The Long Wait

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KatieOConnor

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
6-1-2004

It's been nearly two months and spirits are starting to dwindle. I've begun to run low on supplies and I can only hope that I can make it the extra week, or two weeks, or three weeks or ..AAAUUURRUGHGHA

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Running low on supplies?

indo said:
Running low on supplies?

Running low on supplies and not sure I can survive this long winter with no hope. Is rescue even on the way? Will it be what I need or some lame attempt at help, bearing only a stale jellybean?

If only I knew...

I just feel my score is going to be worse and worse as each day rolls by :(

MoosePilot said:
Running low on supplies and not sure I can survive this long winter with no hope. Is rescue even on the way? Will it be what I need or some lame attempt at help, bearing only a stale jellybean?

If only I knew...

I've heard that many premeds that studied with the Examkrackers books have resorted to eating Salty the Kracker as a sole source of food for the seemingly incessant winter... :(

Phil Anthropist said:
I've heard that many premeds that studied with the Examkrackers books have resorted to eating Salty the Kracker as a sole source of food for the seemingly incessant winter... :(

CRAKA ASS CRACKA. Good stuff. :thumbup:

6-2-2004

I went to the AAMC website and logged onto the MCAT score report section where I pressed "refresh" four or five times. Despite a heartening thread whose title seemed to imply that the scores are out, I was met with nothing. Nothing but some abysmal scores from the April 2001 test.

I found some old cookie crumbs hidden between the cushions of the computer chairs and slowly began to eat, staring blankly at the screen.

KatieOConnor said:
6-2-2004

I went to the AAMC website and logged onto the MCAT score report section where I pressed "refresh" four or five times. Despite a heartening thread whose title seemed to imply that the scores are out, I was met with nothing. Nothing but some abysmal scores from the April 2001 test.

I found some old cookie crumbs hidden between the cushions of the computer chairs and slowly began to eat, staring blankly at the screen.

hahaha the last sentence rocks. :thumbup:

KatieOConnor said:
6-2-2004

..thats poetic. The 'found' cookie crumbs as a metaphor for the emptiness that has engulfed you, one that leaves you unable to enjoy the unrequieted happiness of finding a cookie...be it stale, cumbled and sat on. Powerful stuff.

Phil Anthropist said:

Salty tastes like paper. I would know. I ate the one of his practice tests after it didnt make no sense and it tasted like paper. So there that settles that--Salty tastes like paper. Don't eat Salty unless you like paper.

I don't suppose someone could post a screen shot of the AAMC.org online score checker (with some scores). You can blur out your scores if you want but I want to see what the screen looks like with something other than "April MCAT scores will be available in June....you have no MCAT scores"

6-3-2004

My right buttock is growing increasingly numb as I sit here. This morning, it stopped responding to subtle pinches. I tried moving my right leg up and down to revive it but to no avail.

I can only hope that my scores come out soon... before it is too late for my right buttock.

dnelsen said:
I don't suppose someone could post a screen shot of the AAMC.org online score checker (with some scores). You can blur out your scores if you want but I want to see what the screen looks like with something other than "April MCAT scores will be available in June....you have no MCAT scores"

I'd be willing to, but the only way I know how to save it is as an html file. I edited my personal data out and eliminated all the hyperlinks, but I'm hesitant to post it because I don't know enough to know whether it could be used to get into my AAMC account.

Any suggestions?

MoosePilot said:
I'd be willing to, but the only way I know how to save it is as an html file. I edited my personal data out and eliminated all the hyperlinks, but I'm hesitant to post it because I don't know enough to know whether it could be used to get into my AAMC account.

Any suggestions?

Probably don't want people to see your AAMC ID or your name, but even with that info I don't think people could log in as you or anything. You could also do a screen capture by holding down Alt and Pressing "PrtScn". Then paste the image into microsoft paint or some photo editing software. Then you could blur out the info you don't want anyone to see. Or you can just email me the .html......I promise not to use your ID :D

When I took the MCAT in 2001, my pre-med advisor had my scores before I did. Don't know if that still happens now though

The waiting is a killer. I remember it well. I feel for you all. It will be over soon though :thumbup: :scared: :eek: :cool: :D :)