The flip side - NY rejections?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apollyon

Screw the GST
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten any rejections from NYC programs? I applied to every program in the entire state that I could (no Methodist, Metropolitan, or Bellevue), and it's been:

Interview: Mt. Sinai, SUNY-Buffalo
Rejected: Maimonides, Stony Brook, North Shore, SUNY-Syracuse, Albany, Rochester

No word from anyone else.

Every other state (and most programs) that I applied to has notified me in one way or another.

Members don't see this ad.

Did not apply in NYC, but like you have heard from all other programs for better or worse. I would suggest calling anyone you haven't heard from, especially if you really want the interview.

Interviewed: Northshore and Syracuse

Rejected: Rochester

Yet to hear: Albany, Stony Brook, Buffalo

It is a weird, weird process my friend. Why do some choose to interview me while others reject me or don't respond? Your guess is as good as mine!

Members don't see this ad :)
Indeed, it is a weird process.

Offered Interviews:
Maimonides, SUNY-Buffalo, Albany

Rejected: SUNY-Stony Brook, SUNY-Upstate.

I haven't heard anything from the NY programs in quite a while, myself.

I think there are a couple floaters aroudn that haven't contacted me. I doubt they ever will.

Left hanging in the breeze.

Originally posted by QuinnNSU
Indeed, it is a weird process.

Offered Interviews:
Maimonides, SUNY-Buffalo, Albany

Rejected: SUNY-Stony Brook, SUNY-Upstate.

I haven't heard anything from the NY programs in quite a while, myself.

I think there are a couple floaters aroudn that haven't contacted me. I doubt they ever will.

Left hanging in the breeze.

The only program I haven't heard from U of Mass, which by now, wouldn't be a very good thing to hear. Kind of ****ty that they didn't send a notice, after I went through some trouble to get extra info sent to them.

mike

I haven't heard from either of the Kentucky programs, nor UVA or Hopkins...

That sucks... considering I did spend $25 on each of those guys (I applied to 40). Oh well. Thankfully I am lucky and blessed... and have enough interviews to feel safe. In fact I ended up cancelling about 8 so far... 2 more to cancel tonight when I get home...

How is everyone else faring at the tail end of this interview season? I guess its not really the end since we still have another month and a half... but I am done, got all mine out of the way. I suppose I should start another thread. Ok I'm rambling now. Radiology tends to do that to a student.

anyone know much about North Shore? Reputation? anyone know anyone at the program? are they happy?

I'm glad you mentioned North Shore. I am currently an EM 2 there and I feel that we have an outstanding program. It is a 3 year program with many inside tracks to fellowship opportunities. We do not do any floor rotations and many of our off service rotations are in the critical care setting which needless to say is very high yield. It is only 13 miles to manhattan with public transportation everywhere you look. We really get along great with each other. We are all good friends outside of the department. We do 18, 17, 16 shifts a month as the years progress. Guaranteed 2 weekends off a month. We have an extremely high patient acuity which is a great environment to learn emergency medicine. Our program director is great and supportive, listens to our suggestions and makes changes. There is so much to say, but i'll save it for interview day. Look forward to seeing you.
Jerry

--- As i posted earlier in the NY PROGRAMS thread.