The clearing the air poll

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pass Ye Judgement

• Teucer is a demeaning and presumptious egomaniac

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dustbug10 is a trollish clown

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

teucer

I'll take an M-14 any day
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I do my best to be affable and supportive; this is in general, not just on the SDN forums. However, it looks like I already have my critics!

Dustbug10: "We all know that you are articulate, have a large vocabulary, no shortage of trivial knowledge, and a unique lifestyle. While you very well may not have the giant ego that it appears you do, you come off as demeaning and presumptuous. But as you suggested, I am willing to play nice in the sandbox. But know that this is an internet forum and I am free to make posts that even I don't take seriously. And if I am insulted, I will likely fire back and flex my e-muscles. :D So we can either play nice from this point on or you can use your own time to type up an extremely wordy and witty reply for the sole purpose of making me look stupid in front an online audience. Either way, I will enjoy my Spring Break. :D"

With these sorts of accusations coming from my new-found colleague Dustbug10 in the interprofessional relationships thread, I can't possibly bear to continue trying to be a productive SDN member until we've all gotten this out in the open. Discuss! :prof:

Members don't see this ad.

Teucer, just keep on keepin' on! To be honest, the reason I check in here from time to time is to see when you get off that waiting list and into the program. (Highly ironic it's the same one as he who shall not be named...)

while some of dustbug's comments have shocked me and struck me as rude and petty, and teucer has not struck me personally as pretentious, i don't think a poll like this is very helpful to the situation. and there are always going to be people who don't get along on an internet forum. if a particular person's posts violate the rules of the forum then that is grounds to be booted. this is what we need mods for. is anybody a mod?

Members don't see this ad :)
I figured you would do something like this after I closed the previous paragraph with:

"So we can either play nice from this point on or you can use your own time to type up an extremely wordy and witty reply for the sole purpose of making me look stupid in front an online audience. Either way, I will enjoy my Spring Break."

So after much thought, you have decided that your method of ridicule will be.... a poll? You think that if the majority of an online forum sides with you, then I will be somehow be smote, tuck tail and run? I can see why this may matter to you considering that you seem to deeply care about what you portray towards others (see long-winded posts explaining your circumstances in detail). I apologize to everyone if I rub you the wrong way, but I have made it this far from my own internal motivation rather than going the extra mile to appease and impress others for the sole purpose of coddling my ego. So vote for teucer and we can all be happy. :D

This seems like something better resolved through a couple of PMs. But this wouldn't be an online forum without a bit of drama sprinkled in. So carry on!

I figured you would do something like this after I closed the previous paragraph with:

"So we can either play nice from this point on or you can use your own time to type up an extremely wordy and witty reply for the sole purpose of making me look stupid in front an online audience. Either way, I will enjoy my Spring Break."

So after much thought, you have decided that your method of ridicule will be.... a poll? You think that if the majority of an online forum sides with you, then I will be somehow be smote, tuck tail and run? I can see why this may matter to you considering that you seem to deeply care about what you portray towards others (see long-winded posts explaining your circumstances in detail). I apologize to everyone if I rub you the wrong way, but I have made it this far from my own internal motivation rather than going the extra mile to appease and impress others for the sole purpose of coddling my ego. So vote for teucer and we can all be happy. :D

This is a satirical post...I thought it was quite funny, actually. It is important we see the humor in things. It was more or less made to exemplify the frivolousness of our banterings while addressing the root of them at the same time. :)

I do, however, appreciate the coddling. I'd coddle back if it were not for my wife's objections...so hands to yourself, big boy. :love:

Yeah yeah, act like you have been cruising the high road. This wasn't a case of the cat playing with the string, you came out with guns blasin'. You see frivolous banter, I see competitive banter. It's an online forum. The coddling portion is just silly. You have already forfeited your right to talk down to me by starting a poll to seek validation from the other posters, and devalue me in the process. Same, predictable tactics.

And congrats on UAMS. Contrary to what most say, Arkansas isn't all that bad. We have the world's largest trailer home! (Clinton Library).

Last edited:
...we're all trying to enter a profession where we will need to be sensitive & yet still have thick skin regardless of who is at fault, originated the problem, etc.

It will be tough at times, as it is in any people-oriented profession. I know for me it is something I need to constantly monitor as I suffer from foot-in-mouth syndrome alternating with periods of hypersensitivity.

While it can feel "passive" and I like to be more "active", sometimes just stepping away for a while can be effective, too, versus :boom:or :beat:

The value in this board is the level of participation...otherwise the info about timing & notification of acceptances, waitlists, etc. isn't very helpful to anyone.

Not taking a side either way, but just hoping for some resolution for the benefit of all...now, apologizing in advance for any "foot in mouth" instances in this post & putting on the protective thick skin suit...

Not taking a side either way, but just hoping for some resolution for the benefit of all...

Hahaha...alright, time to borrow Hillary Clinton's imaginary "RESET" button she's been reported to have used with Russia. <<hugging Dustbug>>. We're best friends now, very similar to the supposed friendship the U.S. and Russia formed after the U.S.S.R. dissolved in the 1990s. We can even keep our missile shields and everything! :highfive:

All this just in time. I need to learn what I can about Arkansas...never visited or lived there before. Texas, Alabama and Mississippi are the closest I've been.

I know nothing of Arkansas, save for what a friendly real-estate agent has told me. Except, of course, the fact that the Clinton Library is a trailer home. I find this especially amusing. :bow:

Would you recommend living inside Little Rock proper or establishing residence in an outlying community?

That sounds like a plan to me!

Here is a glimpse of what we like to call the Redneck Highrise:
http://archrecord.construction.com/projects/portfolio/archives/images/0501clintonLibrary.jpg

As far as living is concerned, I would steer clear of the area around UAMS and UALR. The Audiology/Speech Pathology facility is actually separate from each campus, but still on the main road (S.University). What sort of place are you looking to move in to? Will your wife/family be moving to Arkansas with you? Personally, I am looking into Coleman Place (colemanplace.info) which includes utilities, internet, etc. all on one bill, but it is specifically geared towards students.

aw.. i go on vacay ONE time and i miss the big dramatic kiss-and-make-up sesh. i'm all warm and freakin' fuzzy.

:biglove::biglove:

You missed the hot and sweaty sex that came afterwards too but we videotaped that so you can always catch up later