The 2009 "I matched" and "Where did I match?" thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oldbearprofessor

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, it's match week and as always, I wanted to create a thread where folks can indicate that they matched and then later on, where they matched. I want to provide a couple of reminders though, based on watching a lot of match days go by.

Mostly in pedi folks get a choice they are happy with, but not everyone matches, not everyone gets their #1 or #2 or even #3 and not everyone wants to celebrate match day. For sure, be sensitive both here and in the real world to this as the week goes on.

I matched at my #3 choice, BTW. I survived and did fine there and was happy with it.

Meanwhile, good luck to all. I'll sticky this thread for a few weeks and unsticky the earlier one.

As an aside, if you matched AT my program, as indicated by what you've put in this thread, you'll get a PM from me outing me!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm gonna be a pediatrician too!! :) now just to wait to find out where...

Members don't see this ad :)
I am finally going to fulfill my life's dream............I am going to be a pediatrician! Now for that one pesky detail as to where I will be heading...

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

I matched. Whither? I know not (and if I did, I'd keep it to myself, because I'm pretty sure I could get in trouble for that).

Congratulations to all my fellow future pediatricians who also matched, and to anyone who has to scramble .... be strong! Peds is happy enough everywhere that you're STILL going to go somewhere good, even if it wasn't a top choice! :luck:

Last edited:
Congrats to all who matched!!! Good luck tomorrow to those scrambling...it's St. Patty's Day, so hopefully, the luck of the Irish will be with you :luck:

MATCHED!!

Stay tuned for where....

MATCHED! Stay tuned...

Whoohoo...I matched, now let the waiting continue :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone! Lets hope I'm lucky enough next year. :luck::luck:

Also matched. Definitely going to be a tough next 24 hours waiting for the location!

good luck everybody!!!! less than 4 hours to go!!
4LCP%20SHAMROCK%20Four%20leaf%20clover%20pendant%20necklace.JPG

Matched!

First choice!

UTSW!

w00t!!!!

MATCHED!

Montefiore Children's Hospital in NYC!!! 1st choice!!
YAY!!!!

University of Colorado, first choice.

Matched at Tufts!

:soexcited:

I will be heading to Children's Memorial/NWU. My chief resident called me and told me I am part of a historic intern class, one of 13 guys in the intern class. There have not been so many guys since the 1970s! WOOHOO!

NYU -- really excited about the program and living in Manhattan!

Thanks to the folks on this board; I visited frequently during the whole interview period and always found answers to my questions.

Children's Mercy!

Cincinnati!!!

First Choice!!! w00t!

Last edited:
University of Utah triple board (peds/psych/child psych)

It was my #1 choice and I'm beyond excited about it! :D

got MCW (Med College of Wisconsin). Very, VERY happy! Come on, there HAVE to be a few more SDN lurkers who are going there too!

CINCINNATI - woo hoo!

EMORY (I am so excited!)- when do they get in touch with us?

I'm headed for Duke, and ecstatic! Nice to be able to plan our next 3 years now.

got MCW (Med College of Wisconsin). Very, VERY happy! Come on, there HAVE to be a few more SDN lurkers who are going there too!

Not sure if I qualify as a lurker, but I'm staying at MCW as well! So psyched to get my first choice. We'll definitely have to chat before orientation starts!

Triple Board at University of Hawaii!!!

I suppose I just gave away who I am, but that's ok. :)

Hey there! Good luck this coming intern year. I've worked closely with both the peds and child psych dept and both programs are very solid. You won't have me to bother you though during your DB peds rotation (finished the fellowship this past year) but I'm hoping you'll have fun nonetheless with Dr. O.