The Investment Thread (stocks, bonds, real estate, retirement, just not gold)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Because it does? Of course nothing is guaranteed but that's what has happened so far. It was under 17k a year ago and it has already run up to 44k, so that's even less than 4 years.

4 years from what point ? Give me a month year.
Would love to revisit at that time and see if it holds true.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I remember when I was in middle school the US national debt crossed the $3T threshold, and everyone in the media was freaking out… “the sky is falling!” “this isn’t sustainable!” “the US is going to lose its status as the Global reserve currency!”

Then it crossed $10T, $20T, $30T - same story each time… “we can’t keep doing this!”

Now here we are at ~$34T (and growing by the second). Maybe “this time will be different” but personally, I don’t see anything changing.

If there is no consequence to money printing then why not print twice as much?

Taking on debt is fine when the economy is still growing fast but you can’t spend more than you make forever.

Debt to GDP has surpassed WW2 when the U.S. had to print money to keep the war going. Its growth is much faster than previous estimates. Before covid the yearly deficit was not even $1T. It is now $2T and the government is borrowing another $1.5T in the next 6 months. What do you think will happen when there is another crisis?

IMG_1743.jpg

It’s not to the exact month, but Bitcoin was created in 2009 and peaked in 2013, 2017, and 2021. You can pull up the chart and see for yourself.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

You can read about halving here and compare the 3 dates to the all time BTC chart. The bull runs came about a year later after each halving like clockwork.

Nov. 28, 2012
July 9, 2016
May 11, 2020

The next one will happen sometime in 2024.

You can read about halving here and compare the 3 dates to the all time BTC chart. The bull runs came about a year later after each halving like clockwork.

Nov. 28, 2012
July 9, 2016
May 11, 2020

The next one will happen sometime in 2024.
yeh lets see what happens in a year. if i was a betting man i would throw 1k at it not happening lol.

I remember when I was in middle school the US national debt crossed the $3T threshold, and everyone in the media was freaking out… “the sky is falling!” “this isn’t sustainable!” “the US is going to lose its status as the Global reserve currency!”

Then it crossed $10T, $20T, $30T - same story each time… “we can’t keep doing this!”

Now here we are at ~$34T (and growing by the second). Maybe “this time will be different” but personally, I don’t see anything changing.

There was a time when 25 billion market cap was unheard of for a stock. Now no-name companies with no earnings have 25+ billion market cap and no one blinks an eye. NVDA is worth 1.17 trillion and no one even questions it.

New cookie cutter homes used to cost 100k and now they're 1-3 million and it's normal.

So the national debt is not surprising with everything else increasing exponentially.

Last edited:
Is it still Russian propaganda to say Ukraine has lost the war? Russia changed strategy. It has been waging a war of attrition. Once the Ukrainian military has been degraded, Russia will take more land.

Ukraine will need to give up land to Russia. If it does that now it might save itself from becoming a land locked country. I know it won’t. There will no negotiation. It will be settled on the battlefield.

IMG_1745.jpg

Is it still Russian propaganda to say Ukraine has lost the war? Russia changed strategy. It has been waging a war of attrition. Once the Ukrainian military has been degraded, Russia will take more land.

Ukraine will need to give up land to Russia. If it does that now it might save itself from becoming a land locked country. I know it won’t. There will no negotiation. It will be settled on the battlefield. View attachment 379739

Russia lost the war last March. Their goal was the elimination of the Ukrainian state (as well as language and culture.) That isn't happening. So they are just trying to control as much as they can. It cost them about 100,000 men to take Bakmut and continue to fail to take Avdiivka alone. These are small towns that the Ukranians turned into fortresses. In order to actually take the most important cities of Ukraine (Odessa, Kyiv, Kharkiv, Kherson) they would need more men than in the entire Russian Federation. To "landlock" Ukriane, they would need to recross the Dniper (of which Ukraine has recently established a large beachhead on the left bank), retake what is being turned into a fortress (Kherson) andd then take what has been turned into an even bigger fortress (Odessa). I just don't see how that can happen given the current state of things. Maybe if China enters the war? Or Iran?

It's the exact same thing that I told you it was going to be well over a year ago, it's going to be a long slog over who controls what territory in the Donbas and Crimea. It will likely be several more years. The Ukranians aren't going to give up. It's literally an existential threat that they face.

