the bill has passed- whats gonna happen to us?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Please.

Please just try to see that.

I see what you all are saying...YES I lack sympathy...I have none. Hell, thats the reason why I can't go into academia! I don't see how any professor can put up with, "I am late to class b/c of traffic." "I miss my final exam b/c I didn't feel good can I have a make up exam?" "My dog ate my HW." "WHy did you take 2 points off my exam? I want a regrade." "I SWEAR I studied for the exam, I don't know why I failed it!" YES, I get it people have EXCUSES, I hear it all the time. Its just hard for me to find sympathy for excuses. And no I never use any of the above excuses before and I have been in school my entire life! So yes I get your point, its just hard for me to find sympathy for anyone's excuses no matter what.
Thats also the reason why I changed my mind and don't want to ever own my own business b/c once again its going to be full of people with excuses, excuses, excuses! "I can't make it to work on Saturday...blah blah blah..." "I am late b/c my car tires went flat." "I am late b/c I ran out of gas and the gas station was too far away." blah blah blah...I KNOW people have excuses, yes I get it.
Oh and I am sure there are a MILLION excuses why these women are pregnant and on welfare too..."I was drunk and forgot to use a condom." "what? you mean I have to take birth control everyday??" "It just happened....my bad!" "I didn't know kids were so expensives!" LOL....Maybe ONE day I will find sympathy for excuses...but not now!

Members don't see this ad.

I see what you all are saying...YES I lack sympathy...I have none. Hell, thats the reason why I can't go into academia! I don't see how any professor can put up with, "I am late to class b/c of traffic." "I miss my final exam b/c I didn't feel good can I have a make up exam?" "My dog ate my HW." "WHy did you take 2 points off my exam? I want a regrade." "I SWEAR I studied for the exam, I don't know why I failed it!" YES, I get it people have EXCUSES, I hear it all the time. Its just hard for me to find sympathy for excuses. And no I never use any of the above excuses before and I have been in school my entire life! So yes I get your point, its just hard for me to find sympathy for anyone's excuses no matter what.
Thats also the reason why I changed my mind and don't want to ever own my own business b/c once again its going to be full of people with excuses, excuses, excuses! "I can't make it to work on Saturday...blah blah blah..." "I am late b/c my car tires went flat." "I am late b/c I ran out of gas and the gas station was too far away." blah blah blah...I KNOW people have excuses, yes I get it.
Oh and I am sure there are a MILLION excuses why these women are pregnant and on welfare too..."I was drunk and forgot to use a condom." "what? you mean I have to take birth control everyday??" "It just happened....my bad!" "I didn't know kids were so expensives!" LOL....Maybe ONE day I will find sympathy for excuses...but not now!

:smack:

You just don't get it.

Wow that is pretty funny! He wanted you to go to church for your LOR... that is the first time I've ever heard something like that! :laugh: My dentist is really laid back and he's hilarious too... The building has really tall and skinny windows with mirror tint on them and a bus stop right outside the room. People are always coming up to the mirror and picking at their nose and making faces and doing stuff at the bus stop because they don't think we can see them so he sits there and makes you laugh the whole entire time. One time during the harley bike week the house across the street was being rented out and they had a jacuzzi on the balcony. Let's just say some pretty crazy stuff was going on in broad daylight because they thought no one could see them up there and he told everyone all about it when we came in for our appointments.

He is a nice guy, but just very religious and delusional. He really wanted me to have a relationship with god and thought it would be good for me. etc. :laugh: He told me his relationship with god help him get thru dental school! You tell me that isn't the stupidest thing you have ever heard! I could have sworn studying have something to do with it! LOL....

I guess I could have gone...It sure would have saved me a lot of TROUBLE!!! I could have just gone and then got my LOR right away afterwards...but instead being the stubborn person that I am I refuse and found another dentist to shadow. That was a waste of my time all due to my stubborness.

