The Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Homunculus

SDN Caveman Administrator
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so where's everyone going? i'll be posting mine later when i get to a computer that's capable of accessing the site. apparently the older internet explorer browsers that they have at this rotation don't support the fanciness that is military medicine :)

Members don't see this ad.

I matched in Ob/Gyn at Walter Reed/National Naval Center.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am off to Augusta for Aerospace medicine!!!:clap:

Pediatrics -- Madigan Army Medical Center.

Good graduation presents include -- rain coats, umbrellas (not while in uniform of course), galoshes, wet suit, snorkle.....

Congrats all.

Ed

Radiology at Naval Med Center Portsmouth, I get to stay here in town, back to my old stomping ground...the involuntary shakes I used to get remembering internship have subsided.
DD

Just a general question about the military match...

So, I take it as a 4th year med student you match first with your internship (surg, ped's, transitional, med, etc.).

Then the following year during internship, if not longer as a GMO, you match in the GME 2+ selection.

Is this the case?

If so, you will basically have no idea what you're really going into until you're done with internship year or GMO.

For instance you do a surg internship and think you're going to be a urologist. Then, after the internship you end up matching in neurosurg. I mean this is quite a bit of a difference in fields, unless of course you're a guy and then it's essentially the same gig.