Russia lost the war last March. Their goal was the elimination of the Ukrainian state (as well as language and culture.) That isn't happening. So they are just trying to control as much as they can. It cost them about 100,000 men to take Bakmut and continue to fail to take Avdiivka alone. These are small towns that the Ukranians turned into fortresses. In order to actually take the most important cities of Ukraine (Odessa, Kyiv, Kharkiv, Kherson) they would need more men than in the entire Russian Federation. To "landlock" Ukriane, they would need to recross the Dniper (of which Ukraine has recently established a large beachhead on the left bank), retake what is being turned into a fortress (Kherson) andd then take what has been turned into an even bigger fortress (Odessa). I just don't see how that can happen given the current state of things. Maybe if China enters the war? Or Iran?

It's the exact same thing that I told you it was going to be well over a year ago, it's going to be a long slog over who controls what territory in the Donbas and Crimea. It will likely be several more years. The Ukranians aren't going to give up. It's literally an existential threat that they face.

The truth is the first casualty of war so take everything you hear from the media (being feed from the sources in the pentagon) with a huge grain of salt.

For months, Russia kept the one remaining road into Bakhmut intact. Why didn’t Russia destroy it? Because Russia had Bakhmut surrounded and with an artillery shells advantage of 3 to 1, Russia wanted to turn Bakhmut into a meat grinder for the Ukrainians. And that is exactly what happened. Ukraine couldn’t give up Bakhmut not because it has strategic value but because Ukraine couldn’t afford to lose a political war. So it kept on sending in more and more troops…a tragic mistake.

The EU promised Ukraine 1m artillery shells. It failed miserably. Even small South Korea was able to send 330,000 shells, more than all of the countries in the EU combined. This is what happens when your country is a service economy. No one needs Starbucks in times of war.

Remember how Russia is just a gas station masquerading as a country narrative? Remember how it was supposed to collapse within weeks of US sanctions? Russia has a real economy. It has natural resources that the world needs.

It is over for Ukraine but since 2024 election is coming up, this stupid war has to keep on going.

Members don't see this ad :)
The truth is the first casualty of war so take everything you hear from the media (being feed from the sources in the pentagon) with a huge grain of salt.
And yet you believe **** Kim Dotcom tells you, so...yeah.

For months, Russia kept the one remaining road into Bakhmut intact. Why didn’t Russia destroy it? Because Russia had Bakhmut surrounded and with an artillery shells advantage of 3 to 1, Russia wanted to turn Bakhmut into a meat grinder for the Ukrainians. And that is exactly what happened. Ukraine couldn’t give up Bakhmut not because it has strategic value but because Ukraine couldn’t afford to lose a political war. So it kept on sending in more and more troops…a tragic mistake.
Russia lost considerably more troops in Bahkmut than Ukraine. Like 5 times as many were the last estimates I read. WTF are you talking about.

The EU promised Ukraine 1m artillery shells. It failed miserably. Even small South Korea was able to send 330,000 shells, more than all of the countries in the EU combined. This is what happens when your country is a service economy. No one needs Starbucks in times of war.
The French have been waging wars in Africa for decades at this point. The Brits have been in the Middle East with the old ball and chain Daddy America. And Germany is one of the top manufacturers of like everything in the world. WTF are you talking about.

Remember how Russia is just a gas station masquerading as a country narrative?
They are.

I'd describe them as a mafia masquerading as a country, but gas station is also a good descriptor. Without Gazprom, they would pretty much have nothing.

Remember how it was supposed to collapse within weeks of US sanctions?

No.

Russia has a real economy.
It isn't figurative, I agree.

It has natural resources that the world needs.
Yes, again, a gas station.
It is over for Ukraine but since 2024 election is coming up, this stupid war has to keep on going.

Sure.

What other evidence do you need? Here is an article on the EU missing its 1m artillery shells goal. It is only able to deliver 300,000 shells less than little South Korea

IMG_1746.jpg

If anything, this war has shown the US doesn’t have some miracle weapons from the Patriot Missile System to ATACMS. Worst yet, Russia has learned how to counter them and will be sharing its knowledge with other countries.

Other countries saw how the U.S. confiscated Russia funds and are now starting to trade within their own currencies, bypassing the U.S. dollars. The long term consequence for the dollar will be huge.