The only mistake I have made thus far in life is being too stubborn and opinionated. I could have easily just pretend that I was delusional and religious, just like I could have easily pretend that I am very sympathic towards welfare people. It would proberly be a smarter thing to do later in life b/c it makes people "like" me...and some of these people in life could be somewhat important in my future in finding a career. etc.
SO in short I guess I need to suck up more b/c sucking up= building bridges= finding more jobs= MORE $$$ in my pocket. Thats the lesson of the day. :laugh: Voiceing my opinion and acting too harsh means burning bridges=finding less jobs= LESS $$$ in my pocket. LOL...Lawyers and politicans didn't get to where they were today by being honest and blunt. SO my bad...I will try harder from now on.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

Sweetheart. You're really not paying attention, are you? All of those things that you have offered as excuses are, in fact, things that people can, through careful planning and preparation, prevent or mitigate. We are asking you to understand that sometimes things happen to people that they literally CANNOT prevent. There is nothing magic you can do to prevent yourself from getting certain types of cancer. You can't be extra special careful and ward off a whole plethora of autoimmune diseases. You can't do anything about some drunken ******* slamming his car into you while you're driving through a green light. You can't always prevent your company deciding to downsize and cut your position. Realize that the control you think you have is an illusion. You cannot, no matter how hard you try, be completely protected and safe.

Here, let's try an example:

Situation A:
"I'm sorry. I ran out of gas on the way because I was running late and didn't have time to stop. I'm so, so sorry."
"Well, maybe you should have left a bit earlier."

OR

Situation B:
"I'm sorry, I have Huntington's."
"Well, maybe you should have had different parents."

Do you see the difference here?

How about this one?

Situation A:
"Yeah, I showed up late to work again, so they fired me."

OR

Situation B:
"My company was bought out by a competitor who absorbed and downsized our operations. Since I had the least seniority, I was cut."

Got that?

He is a nice guy, but just very religious and delusional. He really wanted me to have a relationship with god and thought it would be good for me. etc. :laugh: He told me his relationship with god help him get thru dental school! You tell me that isn't the stupidest thing you have ever heard! I could have sworn studying have something to do with it! LOL....

I guess I could have gone...It sure would have saved me a lot of TROUBLE!!! I could have just gone and then got my LOR right away afterwards...but instead being the stubborn person that I am I refuse and found another dentist to shadow. That was a waste of my time all due to my stubborness.

The only mistake I have made thus far in life is being too stubborn and opinionated. I could have easily just pretend that I was delusional and religious, just like I could have easily pretend that I am very sympathic towards welfare people. It would proberly be a smarter thing to do later in life b/c it makes people "like" me...and some of these people in life could be somewhat important in my future in finding a career. etc.
SO in short I guess I need to suck up more b/c sucking up= building bridges= finding more jobs= MORE $$$ in my pocket. Thats the lesson of the day. :laugh: Voiceing my opinion and acting too harsh means burning bridges=finding less jobs= LESS $$$ in my pocket. LOL...Lawyers and politicans didn't get to where they were today by being honest and blunt. SO my bad...I will try harder from now on.

I think that you should always voice your opinion and say what you believe whenever possible.

I also think your opinion should be based in a firm understanding of the facts, analysis of the evidence, and consideration of the situation as a whole. But you know, that's just me. You can base your opinions on arrogance, delusions, and a naive, sheltered world view. You know, whatever.

No one has a problem with you voicing your opinion. You keep pointing out that you're rude, crude, tough, and you say what you think and you don't care if anyone likes you or not. That's quite alright. That's fine, in fact. Stop trying to hammer it home. Again I say, no one has a problem with you voicing your opinion. The problem is that your opinion is based on a lack of evidence and a refusal to consider other possibilities. The problem is that, like the religious people that you so readily reject, you REFUSE to accept that your opinion, or even parts of it, might actually be wrong.

We are asking you to understand that sometimes things happen to people that they literally CANNOT prevent.

Yeah, but its hard to show sympathy if you know that you will eventually be working your a** off to make 120K a year, BUT at least 30% of it will be going AWAY and you will NEVER get to use it. :( I am surprise none of the pharmacists here are complaining about losing 30K+ a year. Thats a lot of money and if you work retail you deserve every PENNY that you make PLUS MORE, thats about the hardest job anyone can get.

Yeah, but its hard to show sympathy if you know that you will eventually be working your a** off to make 120K a year, BUT at least 30% of it will be going AWAY and you will NEVER get to use it. :( I am surprise none of the pharmacists here are complaining about losing 30K+ a year. Thats a lot of money and if you work retail you deserve every PENNY that you make PLUS MORE, thats about the hardest job anyone can get.

