The Official 01/31/09 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BloodySurgeon

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since January is nearby, I decided to refine the January MCAT club to it's two dates. For those of you who are taking it on Saturday, January 31th, here is the place where you can vent, discuss, and support each other for this upcoming test. Best of luck guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Haha I just got out of an advanced phys test and now I have plant ecology class then I go to cell bio for a test! Woohoo lol.... not

I hope the scores come today so I can concentrate on studying for my other two tests on wednesday!

It's midterm week for me. 4 tests, 2 Wednesday, 2 Thursday. It's not fair. :(

Damn... girl... You should study.:eek:... I'm gonna predict your score so you can study in a peaceful way :p... VR:14 PS: 14 WS:S BS:14 TOTAL SCORE: 42 S

Now... do your best in your study time ;)

LOL

Damn... girl... You should study.:eek:... I'm gonna predict your score so you can study in a peaceful way :p... VR:14 PS: 14 WS:S BS:14 TOTAL SCORE: 42 S

Now... do your best in your study time ;)

LOL

Oh, if only. But if I got that, I wouldn't need to care about my tests. My GPA can't suffer too much anymore. I've done well enough so far. I'd still have a 3.42 if I got C's in all of my classes left. Screw studying!!!

But for reals, I've already done most of the studying for two of the tests. Those will be really easy anyway. The other two should be ok. But you're right, I really should study.

Yay! Since we had so much snow and classes were canceled today, my exam on Wednesday got postponed! And since I have nothing to do now, I can be on SDN all day! :D

Lol I just checked scores, not up yet.... guess it will be tomorrow from the looks

AAAaaaaahh... I wanna know my score.:confused: The first time I took it, the results were ready the day before at 5:30. So I'm guessing that if the results are not ready at 5:30 we would have to wait till' tomorrow :'( :(

Lets cross our fingers :xf:

I doubt that the scores will be released today. Even though, here is some old data...

4/05/08 5/05/08 10:20 Am Est 5/06/08
4/18/08 5/19/08 4:40 Pm Est 5/20/08
4/19/08 5/19/08 4:44 Pm Est 5/20/08
5/10/08 6/09/08 3:37 Pm Est 6/10/08
5/23/08 6/23/08 3:23 Pm Est 6/24/08
5/27/08 6/26/08 3:09 Pm Est 6/26/08
5/31/08 6/30/08 5:01 Pm Est 7/01/08
6/13/08 7/14/08 5:05 Pm Est 7/15/08
7/18/08 8/18/08 3:42 Pm Est 8/19/08

The first column is the exam date, the second/third column is official release date and time, and the last column is the AAMC predicted release date (at 5 PM EST).

Members don't see this ad :)
I just looked at the 1/30/09 MCAT thread and they haven't got their score yet. I just hope they decide to post both of them today!

Sorry everybody. I called AAMC and they told me that the scores haven't been released yet because there is an argument over whether I should get an S or a T on the written portion. I told them I'd be happy with an M, but whatever.

I doubt that the scores will be released today. Even though, here is some old data...

The first column is the exam date, the second/third column is official release date and time, and the last column is the AAMC predicted release date (at 5 PM EST).

Where is this from?

Last edited:

Thank you for this data, Weedkiller87. Oh well... lets wait until tomorrow... :(

I'm so sad:(

Sorry everybody. I called AAMC and they told me that the scores haven't been released yet because there is an argument over whether I should get an S or a T on the written portion. I told them I'd be happy with an M, but whatever.

HAHAHAHA... lol. :idea: Call them again and tell them to change your written portion with my written portion. :rolleyes:

If the THx system crashes this afternoon, it will be solely because of my incessant checking...I am surprised they don't limit you to say 10 score accesses...I bet the lines are smoking right now.

Wow I was cool before coming here. Now I'm nervous. I'm sorry for you guys who have tests this week. I'm in my spring break just catching up on Friday Night Lights and Lost.

Yesterday: I think they'll come out tomorrow.

