The Offical "Oh Crap! I have to take shirt off in OMM lab in August" Workout Log

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To me, the person that I want to look most like in terms of definition and physique (but I have a larger frame and build) is Bruce Lee. Chuck Norris is chump change compared to him.

bruce%20lee%20beats%20up%20chuck%20norris.jpg

Thats right Bruce....kick Chuck's ***.​
Well he did beat up on Chuck in some movies...and it wouldn't surprise me if he could hand him his A.

Members don't see this ad.

12--CHUCK---NORRIS----Werbu.jpg

Bruce Lee's jeans are scared of Chuck Norris's jeans.
Chuck Norris's jeans will kick Bruce Lee's jean's *sses.

402px-Chuck_norris_toilet_paper.png

The toilet paper of Chuck Norris kicks Bruce Lee's toilet paper's *ss.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Bodybuilding is the worst sport ever. I don't know why anyone would do it, especially at the level that requires you to look like that.

my kines professor was a bodybuilder in college....now he is a vegan bicyclist soon to be ironman.... i think he felt the same way you do.

it was awesomet tho...last day of class we found an old pic of him as a body builder...blew it up at kinkos and cut out the face so we could all take turns takin pictures as him...haha, priceless. he of course joined in on the fun.

I am a bodybuilder, not really lean right now though. I will have to find some pics or take some of my legs. I have the massive quads and a ghetto booty from all the squats!

I am a bodybuilder, not really lean right now though. I will have to find some pics or take some of my legs. I have the massive quads and a ghetto booty from all the squats!
drooling.jpg

:Dcareful you may cause excessive drooling on this thread!!!:D

I really need to see this.:D:D

Did someone mention ghetto booty?

2499644001_bbffc1185f_o.jpg

How many of you are counting this as your daily exercise routine?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iYBmAVuBns[/YOUTUBE]

Be honest now...

I just got back into the gym after about 8 months. It feels great, although it is depressing to be so weak. I figure a year+ should be enough time to get nice and jacked for OMM. ;) I was fairly content with my deadlift the other day. It was the first time since last September and I busted out 405 for 4 with no wrist wraps or gloves. My hands are paying for it now, but oh well. Who needs skin on their hands?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got back into the gym after about 8 months. It feels great, although it is depressing to be so weak. I figure a year+ should be enough time to get nice and jacked for OMM. ;) I was fairly content with my deadlift the other day. It was the first time since last September and I busted out 405 for 4 with no wrist wraps or gloves. My hands are paying for it now, but oh well. Who needs skin on their hands?

I did legs on Tuesday and now the DOMS has me walking funny.

Endurox-R4 post-workout --> Significantly reduced DOMS

That **** is the nectar of the gods.

I'm doing very high reps on deadlift (and everything else) these days, to improve anaerobic endurance.

I also did a freaking nasty bike ride yesterday. Pretty hilly ride with ridiculous wind. The wind was blowing from the side on the way out, which is where all the sweet downhills are. So I'm screaming down these hills at 40 mph with wind gusts hitting me from the side. It was actually pretty terrifying.

On the way back, where I get to ride up all the sweet hills I got to ride down on the way out, the wind had shifted to be right in my freaking face. It was really tough. It was only about a 30-miler, but my legs were toast. I'm still a little tired, but thanks to the magic of Endurox-R4, I am lifting today.

Man, I can't find that Endurox; I've checked a couple stores, including Whole Foods and my gym (where there's an extensive selection) to no avail. What gives?

How many of you are counting this as your daily exercise routine?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iYBmAVuBns[/YOUTUBE]

Be honest now...

I really want this!

GNC and similar places will have endurox. They probably have it at just about any bike shop or tri shop too.

Have any of you tried waxy maize post workout, mixed with some bcaa's? It works really good, worst tasting stuff ever though.

So what the best exercise regimen I should take when wanting to really tone my legs and buttocks?? Running...lifting...squats??? anything else?? At the same time preparing for a marathon??

Nothing has helped me with DOMS except for time. I walked around like a t-rex for 2 days after my first arm day. I have tried every damn supplement on the planet and have had limited yield for the money with all. I will say that ZMA was almost like steroids....I got tons of acne on my back and everything. My balls didn't shrink, but for about 2 weeks it worked great. :p

Leg day is my favorite. I wish the gym here didn't suck and had 12 inch boxes and what not. I must be masochistic. It is just my thang! I'm 6'5", so it is a long distance to squat!

Leg day is my favorite. I wish the gym here didn't suck and had 12 inch boxes and what not. I must be masochistic. It is just my thang! I'm 6'5", so it is a long distance to squat!

Yeah I'm 6'4"

It's a whole other ball game when you are tall.

This ought to help some of you, and it fits right in with the title of the thread.
I give you the perfect Pavlovian diet.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19587389/

It can strike any time — even in the early hours of the morning. One user writes: "(Y)a know how when you start moving around in the morning ya pass a little gas. Well, I did and then went into the bathroom and to my horror I had an orange river of grease running down my leg."

Thanks Slim!! That gave me a good laugh this morning. I love it that they tell you to wear dark pants or bring a change of clothes with you to work.

Yeah I'm 6'4"

It's a whole other ball game when you are tall.

People don't realize how much tougher it is for people over a certain height. Just the physics of it. I am much more impressed by a tall dude (6'2" +) that can do a legal squat at 450 over a 5'8" guy squatting (or benching) 500.

