The Georgetown - George Washington Shuffle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Super Rob

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this one comes up a lot - I did a search and I guess I'm still not satisfied:

I'm sure that a lot of people who applied to George Washington ALSO applied to Georgetown (two great schools in one, great city). I'm also sure that those of us who live quite a distance away would prefer to interview at both schools within a day or so of one another in order to minimize travel expenses.

Let's say you're fortunate enough to be selected for an interview at one school and the other is reviewing your file.

They both send these "We've got your stuff, we'll contact you when we have to" letters and they both get loads of applicants.

For any daring individual who has sent either school a letter explaining their situation and asking for the committee to consider certain dates when making their decision:

How did the school respond? Cordial, accomodating, ambivalent, furious, threatening to hit you over the head with a heavy object, etc. :)

Members don't see this ad.

GW was unable to accomodate my request. You can try but the odds of succeeding with them are slim.