The best damn Orgo Book!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RozhonDDS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was curous, as to whether anyone knew of any books that explain Organic Chem very well, in my case i haven't taken Orgo and will not have taken it before the 2nd DAT, The first time i took the DAT i received a 16 in Orgo, and i only used Kapplan, Barrons, and Cliff notes review for orgo. Basically i really need something that will walk me through all the basics of Orgo and actually help me learn it, in lamen terms, also the book must have a good number of reactions so i can memorize and also realize why certain major products form.

Basically give me the names of some books, that a person who never took orgo, could leanr the basics necessary for the DAT

Thank you for your opinions!

Members don't see this ad.

sorry about the large font and bold, i didn't realize it was that huge, and i didn't mean to say GIVE ME, because that sounds rude and demanding

Members don't see this ad :)
RozhonDDS said:
I was curous, as to whether anyone knew of any books that explain Organic Chem very well, in my case i haven't taken Orgo and will not have taken it before the 2nd DAT, The first time i took the DAT i received a 16 in Orgo, and i only used Kapplan, Barrons, and Cliff notes review for orgo. Basically i really need something that will walk me through all the basics of Orgo and actually help me learn it, in lamen terms, also the book must have a good number of reactions so i can memorize and also realize why certain major products form.

Basically give me the names of some books, that a person who never took orgo, could leanr the basics necessary for the DAT

Thank you for your opinions!

It really depends on how much you want to read. My OChem book is a little old, written by L.G. Wade Jr. Organic Chemistry 4th Ed. AWESOME book!!! I had the highest grade in my Ochem class both semesters and it was pretty much from just reading this book. It explains everything very simply and crystal clear. And because its older you might be able to pick it up for pretty cheap. Let me know if I can help, I like Ochem and would be happy to explain anything to you.

lifeisgood said:
It really depends on how much you want to read. My OChem book is a little old, written by L.G. Wade Jr. Organic Chemistry 4th Ed. AWESOME book!!! I had the highest grade in my Ochem class both semesters and it was pretty much from just reading this book. It explains everything very simply and crystal clear. And because its older you might be able to pick it up for pretty cheap. Let me know if I can help, I like Ochem and would be happy to explain anything to you.

I'm using Wade too... 6th ed? Stuff doesn't change much, so definately go with the 4th ed... even get the international copy (paper back) for less $$$ I like how it gives you most of the mechanisms written out, but the best thing I like about it is that there are summaries of all of the reactions near the end of each chapter. Good shizzle :thumbup: