The big question!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent29

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten into dental school after only having their prerequisites and 90 credit hours, not having finished a bachelors degree??
For example, NOVA university doesnt' require you to have a bachelors and their GPA is 2.8 something.

Members don't see this ad.

there are people who get in without an undergraduate major. but keep in mind, most people that apply has or will have an undergradute degree at the time of matriculation. as for nova, i think a GPA of 2.8 is their minumim requirement, because their average GPA is around a 3.4. i guess it wouldn't hurt to just appy if you meet all the requirements, because the worst thing that can happen is you get rejected and you would just apply again the following year when you have a degree. i would guess that your stats need to be superb, at least a 3.75 science GPA, and a minimum of a 22 across the board on the DAT to be accepted without and undegradute degree.

I applied with 60 credits (will have 90 by end of year) and will not get my bachelor's degree this year. So far, I have an interview at Temple and at Boston, with no rejctions. My stats aren't amazing either. Don't apply to either NYU or Howard, they turned me down without even taking a look at my app, told me a bachelor's degree is a must.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accpeted to three schools without a degree, 98 credits after this year. My GPA is high and DAT scores average.

I have 85 credit hours now, and got into one school only so far, but I haven't applied to many. I was however, asked when I will graduate at all my interviews, and I told them that I was pretty confident of graduating before fall 2005. I still have 3 qaurters left, technically, I can do it with a full load courses each quarter.