This seems irrelevant. (Almost) everyone that works pays taxes.

This seems irrelevant. (Almost) everyone that works pays taxes.

Not the welfare people (they USE taxes, they don't pay any) and most people don't pay as much taxes as healthcare providers or work as hard. This country doesn't even have flat taxes, so people that work harder to make more money have to pay a higher percentage. And guess who get that higher percentage of taxes you will be paying?? :rolleyes:
OKay this is getting off topic. The point is...no matter what their causes are, its just hard to feel sympathy for people that are using up too much resources and giving nothing in return.

You still DO NOT GET IT. Giving away taxes that you "will never use"? Have you read a single post in this thread? When you get hit by a drunk driver and go on disability, you sure as hell will be using it. When you drive at ALL, in fact, you use it because those taxes pay for the roads. When your kids go to school, they will use it.

That's the hardest job anyone can get? Really? I'm pretty sure that plenty of other things, like say... moving sprinkler pipe in the hot sun for hours a day is quite a bit harder.

Yes. It's hard, stressful, frantic, and all of those things, but you're still inside in a relatively clean environment for the most part. There are thousands and thousands of people that would readily take that job for a lot less money. At the end of the day, it still beats hard, physical, manual labor hands down.

So it's hard to show sympathy because you're working hard? The guy who got laid off just because he was the newest wasn't working hard? Only people who don't work hard get cancer, is that it? Only lazy people get diabetes?

Yeah, it sucks to pay taxes; I agree, and I won't really argue that point with you. But, as has been said, most people pay taxes. You'll surely argue that a flat tax would be more fair, that each person pay the same percent of his or her gross income. How do you propose we do that? Set a tax which is low enough for the low-income workers to still get by (they deserve every cent they earn too, and many of them work a whole hell of a lot harder than you or I will ever work)? There's a very real chance that that won't bring in sufficient revenue to fund the government's operations. Set a flat tax sufficient to cover all of our expenses and pay off the debt? There's a very real chance that that would be too much for the people at the bottom to afford. So... you're right. A graduated tax, even though it works, might not be "fair" in some sense. However, and I know you'll agree with this one, life isn't fair.

Not the welfare people (they USE taxes, they don't pay any) and most people don't pay as much taxes as healthcare providers or work as hard. This country doesn't even have flat taxes, so people that work harder to make more money have to pay a higher percentage. And guess who get that higher percentage of taxes you will be paying?? :rolleyes:
OKay this is getting off topic. The point is...no matter what their causes are, its just hard to feel sympathy for people that are using up too much resources and giving nothing in return.

You do understand that Welfare is supposed to be temporary, right? I don't think many people would argue with you if you made the claim that the system could use some tuning up to help people get rehabilitated and back on their feet. But to claim that the very IDEA of the system is bad, to claim that NO system is better than an imperfect system, is, at best, laughable and, at worst, ignorant.

This morning I was awoken by my alarm clock powered by electricity generated by the public power monopoly regulated by the U.S. Department of Energy.

I then took a shower in the clean water provided by a municipal water utility.

After that, I turned on the TV to one of the FCC-regulated channels to see what the National Weather Service of the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration determined the weather was going to be like, using satellites designed, built, and launched by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.

I watched this while eating my breakfast of U.S. Department of Agriculture-inspected food and taking the drugs which have been determined as safe by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

At the appropriate time, as regulated by the U.S. Congress and kept accurate by the National Institute of Standards and Technology and the U.S. Naval Observatory, I get into my National Highway Traffic Safety Administration-approved automobile and set out to work on the roads build by the local, state, and federal Departments of Transportation, possibly stopping to purchase additional fuel of a quality level determined by the Environmental Protection Agency, using legal tender issued by the Federal Reserve Bank.

On the way out the door I deposit any mail I have to be sent out via the U.S. Postal Service and drop the kids off at the public school.

After spending another day not being maimed or killed at work thanks to the workplace regulations imposed by the Department of Labor and the Occupational Safety and Health administration, enjoying another two meals which again do not kill me because of the USDA, I drive my NHTSA car back home on the DOT roads, to my house which has not burned down in my absence because of the state and local building codes and Fire Marshal's inspection, and which has not been plundered of all its valuables thanks to the local police department.

