The Gr8 Indian Summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shardul

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The gr8 indian summer has arrived and is at its best. Many people find it crazy but I do like Indian summer.
Its a time when u can feast on mangoes ........absolutely yummilicious...... my favourite is Alphonso....truly king of fruits.
Its a time when u can actually enjoy bathing for hours together ......It was a summer when i learned swimming in a small river near my uncle's village.....its so serene out there....oh my god i am already feelng nostalgic about the childhood days when we had long summer vacations and i regularly used to visit my grandparents at there village..
The brilliance of setting sun rapidly going down the horizon .....oh how beautiful it was to watch it from the lake shores....
Its a season of marriages....the gr8 wedding parties and all that hot spicy sweet greesy food....I really hate it to eat in summer. Summere does wonders to my appetite for which i am always bothered about..... I usually loose a few kilos in summer at the same time enjoying mangoes watermelons kulfis and mangoes....
Summer in medical school is not much enjoyable. I have been seeng many polymorphic light eruption and sun stroke cases these days....also i have study for my terminals scheduled in june. Generally all exams r over before the summer but this year its differnt this summer..... :(
summer is truly wonderful each of u might have memories of summer in indian i would appreciate it if u share them on this forums....so folks enjoys ur summer.....

Members don't see this ad.

I am feeling threatened by that a little. I have not seen any heat in last 9 months or more- last year August i went to Australia- where it was winter atthat time- i had around 5-6 degrees there- i returned back to india in the winter and then in February i came here to Germany and felt Minus 8 degrees and it´s still around12 degrees in spring these days-
I fly back to india tomorrow and will stand in the 40 degrees of Ahmedabad summer tomorrow afternoon!
:eek:

DrGarfield said:
I am feeling threatened by that a little. I have not seen any heat in last 9 months or more- last year August i went to Australia- where it was winter atthat time- i had around 5-6 degrees there- i returned back to india in the winter and then in February i came here to Germany and felt Minus 8 degrees and it´s still around12 degrees in spring these days-
I fly back to india tomorrow and will stand in the 40 degrees of Ahmedabad summer tomorrow afternoon!
:D :D :D yeah u r surely going to feel the heat...when u arrive in India tomorrow

Members don't see this ad :)
summer always remind me of all the gr8 holidays i had.

We had a strange practice in our school. When we would play holi with ink of fountain pains. I really miss it :(

well, now it's May. It is the hottest time of the year. I would be eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Monsoons. This is the time of year when you get to see MBBS students passing out in the hospital because of the heat and wearing their white coats. The time of year we all pray for Anaesthesia or Radiology posting (air con). Yep, you are right about the mangos .... ahhhh. Now I am hungry. I would also be drinking lots of fresh fruit juices, lime juice. Why can't the US have fresh fruit juice? Seems like all Americans drink is orange juice. I want my watermellon, mango, lichi .....

Oh, this is also the time of year when we moved our matresses off the beds and onto the floor so that we could be under the fans (only so helpful because they blow hot air on you).

DrGarfield said:
hey Dr. whats ur specility that makes u go around the world ?

allergic2morons said:

We had a strange practice in our school. When we would play holi with ink of fountain pains. I really miss it :(

Oh yeah I remember :laugh: :laugh:

retroviridae said:
well, now it's May. It is the hottest time of the year. I would be eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Monsoons. This is the time of year when you get to see MBBS students passing out in the hospital because of the heat and wearing their white coats. The time of year we all pray for Anaesthesia or Radiology posting (air con). Yep, you are right about the mangos .... ahhhh. Now I am hungry. I would also be drinking lots of fresh fruit juices, lime juice. Why can't the US have fresh fruit juice? Seems like all Americans drink is orange juice. I want my watermellon, mango, lichi .....

Oh, this is also the time of year when we moved our matresses off the beds and onto the floor so that we could be under the fans (only so helpful because they blow hot air on you).
Weren't you afraid of any cockroaches running along the floor?

sunny123 said:
Weren't you afraid of any cockroaches running along the floor?

yeah, that was the down side to sleeping on the floor. I would get woken up every couple of days or so by a cockroach "sniffing" me (or whatever it was doing). Had to worry about rats too! Got to keep that bathroom door closed! Hmm, those would be not so fond summer memories!

allergic2morons said:

which school did u go/

retroviridae said:
. I would also be drinking lots of fresh fruit juices, lime juice. Why can't the US have fresh fruit juice? Seems like all Americans drink is orange juice. I want my watermellon, mango, lichi .....

