The MCAT Blues - Something I'd thought I'd share

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Richie Truxillo

Your Scut Monkey Mentor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had to take the MCAT 3 times before finally getting into school, so I echo everyone's frustration on the most pointless test known to man. Therefore I recorded a song back in 2002 to get all these emotions out. Granted it isn't the best sounding thing as it was done on the fly, but hope ya'll get a chuckle out of it. ;P

http://www.richietruxillo.com/MCATBlues.mp3

-Richie

Members don't see this ad.

Someone actually posted this a few days after the MCAT. Looks like your fame has preceded you :laugh: .

Great song, btw ;).

Not one bit hehe My music is free to download and I have small recording contract I just haven't finished either one of my albums yet cause I've been working full time to make ends meet :) Even when the album comes out, I'll always keep it up for download on MP3. I'm not an RIAA nazi like a good deal of the recording industry. :p Besides, it's just a hobby mainly for fun.

Best of luck to all of you taking the MCAT.

I took my useless Kaplan book and burned it and sprinkled the ashes over the ocean hehe. Examkrackers MCAT Audio Osmosis is barnone the best exam prep you can get! I still have that dumb "That's the Peak" song running through my head from the NMR discussions :p

-Richie

Members don't see this ad :)
Funny song! Verbal Reasoning makes you want to be illiterate too?? Great song. :thumbup:

Richie Truxillo said:
I had to take the MCAT 3 times before finally getting into school, so I echo everyone's frustration on the most pointless test known to man. Therefore I recorded a song back in 2002 to get all these emotions out. Granted it isn't the best sounding thing as it was done on the fly, but hope ya'll get a chuckle out of it. ;P

-Richie

Man I was reading up on your previous MCAT stories...... did you really apply to ECU 4 times ..... I think that alone should have qualified you for a seat there ..... Well in the end all that matters is that you are going to be a doctor :thumbup:

Good Luck with med school and your up coming album

Richie if I were you I'd do something to make some cash off that song. If your not the first then you'll be one of the few to have a song like that out. Imagine a some comp., uses it as their song commerical logo.....= lots a royalties for richie :thumbup:
COMMERCIAL: "I got the MCAT blluuessss".... MODERATOR: "Have you got the blues?"....Pick KAPLAN

I hope you get in. The song was great, I hope you don't mind but I added a link to my Aim profile as I'll be taking the MCAT in august oh yes :) Thanks for the entertainment.

Richie Truxillo said:

-Richie

Great song dude. Quite thankfully you got into med school.
Cheers