are so pretty!!! did anyone ever tell you that you look EXACTLY like paris hilton?

p.s. your sister, nicki, is hotter than you

Hey genius! Did you notice a smiley face at the end of that sentence? Perhaps you are just too stupid to interpret that. ;)

I'm in for May 7th! I already started studying because I will be traveling a lot between now and then, but I won't be taking any practice tests until the end of march after I get back from my last trip.

I am SO excited.. is it weird to feel that way about the MCAT? :laugh:

I'm in too! Started studying yesterday :) Happy studying everyone! And I probably won't take a practice test mid-Feb. I wanna make sure I get all the concepts down first :)

Hi everyone! I`m taking MCAT on the same date!
Bought Princeton review books from ebay last summer, however managed to review only the intro stuff in physics. I`ve already made a studying schedule that starts from Feb,1. Definitely most of the material looks familiar, just need to go over it again and to memorize some info.

Diagnostic scores:

BS~9
PS~9
VR~9

Need +35 :) :thumbup:

Hey genius! Did you notice a smiley face at the end of that sentence? Perhaps you are just too stupid to interpret that. ;)

no, i don't think i misinterpreted it. if you were perceptive enough, you would have noticed the "sarcastic" emoticon which would have cleared things up a lot, leaving less room for misunderstanding. it was a good try, though. someone actually believed you!

good luck with the MCAT. and stop trolling.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha, what would SDN be without the hostility?

And Ooze, I love being objectified. One step closer to Idolized. :thumbup:

Just started a couple weeks ago for a retake on May 7th. Already finding excuses to avoid studying...Oh brother.

Anyway, good luck to all of you!

count me in too; just dished out my $235 for the may 7 MCAT.

haven't started studying yet. currently in orgo 2 and physics 2, my last final exam is on wed april 27, giving me a good ten days to get composed and take a couple final practice CBTs. Also taking a mammalian physiology class this semester, so 3 of my 4 classes are supplementing my MCAT content studies so that material will all be nice and fresh.

Took my first practice, a TPR CBT, over xmas break and got a 22, was pleased with the result. I'll start studying within the next week, or two at the most. one way or the other, may 7 here we come.

So does this date happen to fall between the spring/summer term break for anyone else?

This date is so perfect; I was afraid I'd have to sit for the MCAT during the tail end of my spring classes, or shortly after my summer classes had started. Unfortunately, I think some will have to sit for it before their spring term is over or summer has already started.

I'm planning on taking it 5/7/11 haven't registered yet. G:xf:

Hi everyone!
I'm taking the MCAT on the 7th as well! Started SN2ed 3-month schedule a few days ago..Hoping to get more motivated and stick with it by seeing all the responses here! :D

PS
That is me in my avatar ;-)

anyone live near astoria, queens or upper east/midtown manhattan and interested in a serious study group/study buddy?

looks like ill be joining you guys! hope the studying goes well for you all!:)

the spring term is close to ending... the spring term ends in the second week of May.

So does this date happen to fall between the spring/summer term break for anyone else?

This date is so perfect; I was afraid I'd have to sit for the MCAT during the tail end of my spring classes, or shortly after my summer classes had started. Unfortunately, I think some will have to sit for it before their spring term is over or summer has already started.

I'm also taking it on May 7th. I starting studying in late October due to having a really hectic schedule. I'm a master's student in molecular biology, finishing up my research (which involves weekend lab time), TA'ing lab classes (and doing the prepping, quiz-writing, and grading that TA'ing entails), taking classes (finished my final required class last semester), volunteering in the ER on Sundays, and trying to study MCAT in the meantime. I think I'll be ready by May though, as I've been pretty diligent about the studying.

I'm pretty confident about my knowledge of biology, and I'm quite good at verbal, but I'm still studying the other subjects like crazy.

Hi All,
I'm a Jan 28th retaker and have been trying to sign up for this date, but unfortunately its packed in Socal :(, if anyone decided to change their date please send pm so I would be ready to snatch it up after you :help:. I would really appreciate it.
Meanwhile, I have been going at it like crazy for a week, I made a schedule that I think would be helpful to anyone who could do fulltime studying till may. It's a modification of SN2ed's 3 month schedule. I also wanna give props to Rdavido to make the original excel sheet. Anyways, I hope it helps.
GoodLuck to all, and again please let me know if anyone decided to change their dates in Socal.
Thanks

Attachments

• May 7 MCAT Study Log.xlsx
    40.5 KB · Views: 122
Hello everyone. Rescheduled my testing date from April 16th till the May 7th exam. I'm so pumped to take this thing already! (flex) I wish there was a muscle smilie haha.

I feel like I'm never going to be ready to take the MCAT, but at the same time, I feel like if I took it tomorrow, I'd probably do fine. Is anyone else experiencing these paradoxical feelings?

