The Bachelor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

po' boy

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an R1 at Vandy, and one of our R3's was just picked to be The Bachelor! Dr. Slovis and Dr. Wrenn are letting Travis delay finishing his residency by two months, as he's been romancing the ladies in Paris for the past six weeks. He's a really nice guy and very smart. Episodes start in January. Here's the press release:

http://abc.go.com/primetime/bachelor/index.html

Members don't see this ad.

Dude that is so cool. He is going to be the mack-daddy on that show... I'm guessing he's going to make out with atleast 5 of the girls. Anyone want to take any bets?

Q

I hope "Dr. McDreamy" has fun, and that you all give him a hard time for the cheesiness of that show :p

Members don't see this ad :)
i assume you have already commenced ridiculing him. :laugh:

The show makes me want to vomit. As such I dont watch it.. That being said it is pretty cool to know someone who is basically starring in his own show! Good for him. I hope he gets a lot of tang during that show. Surely being on that show will get him a ton more!

I am interviewing at Vandy in January and would make it my #1 contingent on them letting me follow this guy around while he's there and letting me pick up his scraps...seriously, can you imagine the girls he'll get after being on that show???

Honestly, what an amazing experience (as vomit-inducing as it may be for some people). Kinda makes you wonder if he'd be on the show if he wasn't a doc. Either way, it's cool and it'll give him a stack of stories to tell his (and his bachelorette's???) grandkids.

Thanks for bringing this up! I'm interviewing at Vandy soon, and it'll be nice to know about The Bachelor hailing from that program.

I always suspected Vandy was a fluff program...

QuinnNSU said:
Dude that is so cool. He is going to be the mack-daddy on that show... I'm guessing he's going to make out with atleast 5 of the girls. Anyone want to take any bets?

Q

One of my co-chiefs was on MTVs "The Grind" for about 5 seconds.

mike

all joking aside, does "The Bachelor" realize some of the repercussions that could be in store for him?

For instance, one or two of the male attendings where I did home rotations as a student had "fans" who would come in when they were working wanting a pelvic exam. These were average looking guys who had never been on TV.

I fear for this man's future once the camera lights fade and he has to confront 20 years of ED shifts as a "celebrity".

Do you put this on your CV?