And then I log on to the internet -- which was developed by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Administration -- and post on StudentDoctor.net about how taxes are evil and socialized medicine is BAD because the government can't do anything right.

Seriously - do you only think that your tax money goes to others? That you get NO benefit from it? How many people on welfare (or WIC, or Medicaid) do you know personally? Probably more than you think, and they are likely not all freeloaders and ne'er-do-wells. But I forget; I went into this profession because I want to help the less fortunate - NOT because I want to make oodles of money in retail. The people that I have met while volunteering at indigent clinics have been far better people than those that I've met who spend $$$$ on crap like Latisse.

You realize it's about impossible to get a loan discharged or to get loan forgiveness, right? Good luck with THAT unless you file for bankruptcy...and that's just a whole 'nother bag of toys.

Never said it wasnt leeching. A question was asked. An answer was provided.

Members don't see this ad :)
Never said it wasnt leeching. A question was asked. An answer was provided.

You realize that, as SHC1984 so kindly pointed out, your "answer" actually isn't. You can't get out of student loans through bankruptcy, forgiveness (except in cases of vicious disability, if I remember correctly), or any other nice, easy ways. Pretty much dying or being horribly maimed is your only way out.

You can only do that stuff for business loans, credit card debt, etc. For student loans the ONLY way to get out of that is DEATH. If anyone can just so easily get rid of student loans then everyone on here might as well borrow 300K+ and then file for "forgivness" after graduation. :rolleyes:

I dont find it suprising that YOU dont know anything about student loan forgivness. "Forgivness" of loans requires work on your part. More often than not it requires working with the kinds of people you have already said you detest.

I dont find it suprising that YOU dont know anything about student loan forgivness. "Forgivness" of loans requires work on your part. More often than not it requires working with the kinds of people you have already said you detest.

Oh yeah. THAT kind of forgiveness. I was thinking more of the, "Help, help, I can't pay my loans" type.

This morning I was awoken by my alarm clock powered by electricity generated by the public power monopoly regulated by the U.S. Department of Energy.

After that, I turned on the TV to one of the FCC-regulated channels to see what the National Weather Service of the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration determined the weather was going to be like, using satellites designed, built, and launched by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.

I watched this while eating my breakfast of U.S. Department of Agriculture-inspected food and taking the drugs which have been determined as safe by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

At the appropriate time, as regulated by the U.S. Congress and kept accurate by the National Institute of Standards and Technology and the U.S. Naval Observatory, I get into my National Highway Traffic Safety Administration-approved automobile and set out to work on the roads build by the local, state, and federal Departments of Transportation, possibly stopping to purchase additional fuel of a quality level determined by the Environmental Protection Agency, using legal tender issued by the Federal Reserve Bank.

On the way out the door I deposit any mail I have to be sent out via the U.S. Postal Service and drop the kids off at the public school.

After spending another day not being maimed or killed at work thanks to the workplace regulations imposed by the Department of Labor and the Occupational Safety and Health administration, enjoying another two meals which again do not kill me because of the USDA, I drive my NHTSA car back home on the DOT roads, to my house which has not burned down in my absence because of the state and local building codes and Fire Marshal's inspection, and which has not been plundered of all its valuables thanks to the local police department.

And then I log on to the internet -- which was developed by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Administration -- and post on StudentDoctor.net about how taxes are evil and socialized medicine is BAD because the government can't do anything right.

Seriously - do you only think that your tax money goes to others? That you get NO benefit from it? How many people on welfare (or WIC, or Medicaid) do you know personally? Probably more than you think, and they are likely not all freeloaders and ne'er-do-wells. But I forget; I went into this profession because I want to help the less fortunate - NOT because I want to make oodles of money in retail. The people that I have met while volunteering at indigent clinics have been far better people than those that I've met who spend $$$$ on crap like Latisse.

I am so using this.

Back on topic...Obama's on TV...and it looks like the other half of the Schoolhouse Rock cartoon is about to happen here right quick. Maybe it'll pass. That dummy Lieberman is messing everything up. Apparently, it's gonna be "deficit neutral"...which if legit, is interesting.

I don't think its socialized enough, however.