I feel like I'm never going to be ready to take the MCAT, but at the same time, I feel like if I took it tomorrow, I'd probably do fine. Is anyone else experiencing these paradoxical feelings?

Not I, I know I'm not ready yet. Took a practice test on Sunday..
BS: 11
PS: 9
VR:3 :wtf:+pissed+

UGH!! I hate Verbal! Anyone know of any good strategies to studying verbal?

So I'm new to this forum, I'm retaking from my score on 1/28/11...anyone think this is a good idea? My scores on that date were abysmal! 25: PS:7 VR: 9 BS: 9

I don't think I studies properly for the physical sciences does anyone have any advice on what to do to raise these scores? Since I'm a re-take I need to do extraordinary, I'm worried about how difficult it will be to raise this significantly, especially b/c for the month of February I didn't really do a whole lot of preparing b/c I wasn't sure if I would have to re-take...now that the truth has appeared though... :(

lol at "iamRedDragon", I thought I was the only one who loved that creepy movie/book series...nice.

Hi All,

I've always looked at these forums and was too lazy/and not a believer that it would help to join. PLEASE PEOPLE, I NEED YOUR HELP; I'm a non-tradtional and am studying for the mcat (haven't taken it yet). i am signed up for 5/7/11. I read the exam krackers review books (not verbal or orgo), but before I read through those books I took a Princeton review test and got B:5 P:5 V:6. After reading the material and doing verbal passages here and there, i took another practice test today and got B:7 P:4 V:6. I have extremely, probably unrealistic, goals and expectations of getting in the 30's. I'm not working, and am only taking physics II right now. I have access to princeton review materials (including practice passages and exams) and exam krackers books. I want to score in the 30's (God Willing), is 2 months enough time? I'll do whatever is needed. I wont leave the house if I have to. I'm sorry about the long post, but I really need help, and would love some advice. Also, study tips are ABSOLUTELY WELCOME! Thanks,

Last edited:
Good luck to you all! God willing, I hope we score really well and get 30+ so we wont need to retake this! we have less than two months to study. If your planning on taking it in May, see how you are doing with some practice tests to get a pretty good idea of how prepared you are. Take the MCAT when you feel prepared that you can do well. I have friends who have scored well in the summer and spring, and an important advice I got was take it when you are ready. I feel pretty nervous about it right now, but God willing, lets pray for some good scores!! In terms of studying I have been using Examcrackers too which is pretty good.

hey guys! Just officially registered for the 7th of may. i had to push up my test from may 21st! overseas posting for work has robbed me of my 2 weeks :mad: anyway, im studying using examkrackers.

I have officially registered for May 7th, originally planned for the 29 April but no seats available. Have about 2 weeks of review/workbook to do. Practice testing until the 7. I have yet to take a diagnostic, frankly scared to death of the results. I am doing all 1001 EK books, and studying from EK, TPRH and notes.

Where is everyone at? How's the practice tests?

hey guys! Just officially registered for the 7th of may. i had to push up my test from may 21st! overseas posting for work has robbed me of my 2 weeks :mad: anyway, im studying using examkrackers.

Ouch. You'll pull it together anyway!

I have officially registered for May 7th, originally planned for the 29 April but no seats available. Have about 2 weeks of review/workbook to do. Practice testing until the 7. I have yet to take a diagnostic, frankly scared to death of the results. I am doing all 1001 EK books, and studying from EK, TPRH and notes.

Where is everyone at? How's the practice tests?

studying is going alright... the practice test are going alright, just hoping that the real thing would go good. i think you have pretty good timing to study. but be sure to take a practice test soon to get a good feel of how your doing.

thats a pretty good choice to use examcrackers.. good luck with the studying.

I recently switched to this date from the April 9th date. I probably would have been ready for the 4/9 but had some personal stuff come up and thought I should push it back to allow myself a study break.

I've been using the EK package (not the passages, the content review) and Kaplan. I reviewed content during January and February and took most of March off from studying. I just took AAMC 3 and got 34 (PS: 10 VR: 12 BS: 12). I'll review my weak areas, do some verbal passages from the EK 101 book, and do more full lengths between now and the test.

Good luck everyone!

I recently switched to this date from the April 9th date. I probably would have been ready for the 4/9 but had some personal stuff come up and thought I should push it back to allow myself a study break.

I've been using the EK package (not the passages, the content review) and Kaplan. I reviewed content during January and February and took most of March off from studying. I just took AAMC 3 and got 34 (PS: 10 VR: 12 BS: 12). I'll review my weak areas, do some verbal passages from the EK 101 book, and do more full lengths between now and the test.

Good luck everyone!

awesome start with AAMC 3 :thumbup: looks like you're in good shape.

The test is less than 4 weeks away. This thread has been dead! How's the studying been going? Everyone seeing the scores they want on practice tests?