Ukraine counteroffensive has completely failed at a great cost. The average age of a Ukrainian soldier is now 43 which means a lot of men in their 50s are being sent to the frontline.

If Ukraine is winning then why does Zelenskyy have to come to DC to beg for more money? Does that make any sense to you?

What other evidence do you need? Here is an article on the EU missing its 1m artillery shells goal. It is only able to deliver 300,000 shells less than little South Korea

View attachment 379750
You claimed that Europe is just a service economy. Which is silly. They have a mature defense industry and robust manufacturing in their major economies.

If anything, this war has shown the US doesn’t have some miracle weapons from the Patriot Missile System to ATACMS.

ATACMS are old. And they've been giving Russia a lot of trouble. Patriots, too. They downed a fifth-gen fighter with it just a week ago or so. The "miracle weapons" are things like THAADS, F-35s, F-22s , etc. If the US entered full bore with everything they have, it would be over in about a week, if that. But they won't. Biden is too afraid of the electorate.

Worst yet, Russia has learned how to counter them and will be sharing its knowledge with other countries.
Ok, fine. And like I've said, if they go back into time and get into a war with the 1980s US military, we'll be in trouble.

Other countries saw how the U.S. confiscated Russia funds and are now starting to trade within their own currencies, bypassing the U.S. dollars. The long term consequence for the dollar will be huge.
Probably not. It's still the world reserve. Most Western countries aren't planning on waging illegal wars and rather like having currency manipulation as a means of limiting rouge countries. I guess the autocracies don't like the dollar, but, oh well.

Ukraine counteroffensive has completely failed at a great cost.
I wouldn't say it completely failed. They retook Kharkiv Oblast and Kherson. But they didn't take as much as they wanted.

The average age of a Ukrainian soldier is now 43 which means a lot of men in their 50s are being sent to the frontline.
It was always pretty high.

If Ukraine is winning then why does Zelenskyy have to come to DC to beg for more money? Does that make any sense to you?

I wouldn't say anyone is winning. He needs more weapons. He should get them. IF we don't stop Russia now, they will continue.

The NATO countries should enter the war and kick Russia out of Ukraine. Putin won't do **** about it, either. He's all talk. But they won't because our leaders are weak.

@WVUPharm2007

I haven’t followed the Russia-Ukraine war for several months, but you seem to be well-informed, so I’m genuinely curious about some statements you made above?

“Russia lost the war last March”
But…
It’s “going to be a long slog… likely to last several more years” ??

These statements seem to conflict?

And I assume the US (taxpayers) are obligated to fund this “several more years” war, in the name of “freedom and democracy”? How many more billions (or trillions will that take? How do you feel about that?

And if it takes Russia several years and this much difficulty to overtake Ukraine, do you really think world domination or invading a NATO country (ex: Poland) is in the cards for them?

@WVUPharm2007

Yes, 70% of the EU economy is service based

If Europe is really concerned about Russia invading its territory, you would think they would at least spend 2% of their GDP on their military…wouldn’t you?

Forget about Europe going to war against battle hardened Russian soldiers in Ukraine. They won’t do better than the Ukrainians

Reactions: 1 users
IF we don't stop Russia now, they will continue.
This libra person might be right but speaks as if they know they are right. Maybe Russia does end up being successful. It seems like libra is cheering for them. I most likely think Russia will continue if they aren't stopped. I hope Ukraine can defend its territory and even get the occupied territories back. It will be a hard job. Ukraine let corruption and bad governance happen for so long that it is hard to put up an effective defense. Russia would be even a worse government than the one they had in Ukraine. People I know in Ukraine don't think their government is on the up and up but they think Russian government is worse.

This libra person might be right but speaks as if they know they are right. Maybe Russia does end up being successful. It seems like libra is cheering for them. I most likely think Russia will continue if they aren't stopped. I hope Ukraine can defend its territory and even get the occupied territories back. It will be a hard job. Ukraine let corruption and bad governance happen for so long that it is hard to put up an effective defense. Russia would be even a worse government than the one they had in Ukraine. People I know in Ukraine don't think their government is on the up and up but they think Russian government is worse.

I am just a messenger. I have been saying this for a while…this stupid war shouldn’t have started. Peace was on the table. I have sympathy for the Ukrainians. The sooner this war ends the better for everyone including the Ukrainians.