do they have guava and chikoo in US?

yesterday my fan conked off need to get it repaired soon :(

the last time i remember i went for a vacation during summer was in 2001,......to goa!wow,walking down the beach,chilling down with xtra chilled beers,having 'xotic sea food!& drooling at chicks!how can i miss that! :laugh: ;)

thatz the last g8 indian summer vacation i had!not 2 mention, i came home charcoal-broiled!
prady said:
the last time i remember i went for a vacation during summer was in 2001,......to goa!wow,walking down the beach,chilling down with xtra chilled beers,having 'xotic sea food!& drooling at chicks!how can i miss that! :laugh: ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
prady said:
thatz the last g8 indian summer vacation i had!not 2 mention, i came home charcoal-broiled!
Don't forget that you get dehydrated like a madman, and by the time you walk out of the airport, your pants are falling right off cause nothing fits you.

My mamajee has Mango farms- in childhood we used to spend out vacations in mango farms- eating tree ripe mangoes! some good old days!

DrGarfield said:
My mamajee has Mango farms- in childhood we used to spend out vacations in mango farms- eating tree ripe mangoes! some good old days!

Amazing :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

prady said:
well......pradilicious.....droolicious.......flirtatious.....

Premedtomed said:
we have....mango and jamun trees in our farms......5-6 of those......fresh plucked mangoes taste great.....

I love Dalhousie.....its cool to be there in summer......much better than cliched"Shimla"...

meetlife said:
I love Dalhousie.....its cool to be there in summer......much better than cliched"Shimla"...

I am jealous of you.
I wish I could

Someday... someday...

Well I can always pick on Sunny that's cool too :laugh:

j/k

meetlife said:

Yup u r right!!!!!!!! Though i frequently visit shimla where my uncle lives i like dahousie more.
Have ever been to kasauli??Himalayas r enchanting.
I always had a thing for mountains and oceans I think once they r in ur blood there is no escape from it. I can only live in cities which are either in hills or by the sea.

Hey u suddenly made me feel nostalgic about rain in mountains.

thank god monsoon is coming soon but certainly mumbai is not the place to be during monsoon.

meetlife said:
we have....mango and jamun trees in our farms......5-6 of those......fresh plucked mangoes taste great.....

Do u love jamuns?? oh !thats great

DrGarfield said:

Do u know how to suck a mango??????

allergic2morons said:
Yup u r right!!!!!!!! Though i frequently visit shimla where my uncle lives i like dahousie more.
Have ever been to kasauli??Himalayas r enchanting.
I always had a thing for mountains and oceans I think once they r in ur blood there is no escape from it. I can only live in cities which are either in hills or by the sea.

Hey u suddenly made me feel nostalgic about rain in mountains.

thank god monsoon is coming soon but certainly mumbai is not the place to be during monsoon.
My home is just one hour from kasauli...we used to go there very frequently.......great..........I love Chail...it has a cricket pitch.....highest in the world......

Those who feel switzerland is the only beautiful place.........try KHAJJIAR........its the most beautiful place I have ever been to.......

I love Mangalorean Rains..........I would stand next to the window.....and gaze out.......It rains cats and dogs in mangalore........next to cheerapunji.....

There is a place in Manipal called....."end -point"...its a hill top.........everything is so scenic from there.........I miss Manipal.......

allergic2morons said:
Do u love jamuns?? oh !thats great
I love jamuns.........but they are available for just a month or so........ :mad:

prady said:
man, i love mangoes....specially the langras! :love:
u need to try desi punjabi mangoes........nothing beats the perfect sour and sweet taste......

ok!i will try out,some!can u please tell me where do i find juicy mangoes out here? :laugh: :smuggrin:
meetlife said:
u need to try desi punjabi mangoes........nothing beats the perfect sour and sweet taste......

prady said:
ok!i will try out,some!can u please tell me where do i find juicy mangoes out here? :laugh: :smuggrin:

It's sad isn't it? You get Mexican mangoes here

allergic2morons said:
Do u know how to suck a mango??????

Sure- pulp it within the skin and suck- but i better like it cut n slices

prady said:
nope!prefer to cut into slices...!not good in sucking.....!! :laugh: :smuggrin:
punjabi mangoes need to be sucked.......

I love Mangoes :love: ...but mostly the small tiny ones ~2 inches ......................dont know what r they called exactly.

desikudi said:
I love Mangoes :love: ...but mostly the small tiny ones ~2 inches ......................dont know what r they called exactly.
Dear Desikudi..they are called Desi mangoes.......