The Off Topic Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They don't make music like this anymore!

Just got back from driving down the beach with the top down, listening to

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZUcVFPrml0[/YOUTUBE]

Hope y'all are having a great weekend too! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hotwire.com is the greatest travel booking site on the planet. I got a 3.5 star suite hotel in the middle of everything I want to do for $39 a night...a fullsize rental car for $13/day...and a roundtrip flight that's usually $500 or so for $230.

I'm one cheap son of a bitch...

...and hopefully, Hertz will have 2010 Tauruses available...I wanna drive one...

studying is for dorks in school that cruise in a convertible listening to oldies and trying to look cool...

It hurts because this is me.

And Hotwire is amazing. Got a 4 star hotel in Downtown Atlanta for $49 a night a few months back.

Hotwire.com is the greatest travel booking site on the planet. I got a 3.5 star suite hotel in the middle of everything I want to do for $39 a night...a fullsize rental car for $13/day...and a roundtrip flight that's usually $500 or so for $230.

I'm one cheap son of a bitch...

...and hopefully, Hertz will have 2010 Tauruses available...I wanna drive one...

where are u going?

Members don't see this ad :)
I realize I used my 3000th post asking people if they wanted to get corn with me in NY.....CORN!

where have u been? yeah pandora is great, perfect for ipod/iphone. it even works on my instinct too.

i like iheartradio too to get my sportstalk fix

Under a rock evidently. It'll work on my Smartphone too...now I have to buy those goofy ear phones that fit in phone jacks and nowhere else.

Just bought some new basketball shoes.....this time I got reallllllllly HIGH tops, compared to my last shoes that I broke my ankle in. Also got this spiffy little warranty for 10 bucks that allows me to tear the shoes up in about 9 months and get my money back for them.

Just bought some new basketball shoes.....this time I got reallllllllly HIGH tops, compared to my last shoes that I broke my ankle in. Also got this spiffy little warranty for 10 bucks that allows me to tear the shoes up in about 9 months and get my money back for them.

Wait, forget I said anything....I think that's probably insurance fraud. :laugh:

I once knocked Nick Swisher on his ass in football practice and rang his bell. Now I find out on Jimmy Fallon that he's dating a supermodel and is apparently a superstar player for the Yankees and is an all-star. When the **** did that happen? That dude used to live like two doors down from my boy Wix. That **** is ****ing weird.

Thought this would fit here. "50 things that are being killed by the internet"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/6133903/50-things-that-are-being-killed-by-the-internet.html

9) The myth of cat intelligence
The proudest household pets are now the illiterate butts of caption-based jokes. Icanhasreputashunback?

What's up with the cat pictures and the cutsey baby talk shiet. How does that shiet blow up in pop culture

images

large_cat1.jpg

Look at this mofo

icanhascheezburger.com is serious business lol...

They generate 2 million hit/day.. if you know about internet traffic,which usually average about $0.5 CPM (CPM = cost per 1,000 pageviews), they get about $1000/day... just from ads...

"According to TIME Magazine, the website was acquired by a group of investors in September 2007 for US $2 million"

Just funny pictures of cats earn that much... @_@

Why did the baker have brown fingers?

This G20 summit **** is crazy. I have no idea why they chose Yinzer to host the thing, but they did. The local NBC station keeps interrupting Conan and Jimmy Fallon to show video of random people in Greenpeace shirts getting tear gassed. No way in hell I'm heading into the city any time this weekend...

I thought I was only getting $90k a year...but I extrapolated my usual paycheck to the end of the year and after bonuses and shift pay, I'm actually gonna get about $107k...freakin' eh...plus what they match on my 403(b)...and what they pay for medical insurance...wow...

I thought I was only getting $90k a year...but I extrapolated my usual paycheck to the end of the year and after bonuses and shift pay, I'm actually gonna get about $107k...freakin' eh...plus what they match on my 403(b)...and what they pay for medical insurance...wow...
je suis jealous.

I just learned that Lady Gaga's parents went to WVU back in the 70s.

I figure that pretty much explains it all.
...just out of curiosity, how did you come across this piece of information?

Someone in Morgantown. Her momma was a cheerleader at WVU in the 70s. Name was Cynthia Bissett at the time. Booyah.

So Lady Gaga's real name is Cynthia Bissett? Or is that her mom.
Lady Gaga is strange.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYr_DZSOdkk[/YOUTUBE]

Hey WVU, 2001 in BluRay was a transcendent experience. Also, I'm getting Fallout 3 game of the year edition on Oct. 13th.

getimage.dll

Hell, let's just keep them all on heroin...

I didn't think Cocaine was considered a narcotic?

Man, I've been up since 6:30 this morning. I had to present research all day at this student research forum....I got 1st place in undergraduate presentations! Woot, Woot!

Cocaine was incorrectly classified as a narcotic by the US government, but we all know they're right even when they're wrong... so narcotic it remains.