Ukraine needs to take a big L. The counteroffensive has failed miserably. There is no point in sending more Ukrainian men in their 50s to the frontline and to die. And for what? So it can be prolonged for another year when the inevitability is crystal clear? So it can finally join nato?

How can Russia conquer Europe when it had troubles with Ukraine? How is it to going to suppress a hostile population in the hundreds of millions? It is laughable. It is a scare tactic to get more funding for Ukraine. If Europe actually believes this, they would increase their military. It doesn’t even meet the bare minimum of 2% gdp on military spending.

@WVUPharm2007

I haven’t followed the Russia-Ukraine war for several months, but you seem to be well-informed, so I’m genuinely curious about some statements you made above?

“Russia lost the war last March”
But…
It’s “going to be a long slog… likely to last several more years” ??

These statements seem to conflict?
They do not. Russia's intent was to conquer Ukraine and install a new government. They failed. This was their primary goal. Ukraine's primary goal was to keep their sovereignty. Which they have.

Now they are in this stage where Russia are trying to save as much face as possible by annexing as much land as possible before they sign a peace agreement. Any sense of "victory" Russia would gain in territory will be wildly Pyrrhic in nature based on the utter decimation their military has suffered. Not to mention the expansion of NATO in Scandanavia as well as Ukraine likely becoming a NATO state as well.

And I assume the US (taxpayers) are obligated to fund this “several more years” war, in the name of “freedom and democracy”? How many more billions (or trillions will that take? How do you feel about that?
It really hasn't cost the US that much. A fraction of the defense budget. Most of the weapons were surplus. A lot of the total given is just money on a ledger that has already been spent. And all of the money spent beyond that stays in the US inside the MIC, boosting the US economy.

What would make MORE sense is to just cut the defense budget by 5% and give it to Ukraine. Trading 5% of your defense budget to keep the 2nd nearest peer hostile military after China decimated and unable to project any sort of military strength for who knows how long is one of the greatest bargains the US military has ever gotten.

Not doing it would be one of the most idiotic things the US would ever do.

And if it takes Russia several years and this much difficulty to overtake Ukraine, do you really think world domination or invading a NATO country (ex: Poland) is in the cards for them?
No, they won't touch NATO countries right now. They will only try what they think they could get away with. Touching NATO would result in the glassing of their military overnight.

But they need to be stopped in Ukraine because Ukraine is the bread basket of Europe. They would control the food production for a large portion of Africa and Europe. Which would grant them considerable economic leverage that they don't need to be enjoying for the security of the NATO alliance. Having Ukraine as a member of NATO where NATO could stage defensive measures would be invaluable for the security of the EU.

I was worried about Moldova, though. They are not NATO and they have their own weird little breakaway wannabe area called Transnistria that Putin would figure out a way to use as casus belli to invade them as well. Thankfully Ukraine stopped that rather decisively.

Last edited:
That's because before the Maidan, they were pretty much controlled by Russian influence. Russia is a mafia state. So Ukraine was a mafia state. And they didn't start turning it around until they deposed Yanukovych into exile and moved closer to the EU. Which is why Putin invaded, he didn't want to lose Ukraine from under his sphere of influence.

I am just a messenger. I have been saying this for a while…this stupid war shouldn’t have started. Peace was on the table. I have sympathy for the Ukrainians. The sooner this war ends the better for everyone including the Ukrainians.

Ukraine needs to take a big L. The counteroffensive has failed miserably. There is no point in sending more Ukrainian men in their 50s to the frontline and to die. And for what? So it can be prolonged for another year when the inevitability is crystal clear? So it can finally join nato?

How can Russia conquer Europe when it had troubles with Ukraine? How is it to going to suppress a hostile population in the hundreds of millions? It is laughable. It is a scare tactic to get more funding for Ukraine. If Europe actually believes this, they would increase their military. It doesn’t even meet the bare minimum of 2% gdp on military spending.
Bruh, Germany, France, and the UK would utterly destroy Russia. They have US weapons. lmao. Not to mention the actual US who is treaty bound to defend them.

I do agree that they need to increase military spending. Of which, many have recently due to all of this. It's the reason Sweden and Finland joined the alliance.

Bruh, Germany, France, and the UK would utterly destroy Russia. They have US weapons. lmao. Not to mention the actual US who is treaty bound to defend them.

I do agree that they need to increase military spending. Of which, many have recently due to all of this. It's the reason Sweden and Finland joined the alliance.