Today: I think they'll come out tomorrow.

Tomorrow: I think they'll come out tomorrow.

haha i really hope they'll be out tomorrow! its not fair having to wait so long.

I love the fact that my happiness, sanity, future, past, and present all rely on an arbitrary number posted at an arbitrary time at some dusty crossroads in cyberspace. Oh well I had a dream this week that I got a 36, and a friend of mine had a dream that I got a 6! Hopefully by this time tomorrow my subconcious will have something new to obsess over; its more fun dreaming about girls than test scores!

I think this is my first time posting in this thread but that's because I swore I wouldn't come to the MCAT forum until scores were released. Well, I caved a couple of days ago. Anyway. The dream comment made me laugh because I dreamed I got a 230 on it. I woke up sooooo confused. I have no idea how my brain mixed up Step I scores and MCAT scores. Gah.

:luck: to everyone. :xf: for tomorrow!

Hey guys, I just wanted to post this excerpt from the "Big Bad Ban" post in the main MCAT forum:
MCAT Rules said:
2) Do not make posts that falsely claim that MCAT scores are available.

The stress of waiting for scores is intense enough where posting false “scores are up” posts serves only to increase the unneeded and unwelcome anxiety of your peers. These types of posts fall under "trolling and intending to inflame".

**Users caught posting false information will be post-held for seven days.

Thanks guys, and good luck tomorrow!

The day we have all been waiting for is finally here! i don't know how i will sleep in this state of excitement/worry!!

Good Luck TO EVERYONE!

well i caved and finally got on sdn to see what was going on. good luck everyone! 3pm here we come...(or 5?....or 7?...or never.....:confused:)

:eek: Here I am trying to study for other exams uselessly... All I think is "I gotta check. I gotta check!"...

This wait is killing me... I don't even want to look at it for another week or so until I am on Spring Break... That way I can celebrate or just crawl into a whole and cry for a week...

:eek: Here I am trying to study for other exams uselessly... All I think is "I gotta check. I gotta check!"...

Yeah, I know the feeling. I cancelled a meeting for today in order to study. But I doubt I'll be able to. I feel so sick to my stomach. I haven't been this nervous in awhile.

do you guys check constantly, periodically (i.e. on the hour, etc), or do you not look at it at all until 3pm (or 5 pm)?

I have work that starts at 2:00 and goes till 9 pm!!! My boss was completely unsympathetic when I asked if there was any way to rework our schedules. Nonetheless, there's a computer so I could theoretically sneak on there and check now and then...

do you guys check constantly, periodically (i.e. on the hour, etc), or do you not look at it at all until 3pm (or 5 pm)?

I have work that starts at 2:00 and goes till 9 pm!!! My boss was completely unsympathetic when I asked if there was any way to rework our schedules. Nonetheless, there's a computer so I could theoretically sneak on there and check now and then...

Constantly... as though my timing may have been off just by a couple of seconds... In fact... I better check again!

Nothing.

7 hrs remaining. I think I'll watch yesterday's 24 to waste 2 of those hours.

So, how many of you are using your scores to help you get off a waitlist?

Besides that, I don't really see what the big deal is. Yes, it would be nice to know so you can stop worrying (or start planning a re-take), but there's not much you can do this time of year with your scores since AMCAS doesn't open up until summertime.

...just saying.

Last edited:
So, how many of you are using your scores to help you get off a waitlist?

Besides that, I don't really see what the big deal is. Yes, it would be nice to know so you can stop worrying (are start planning a re-take), but there's not much you can do this time of year with your scores since AACAS doesn't open up until summertime.

...just saying.

Another reason... someone is applying to a D.O. school for late admissions... Me:D I was originally doing physical therapy and then I switched to pre-med. I was not going to apply until the next cycle (for class of 2014) but I saw a D.O. school I was planning on applying to had their application deadline until April. I am graduating in April and I would rather start this Fall instead of waiting 18 months! I need these scores ASAP for my application!