Back on topic...Obama's on TV...and it looks like the other half of the Schoolhouse Rock cartoon is about to happen here right quick. Maybe it'll pass. That dummy Lieberman is messing everything up. Apparently, it's gonna be "deficit neutral"...which if legit, is interesting.

I don't think its socialized enough, however.

agreed. at least we get more mtm and more people in the system, right?

I personally am going to benefit greatly from whatever they pass as well. Without this legislation, i would probably end up spending at least some time during my adult life worrying about how insurance companies would try to exclude me or not offer certain types of coverage.

And it can always be expanded on. The key is getting *something* through, cause everyone knows you cant repeal an entitlement. so the republicans will likely be stuck with it even if they do take control next year.

I think they should have used the nuclear option or reconciliation, personally, to push through single payer.. but nobody has the guts

agreed. at least we get more mtm and more people in the system, right?

I personally am going to benefit greatly from whatever they pass as well. Without this legislation, i would probably end up spending at least some time during my adult life worrying about how insurance companies would try to exclude me or not offer certain types of coverage.

And it can always be expanded on. The key is getting *something* through, cause everyone knows you cant repeal an entitlement. so the republicans will likely be stuck with it even if they do take control next year.

I think they should have used the nuclear option or reconciliation, personally, to push through single payer.. but nobody has the guts

Yes, we are the only developed country that still doesn't have nationalized health care, because money is still valued over human lifes

He told me his relationship with god help him get thru dental school! You tell me that isn't the stupidest thing you have ever heard!

Explains a lot.

Yeah, but its hard to show sympathy if you know that you will eventually be working your a** off to make 120K a year, BUT at least 30% of it will be going AWAY and you will NEVER get to use it. :(

I backed out of my driveway, onto a public road, drove across several bridges on my way to work, past many public schools, under the protection of local, state, and federal law enforcement. Enjoyed some time at the park during lunch. That's just off the top of my head.

Two constants in life.............death and taxes. Get over it.

Still have it all figured out?

Thats why you are charge every month for electricity.

You paid a water bill every month.

You paid for cable every month and any additional channels that you watch thats not included in basic cable.

Thats why you have to PAID when you buy food.

You paid $2 to $3 a gallon for gasoline, that goes to the government mostly.

Thats why you have to put a stamp on every letter that you mail.

Your boss does not want you to sue him thats why you aren't hurt at work. Your boss or the retail chain you work for PAIDS for your safety at work.

You paid for your internet service every month...its around $45 dollars a month I believe.

So far the ONLY thing you name that the government paid for is public schools and roads. But not everyone attends a public school.

So far the ONLY thing you name that the government paid for is public schools and roads. But not everyone attends a public school.

1.) You pay for electricity. The electric companies are regulated by the Department of Energy, a federal agency which is administered by tax money.

2.) Water companies are, again, regulated and monitored by the federal government using, again, tax money.

3.) You pay for cable service, yes. However, The Weather Channel doesn't launch its own satellites and operate its own atmospheric monitoring program, and you don't pay The Weather Channel. The government designs, launches, and maintains the satellites and infrastructure used for weather monitoring using, once more, tax money.

4.) You do pay when you buy food. You pay the store, which pays the producers, distributors, etc. However, who inspects your meat and vegetables to ensure that they meet quality requirements? Who has kept the US beef supply essentially free of mad cow? That's right, the USDA, a government agency. Who pays them? Everyone does, with their, that's right, tax dollars. You neglected to mention the FDA in your retort, another government agency funded by tax dollars.

5.) The USPS is, I believe, funded entirely through the cost of postage. However, it is granted rights and immunities by the federal government, such as the use of your mailbox, that other carriers aren't allowed. But you are correct, it is not funded directly by tax dollars.

6.) Your boss doesn't want you to sue him. However, he is subject to regulations and laws which are enforced by OSHA, a government agency which is, say it with me now, funded by tax dollars.

7.) You do pay for internet service. However, as the original poster pointed out, the internet was developed by the US government using tax dollars.

You tax money goes to ensure that you have a reliable supply of energy at a reasonable price (see California energy crisis post-deregulation), safe water, clean food, drugs that don't kill you, bosses that don't exploit you, and a series of tubes that connect us all to each other. All of these programs cost money to administer and operate. Do you think these people work for free? Do you think inspectors get free flights to the areas they inspect? Your tax money pays for all of these things, darling.