You also believed Ukraine (with US weapons) would destroy Russia in the counteroffensive. When are you going to get in your head that Russia is a strong military power that shouldn’t be underestimated? It literally changed history by defeating Napoleon and Hitler. It is now the only power with real combat experience.

They do not. Russia's intent was to conquer Ukraine and install a new government. They failed. This was their primary goal. Ukraine's primary goal was to keep their sovereignty. Which they have.

Now they are in this stage where Russia are trying to save as much face as possible by annexing as much land as possible before they sign a peace agreement. Any sense of "victory" Russia would gain in territory will be wildly Pyrrhic in nature based on the utter decimation their military has suffered.

***DISCLAIMER: I’m not pro-Russia, I’m just anti-war.***

That being said… based on the above, wouldn’t NOW be a good time to push for a peace deal, versus drawing this out for several more years? Are thousands of more Ukrainian lives worth delaying giving Putin that small “pyrrhic” victory? (admittedly I had to look up what pyrrhic meant, and it’s not good) 😂

If you’re totally against a peace deal and giving Russia anything, what is your ultimate end—game? Let’s say you’re right; the US invests another $100B into this war, and Ukraine WINS - totally obliterates Russia, and Putin surrenders, begging for mercy his hands and knees - then what? Do we implement regime change in Russia (that always goes sooo well for us)? Public execution/humiliation of Putin (like Sadam Hussein)?

***DISCLAIMER: I’m not pro-Russia, I’m just anti-war.***

That being said… based on the above, wouldn’t NOW be a good time to push for a peace deal, versus drawing this out for several more years? Are thousands of more Ukrainian lives worth delaying giving Putin that small “pyrrhic” victory? (admittedly I had to look up what pyrrhic meant, and it’s not good)

If you’re totally against a peace deal and giving Russia anything, what is your ultimate end—game? Let’s say you’re right; the US invests another $100B into this war, and Ukraine WINS - totally obliterates Russia, and Putin surrenders, begging for mercy his hands and knees - then what? Do we implement regime change in Russia (that always goes sooo well for us)? Public execution/humiliation of Putin (like Sadam Hussein)?

I wish there was a sub charge on every paycheck for all of these wars so the public knows how costly they are. US has given $110b to Ukraine. In a few years that figure would easily become $500b. We are not even paying for it. Everything has been put on a credit card. Just serving the debt..paying interest (not touching the principle) has already crossed the $1T line. That is more than the defense budget and is equivalent to 25% of the total revenue the government collects. Again, just the interest payment.

And for what? Ukraine has already lost. It doesn’t have the manpower. US weapons are not miracle weapons. Economic sanctions have failed. Russia economy is now growing faster than Germany, France, UK.

This idea that Russia economy would collapse due to sanctions and Putin would be killed is just a wet dream. Even if NATO entered the fight in Ukraine and defeat Russia…there is no way China wouldn’t enter the war and let NATO install a pro-US regime in Russia…a country that it shares a huge border with and gets natural resources from. And then what?

It is a fantasy to think Russia is a weak country and doesn’t have friends. It has many friends especially in the global south who want Russia to win so it could balance US influence.

You don’t need to be a genius to know Ukraine wasn’t going to win this war. The media gets its information from sources in the pentagon and once again, the general public has been fooled. Remember “if Vietnam fall then communism will take over Asia”….”Iraq has WMD”……”Afghanistan will become a terrorist haven if we don’t invade the country”…and now “if Ukraine loses then Russia will invade Europe”. It is more BS to keep the war machine going.

I wish there was a sub charge on every paycheck for all of these wars so the public knows how costly they are. US has given $110b to Ukraine. In a few years that figure would easily become $500b. We are not even paying for it. Everything has been put on a credit card. Just serving the debt..paying interest (not touching the principle) has already crossed the $1T line. That is more than the defense budget and is equivalent to 25% of the total revenue the government collects. Again, just the interest payment.

And for what? Ukraine has already lost. It doesn’t have the manpower. US weapons are not miracle weapons. Economic sanctions have failed. Russia economy is now growing faster than Germany, France, UK.

This idea that Russia economy would collapse due to sanctions and Putin would be killed is just a wet dream. Even if NATO entered the fight in Ukraine and defeat Russia…there is no way China wouldn’t enter the war and let NATO install a pro-US regime in Russia…a country that it shares a huge border with and gets natural resources from. And then what?

