The chicken or the egg? Which came first, uworld vs FA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kehlsh

Medic Commando
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just completed 2nd pass through uworld and have wondered how first aid had really specific details that would only be tailored to answering some of the specifics in the uworld.
So my question is, did uworld writers write questions based on some of the details in the first aid or did first aid put information that they saw in the uworld question bank? Or is it a mixed bag of goods.

Asking just for the curiosity's sake.

Members don't see this ad.

I just completed 2nd pass through uworld and have wondered how first aid had really specific details that would only be tailored to answering some of the specifics in the uworld.
So my question is, did uworld writers write questions based on some of the details in the first aid or did first aid put information that they saw in the uworld question bank? Or is it a mixed bag of goods.

Asking just for the curiosity's sake.
I think FA writers and Uworld makers just paying muny to the same students that took steps:D

you can probably google to see the exact histories but i think first aid was made before uworld. FA follows uworld pretty closely for some topics. in some answer explanations, it's written word for word what you see in first aid. sometimes i'll see that an answer in a uworld question isn't found in first aid 2014, but then that random answer is put in for 2015. the folks at first aid keep a tab on all the new uworld questions and update it accordingly. and then for others they just expect students to write extra stuff in from uworld.