So which is it? Either you accept that your tax money and the tax payments of others DO, in fact, benefit you, or you take your position to its logical conclusion: people who don't pay taxes can't have electricity, water, food, drugs, cars, airline flights, internet, schools, or a whole host of other things.

Though I do see why you claim to study 25 to 30 hours a week. If I had to read everything 35 times, I'd be really busy too.

Again, you just don't get it. You're so sheltered in your little rich bubble that the highest level of poverty you can fathom is "having bad credit" or "having to sell some of your parents land". Not everyone has a ****load of real estate in their back pocket in case something goes wrong. You clearly have no idea what it's like to work hard or live a blue collar lifestyle. I would invite you to spend a few months sometime in any city in the Rust Belt. Meet some of the people who live and work there, see what it really is to work hard but need financial help at the end of the day anyway. The janitor at any inner city high school makes a lot less than you and struggles with bills every month, but he works much harder and puts up with way more that you'll ever have to sitting behind your sterile counter in your pristine little white coat (or, sitting at home in your pristine white coat, whatever, I'm not letting you dodge my argument by nitpicking about your desired career path.) Unfortunately, because of that spoiled rich mentality, you're inherently greedy and don't want to give up any of your money in taxes, and you seem to have a prejudice against anyone who isn't as rich as you (i.e. implying that anyone receiving social help could only major in basketweaving). Do some people abuse the system? Sure. But to assume that about everyone who needs social benefits would be no better than me throwing racial epithets at you.

However, in the midst of this "debate", I would like to thank you, because you have provided every student who attends a new school an ironclad smoking gun to counter the argument that any pharmacist from an older school is automatically superior to any pharmacist from a new school.

1.) You pay for electricity. The electric companies are regulated by the Department of Energy, a federal agency which is administered by tax money.

2.) Water companies are, again, regulated and monitored by the federal government using, again, tax money.

3.) You pay for cable service, yes. However, The Weather Channel doesn't launch its own satellites and operate its own atmospheric monitoring program, and you don't pay The Weather Channel. The government designs, launches, and maintains the satellites and infrastructure used for weather monitoring using, once more, tax money.

4.) You do pay when you buy food. You pay the store, which pays the producers, distributors, etc. However, who inspects your meat and vegetables to ensure that they meet quality requirements? Who has kept the US beef supply essentially free of mad cow? That's right, the USDA, a government agency. Who pays them? Everyone does, with their, that's right, tax dollars. You neglected to mention the FDA in your retort, another government agency funded by tax dollars.

5.) The USPS is, I believe, funded entirely through the cost of postage. However, it is granted rights and immunities by the federal government, such as the use of your mailbox, that other carriers aren't allowed. But you are correct, it is not funded directly by tax dollars.

6.) Your boss doesn't want you to sue him. However, he is subject to regulations and laws which are enforced by OSHA, a government agency which is, say it with me now, funded by tax dollars.

7.) You do pay for internet service. However, as the original poster pointed out, the internet was developed by the US government using tax dollars.

You tax money goes to ensure that you have a reliable supply of energy at a reasonable price (see California energy crisis post-deregulation), safe water, clean food, drugs that don't kill you, bosses that don't exploit you, and a series of tubes that connect us all to each other. All of these programs cost money to administer and operate. Do you think these people work for free? Do you think inspectors get free flights to the areas they inspect? Your tax money pays for all of these things, darling.

So which is it? Either you accept that your tax money and the tax payments of others DO, in fact, benefit you, or you take your position to its logical conclusion: people who don't pay taxes can't have electricity, water, food, drugs, cars, airline flights, internet, schools, or a whole host of other things.

Though I do see why you claim to study 25 to 30 hours a week. If I had to read everything 35 times, I'd be really busy too.

Fair enough...
Don't really know how many hours I reallly study a week b/c I am always on SDN or shopping online or facebooking. My guess would be 2-3 hours a day.

You clearly have no idea what it's like to work hard or live a blue collar lifestyle. I would invite you to spend a few months sometime in any city in the Rust Belt. Meet some of the people who live and work there, see what it really is to work hard but need financial help at the end of the day anyway.

WRONG! I know what hardwork is. I had a job since I was 16. I have waited tables, been a bartender, worked at Abercrombie and been a tech at Walgreens. So I am not spoiled, I know what it means to have a job!