It is a fantasy to think Russia is a weak country and doesn’t have friends. It has many friends especially in the global south who want Russia to win so it could balance US influence.

You don’t need to be a genius to know Ukraine wasn’t going to win this war. The media gets its information from sources in the pentagon and once again, the general public has been fooled. Remember “if Vietnam fall then communism will take over Asia”….”Iraq has WMD”……”Afghanistan will become a terrorist haven if we don’t invade the country”…and now “if Ukraine loses then Russia will invade Europe”. It is more BS to keep the war machine going.
Libra: Not judging here. I'm generally curious. How much Fox News you watch?

Libra: Not judging here. I'm generally curious. How much Fox News you watch?

You can disagree with my post all you want but I have been right about this stupid war.

I find it laughable that you actually think the media is somehow anti-war.

IMG_1749.jpg

Short term win but every country that wants to have an independent foreign policy would think twice about using US Financial settlement system to settle trades, including India, Brazil, Indonesia.

There is no need for a reserve currency for just transactional purposes. Using local currencies would also work. The dollar would then be less widely use and therefore, negatively affecting its value and reserve currency status.

It also doesn’t solve Ukraine’s main problem…not enough soldiers.

I just crossed the 1 mil $ net worth and I did not feel any different.

I have 100k in a money market account and I am getting only ~$415/month. I would like to invest that money in something long term.

What do you guys think about this property for investment? I would not mind to break even.

I just crossed the 1 mil $ net worth and I did not feel any different.

I have 100k in a money market account and I am getting only ~$415/month. I would like to invest that money in something long term.

What do you guys think about this property for investment? I would not mind to break even.

What is the cost breakdown? Rent? Down payment?

Congratulations on breaking thru $1m NW

Down payment 20% (80k), ~18k for inspection/appraisal, closing cost.

I mean what is the monthly cost (mortgage, property tax, maintenance, property manager, vacancy, HOA, etc) vs rent?

Banks usually need 25% down payment for rentals

I mean what is the monthly cost (mortgage, property tax, maintenance, property manager, vacancy, HOA, etc) vs rent?

Banks usually need 25% down payment for rentals

I don't know yet. I have not made any research regarding rent etc...

I am ok w/ 25% down payment.

As I said, I will be ok to break even (no cash flow)

I don't know yet. I have not made any research regarding rent etc...

I am ok w/ 25% down payment.

As I said, I will be ok to break even (no cash flow)

Whether or not a rental is a good buy depends mostly on the numbers and a few assumptions. We are talking about > $100 k investment after all

Whether or not a rental is a good buy depends mostly on the numbers and a few assumptions. We are talking about > $100 k investment after all
Would you do it assuming there won't be any cash flow? 110k is not a huge investment anyway.

Would you do it assuming there won't be any cash flow? 110k is not a huge investment anyway.

No, not only because you need to cover the difference every month but you may be over paying for a rental. Also, how are you going to compare property #1 vs #2 without knowing the numbers?

You'll be a multi millionaire soon then.
Lol. As soon I have 2.5 mil plus a paid off home, I am out of the rat race.

I rather spend time with my family than taking care of a 96 y/o grandma with cognitive dysphagia and get threaten to be sued by family if you don't give medical clearance for surgeon to put a peg-tube. That's actually happened.

Reactions: 1 users
Broke 100k in my Roth today. Hope this Santa rally continues!

I'm dumb and didn't make a 2023 contribution yet, missed out on a lot of gains this year.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231218-141246.png
    Screenshot_20231218-141246.png
    99.9 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: 2 users
Lol. As soon I have 2.5 mil plus a paid off home, I am out of the rat race.

I rather spend time with my family than taking care of a 96 y/o grandma with cognitive dysphagia and get threaten to be sued by family if you don't give medical clearance for surgeon to put a peg-tube. That's actually happened.

How many more years until you reached your goal?

Broke 100k in my Roth today. Hope this Santa rally continues!

I'm dumb and didn't make a 2023 contribution yet, missed out on a lot of gains this year.

Pretty good. How many years did it take you to accumulate 100 k?

Pretty good. How many years did it take you to accumulate 100 k?

Started a while ago maybe 2009. But didn't make big contributions or max it until around 2018. I think around 2015 I had about 22k in there.