The guy I learned most of my lifting stuff from benched 730 at the time. He was 240 lbs but only 5'8". You begin to notice the trends at the competitions. The tall guys just don't stand a shot. I had to get a bench shirt for my big lifts to protect my shoulders...it was just too much weight. I saw a guy that was probably in the 6'7" range the other week. He was repping 450 like it was a warmup. After the initial "wow", my first thought was "How the hell can his shoulders take that?"

Is that serious? You MUST work out in medical school? That doesn't make sense....almost everyone i know never works out in their life....that seems odd.

Is that serious? You MUST work out in medical school? That doesn't make sense....almost everyone i know never works out in their life....that seems odd.

DO schools aren't for the ugly or the out of shape. Only the most fit best looking can go DO.

Woo hoo! Just came home from the gym after a good 2 week hiatus... and I didn't even stop to get a mocha blast on the way home. I rock. I know. :D Feeling prit-ty darn good about myself!

Woo hoo! Just came home from the gym after a good 2 week hiatus... and I didn't even stop to get a mocha blast on the way home. I rock. I know. :D Feeling prit-ty darn good about myself!

Yay fab! I've been down because I don't really have time to exercise because I always have the kids, so today (it was finally nice out here) I took all three out for a walk, I wore the baby in a front carrier and pulled the two older ones in the wagon for probably a good 2.5-3 mile walk, of course I had to take them to the park afterwards where I sat in a swing tired, bit it was nice.

Yay fab! I've been down because I don't really have time to exercise because I always have the kids, so today (it was finally nice out here) I took all three out for a walk, I wore the baby in a front carrier and pulled the two older ones in the wagon for probably a good 2.5-3 mile walk, of course I had to take them to the park afterwards where I sat in a swing tired, bit it was nice.

Girl, you must've been exhausted-- especially carrying the 6-month old the whole way. I remember I tried to walk to my daughter's pre-k program last year... getting there was fine, getting back was a different story. I thought I was going to pass out! I think my pride kept me going :laugh:... no ambulances surrounding me, no sir buddy.

Down to 224 and really trimming up nicely. I think I can be about 215, with 7-ish % body fat by my first OMM lab in less than 3 months.

Down to 224 and really trimming up nicely. I think I can be about 215, with 7-ish % body fat by my first OMM lab in less than 3 months.
Texas Tri takes off his whirling dervish dress, his brown Office Depot trash can hat, and shaves his stache!!!
markus_reinhardt.jpg

If I ever look like that, I want to be killed.

believe me, i know the kinda bod you're buildin! thumbs up!!!!!!!
this is why, at the last triathlon i crewed for my girlfriend Anne, that she had 1/2 of a warm beer left at the finish line. I handed out an entire 2 cases of dry-ice packed freezing cold beer to many TT-clones running it in. couldn't resist. i am only human, after all!!!girl knows how to have fun!!!!!!!!!
a veritable plethora of hot guys. and my best friend Anne saying, "WTF? WHERE'S ALL THE BUD LIGHT???" and I'm like, "They were too hot, SHUT UP! It was for a good cause!"

workout music from japan.
gimme some hifana!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS9J36D7KsE[/youtube]

ooh and then after that, a nice upper body workout from japan too!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ioYGB6iZfI[/youtube]

This is the only ghetto booty shot I can find. As soon as my camera gets back from best buy, or if they replace it, I am updating shot for all my power lifts.
IMG_1635.jpg

LECOM requires a sports bra and shorts for the girls. Do you know if we are allowed to wear tights under our shorts, or something like a ballerina outfit (no tu-tu). I guess I should stop being so vain, but I never wear anything like this in public or even at home. I have a flat stomach thanks to pilates, but I hate my legs!!! Does anyone have tips? I jump rope a lot and have started to run but nothing seems to work. Maybe it's just my body shape. Oh well, at least I have legs.:)

Triathlon causes awesome legs. It takes some time though.

Triathlon causes awesome legs. It takes some time though.

I would definitely have to second that.

Actually, I would have to add, that triathlon causes the best body, as a whole. Especially abs, and butt, and everything. Triathlon has gotten me into the best shape... everyone should do it : )

So what the best exercise regimen I should take when wanting to really tone my legs and buttocks?? Running...lifting...squats??? anything else?? At the same time preparing for a marathon??

The squat is the muscle building king of exericise. If you want nice legs and glutes, squats are a must.

The "best exercise regimen" includes of mix of cardiovascular and resistance training. It also has to be a regimen you will do.

Of course none of that matters if you eat unhealthy.

I wish I could be a triathlete right now. Instead I get to be laid up and wait for surgery. However, I am gonna use this time to study for my MCAT hehehe

I have been looking into triathlons and I am becoming very interested in it. So should I do marathon first??? or could I just train to do a triathlon???

People don't realize how much tougher it is for people over a certain height. Just the physics of it. I am much more impressed by a tall dude (6'2" +) that can do a legal squat at 450 over a 5'8" guy squatting (or benching) 500.

The guy I learned most of my lifting stuff from benched 730 at the time. He was 240 lbs but only 5'8". You begin to notice the trends at the competitions. The tall guys just don't stand a shot. I had to get a bench shirt for my big lifts to protect my shoulders...it was just too much weight. I saw a guy that was probably in the 6'7" range the other week. He was repping 450 like it was a warmup. After the initial "wow", my first thought was "How the hell can his shoulders take that?"
And I get bored watching 6'7" people all have advantages in basketball...so we'll call it even.

A week straight and I'm still going strong! sorta
workout.gif