WRONG! I know what hardwork is. I had a job since I was 16. I have waited tables, been a bartender, worked at Abercrombie and been a tech at Walgreens. So I am not spoiled, I know what it means to have a job!

Since when is folding thongs or bringing out Perrier backbreaking work? Go work in a coal mine for a while and get back to us when your lungs are shot and you've slipped 6 discs in your back.

You're honestly an idiot.

Since when is folding thongs or bringing out Perrier backbreaking work? Go work in a coal mine for a while and get back to us when your lungs are shot and you've slipped 6 discs in your back.

You're honestly an idiot.

You are the idiot if you think that is all that I do. :rolleyes:I have work since I was 16 thats more than I can say for most people that I know that started work when they were in their mid 20s. I paid for my car by myself (almost all of it). And what have you done that makes you so special?

Last edited:

But you are spoiled. Just because you worked in order to get extra spending money doesn't mean a thing. You have mentioned several times in this thread that you still have your rich parents to bail you out if something unfortunate happens (see: your comment about "just selling some land" to take care of your student loans should something unfortunate happen). There's a difference between just working on the side and working as if your entire livelihood depends on it. The fact that you would equate the two shows how clueless you really are about the real world. Although, I suppose it's fine; you don't need to have a clue, since you have mommy and daddy to take care of everything anyway. Leeching off the government is so taboo, it's leeching off of parents that all the people in the know do.

Wow. Reading this thread is like watching a slow motion trainwreck. Let's keep it civil in tone and stop throwing insults, please.

Some people are talking about healthcare reform opening up some places for pharmacists on the "medical home" primary care team. That could be an interesting clinical primary care role and could potentially generate alot of new pharmacist jobs.

You all realize she's just egging you on for the attention, right?

Now on to more important things. Who's been to Nashville, and what should I not miss seeing?

I went during Christmas once and stayed at the Opryland Hotel and went ice skating downtown. That's about all I remember. :oops:

Its more like I was attacked for not supporting welfare moms and their surplus of children. :rolleyes:

I could care less about what people think about me on the internet.

Last edited:
You cared enough to respond! :D

Whenever I see topics about banning abortion, welfare, affirmative action, religion, national healthcare, refusing to sell plan B, people getting into schools with sub standard stats, Obama and his "spread the wealth speech", opening new pharmacy schools, taxes, any useless government programs, socialism vs capitalism (Capitalism is obviously the only way to go), etc.

I can't help but to respond...I realize that I live in a bible belt and that my responses will not make me "popular" but I really don't care.

Last edited:
You should not miss the Titans brawl it out with your hometown Dolphins on Dec 20!

Oh yeah that reminds me of something useful... I'm not sure if you like country music but the Wildhorse Saloon is pretty awesome. I don't even like country but it's great in Nashville. It's right across the river from LP field I think.

Now on to more important things. Who's been to Nashville, and what should I not miss seeing?

Nashville is the home of one of the largest hospital corporations in the world.. HCA.. go visit them and see if they'd let you run their Radio Imaging dept..

Lol !! So that's why Spiriva is always posting those amazing photographs!
What does that have to do with anything? Photography is a hobby.

She eggs people on, too. Just because you aren't targeted, it doesn't mean that it isn't so.

I will tell you what is going to happen. As told to me by a 90 year old crazy ass old lady yesterday. And I quote "Obama wants to kill all old people with his new health care bill."

So my friends that is what is going to happen. Obama led death squads to kill all old people and 100% income tax on the rest of us to pay for it. We are all going to die!

lol... these type of customers just make me smile...

I went to Nashville for a pharmacy school interview at Belmont. I had to wait 3 hours before I could check into my hotel so I want to the Oprey Mills mall. Its HUGE and has some pretty interesting stores. I ended up getting a massage while walking around aimlessly.

I went to Nashville for a pharmacy school interview at Belmont. I had to wait 3 hours before I could check into my hotel so I want to the Oprey Mills mall. Its HUGE and has some pretty interesting stores. I ended up getting a massage while walking around aimlessly.

Just waking up at the Opryland Hotel now! The decorations for the holidays are absolutely beautiful. :)

Posted via Mobile BlackBerry Device