The BEST things to prepare summer before p school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ShacoTheFarmacist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Besides the top 150-200 drugs, what did you wish you prepare before pharmacy school that would've really helped you out?

I heard like root word medical terminologies, any other suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

research where you want your career to go network with retail hospital etc employers
I would buy an old cheap RX PREP naplex prep book and shuffle through it--this will give you an overview of the bread and butter material in school!!

Reactions: 1 user
Organizing notes. Took me a couple of semesters to finally get it down. Started with hand written notes and ended up with too many notebooks and a hand cramp. It's hard to carry them all and flip pages to find notes.

It is much easier to type them all and have them all in the same place. Invest in an ipad, tablet, or Microsoft Surface and get the noteability app and practice using it. It is so much easier to hand write in equations, drawing graphs, highlight, etc on a powerpoint or pdf you get from class.

Reactions: 1 user
Besides the top 150-200 drugs, what did you wish you prepare before pharmacy school that would've really helped you out?

I heard like root word medical terminologies, any other suggestions?

Um....Freakin don't read ahead or any of that. won't help. Each program has their own curriculum and they focus specifically on certain areas of each subject. just ENJOY your summer. LIVE. Enjoy your life before you wont have any left when school begins. Good luck