the combined derm/IM programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crys20

make it happen!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you think about these programs? I know there are just a handful, and they're 5 years long including the PGY-1 year I believe. I really like the idea. I was wondering if anyone thought these programs would attract fewer applications, or would be more or less competitive relative to traditional derm tracks? Also, if one were interested would they apply to said programs derm AND IM/derm program or would that look bad?

Members don't see this ad.

What do you think about these programs? I know there are just a handful, and they're 5 years long including the PGY-1 year I believe. I really like the idea. I was wondering if anyone thought these programs would attract fewer applications, or would be more or less competitive relative to traditional derm tracks? Also, if one were interested would they apply to said programs derm AND IM/derm program or would that look bad?

I think they're great was thinking about it myself. As I understand it they are just slightly less competitive then the traditional derm tracks because most applicants want to just do derm. Apply to both if you want I don't think it would look bad or programs would know if you didn't tell them.